For You Non Believers

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
For those of you who think some of us are hallucinating when we post about Mosquito Noise, see This forum at AVSForum, it is about Video Processors. Do a search for mosquito and have some fun reading. ;)

DarrellP,

I have never doubt it the mosquito noise. I can see it in my sets 42" & 60" inches. Equator is the worse of all. But I saw two programs in Equator HD without it. Earth Diaries and FilmScapes. Everything else has that damn mosquito noise on that channel.

Could be more colors and information, that those shows pull more b/w at the time. Other Equator shows have too much "similiar" information in them.

Sean Mota said:
DarrellP,

I have never doubt it the mosquito noise. I can see it in my sets 42" & 60" inches. Equator is the worse of all. But I saw two programs in Equator HD without it. Earth Diaries and FilmScapes. Everything else has that damn mosquito noise on that channel.
I've noticed some shows with minimal mosquito noise but they seemed softer, so I wonder if they are playing around with the compression algorithms or softening it prior to processing? I really want to see EquatorHD at full bitrate, this is a channel that really deserves it. :yes

I have a Panny 42" plasma and I notice the mosquito noise in EquatorHD. I agree with Darrell and others: Voom should tweak this channels and increase the bandwidth.

If they should play with any bandwidth, mess with Moov I think you'll get less groans, and kill channel 999, I don't know how many times I say this, but it just seems stupid to be pointing at pixelation and mosquito noise with those two useless channels there staring back at me.

Does anyone ever tune in 999? It does seem like a waste of a channel.

DarrellP said:
I tuned it during the DNC and RNC ;). Seriously, I think they should kill it and use it to increase the bandwidth of other channels such as EquatorHD.

DarrellP said:
I was about to say that the channel would be pretty useful when demo'ing Voom in a store, but then I remembered you can't really find Voom in any "real" stores. I sometimes turn it on when someone comes over for the first time and wants to know what Voom is. But I could easily just tune to each of the channels individually and show them what's on (all day long). :rolleyes:

Now that Cinema10 has several channels labeled "Intermission" I just hop in there and get the same previews playing on 999, not to mention that Rave/Rush/Worldport, run their own ad clips, PLUS, occasionally on Cinema10 you get movie trailers and stuff. So why keep 999? If there is a special even, fine turn it on, but the DNC/RNC are over why still have 999? We don't have Olympics HD channel turned on anymore. Does Moov really need the bandwidth? Can we just have someone doodle with a pencil in black and white to save color bandwidth?

sound doesn't take up much bandwidth as video so they can fix it most likely a glitch i remember back when directv had problems with sound as well (ie sound spikes) when they upgraded their software and on some units such as sony was causing sound spikes so they sent a software fix patch for them.

My local Sears has done a great job of displaying Voom but they always have Soccer playing when I am in there.

Take your Voom controller and change it to Rave or some nude art show on Gallery.

DobyMax said:
Never had it. Never will. :D

Then you are the most ignorant person to be commenting on Voom... you obviously work for D*.. good day. :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)