Formatting issue

dvtshp

Original poster
May 30, 2011
MI
High Def channels are cropped. I've hit the * button and nothing changes when I page up through the options. It's worked in the past. Not sure what's going on. I've also made sure the settings (1080, etc.) are all set. The Toshiba 52" LCD HD tv settings are all OK too. The DN receiver is brand new (two months old) - higher end model.

I'm flummoxed.

If no one has any idea a "I have no idea, call DN", would also be helpful.

Last edited:
Make sure the setting on the TV did not get changed. Also be sure you are actually on an HD channel, that is showing a 16X9 pic. For instance, the local CBS here shows the news in the old format, even though it is in HD. (I have no reason why they would do this, they are the only local news to do this)

I have 4 Toshiba hd tvs in my house and the aspect ratio on the tvs are all set for natural or 0 in the menu. This gives the best picture on my dishnetwork receiver for all my sat and ota channels. I recommend you check your tv setting on aspect ratio and set it for 0 or natural .

Make sure the setting on the TV did not get changed. Also be sure you are actually on an HD channel, that is showing a 16X9 pic. For instance, the local CBS here shows the news in the old format, even though it is in HD. (I have no reason why they would do this, they are the only local news to do this)
The camera's and/or the switcher systems aren't HD units so they are broadcasting a signal that is outputting HD but in house isn't there yet. In this area we have a station that just went full HD for their news. 2 (owned by same company) that have color banners on each side. And the final one that does news just shows 4X3 without filling in the sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)