Fortec FS6D + scalar ring possible? or do I need a Collar II?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
addition...The C-Band LNB usually has a skew marks or an arrow on them. Some LNB"s seem to be off by 90 degrees

The 621 is usually true and has an arrow at the end...line that up with "0" (or an approx)
The 421 seems to be off by 90 degrees so line it up for 9:00 or 3:00. The 421 has skew markings on the end of the LNB
The Eagle Aspen stacked LNB seems to be right on

cool deal Ice, I did move the dish/lnb like you said and walla, 121w channels began to appear on the cband side. Doing a blind scan to see what I can find there lol.

Btw: I am using the 621-2 w/o the jumper, and a cw-800s.

sweet. So you only need to move the dish a little east and you should be able to lock 116.8

The 621 the arrow should be straight up to 0 skew

sweet. So you only need to move the dish a little east and you should be able to lock 116.8

The 621 the arrow should be straight up to 0 skew

yes 621's arrow marker facing up, and the elevation slider arm is at aprox 12.75.

I'd already got 116w and 113w just fine too...

damn I also forgot its Laker and Ducks both playing at home too..

1-1 ducks/sharks

40-32 Lakers

yeah baby!!

For those of you in L.A and want to get the Fortec FS6D and want to set this up the right way, aim to 116w (your closest bird to your true south) with the polar elavation of 12.75 measured with the adjustable slider located in the rear of the dish. Also point the LNB's marker straight up if you are using the 621 or 621-2.

Well, I'm playing with this dish for last couple day, overall, the focus point, from my experience is not where you think it is...

Maybe is just me, but while aiming at 121W, tp 3900, I simply can't lock it, quality jump from 4-11...

Then during moving that dish into backyard, I twisted one of the supporing rod for LNB, and I twist the scalar ring which connected to the supporting rod, all by accident :eek::eek: bingo... after I plug in my receiver and TV, and move to tp 4186, the quality amazingly goes to 99% after I locked it, and TP 3900 jump from 4-10 to 12-25, and I was able to lock it...

So if you might wana, twist the scalar rings, you might get extra...

Well, I'm playing with this dish for last couple day, overall, the focus point, from my experience is not where you think it is...

Maybe is just me, but while aiming at 121W, tp 3900, I simply can't lock it, quality jump from 4-11...

Then during moving that dish into backyard, I twisted one of the supporing rod for LNB, and I twist the scalar ring which connected to the supporting rod, all by accident :eek::eek: bingo... after I plug in my receiver and TV, and move to tp 4186, the quality amazingly goes to 99% after I locked it, and TP 3900 jump from 4-10 to 12-25, and I was able to lock it...

So if you might wana, twist the scalar rings, you might get extra...

good things happen when you bend that dish, cool deal. :hungry:

BTW: High winds (30-60mph) and 100+ weather and dish still standing on only 2 concrete blocks.. :cool::cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts