Found a Sonicview 8000 for $25.00 at a Salvation Army store earlier today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any specific instructions for using this file?
Can I load it through the USB?

Also, there was mention of a second file to load after this one. Did you use the latest Factory one? Or something different.

Thanks...

Yea you can load with usb drive as well. I did load the factory bin thereafter and made no changes for me.

The receiver is working great right now, I've had no big issues in the last day or 2.

Well I have not gotten any reply from the Sonicview folks via email, so today I decided to call their support lines. And both lines are disconnected. Figures why they have not answered my emails, they don't even have any landlines LOL

pro96......

I was fooling around with my box last night and had no luck with most of the files that I loaded. Even the one you posted as a cleaner did not help. All came back with the message "install latest software".

I found a bin on a hackers site that was dated April 5th, that reportedly fixed the issue of this nag. Loaded that and for a few hours of TV last night it seemed to work fine.

I dont like to load those bins because you never know what it will do to your box, but in this situation, it left me with no choice because it was rendered useless, even for FTA purposes.

I am guessing that Sonicview wont be updating their Factory bins any time soon??

I red people are lately having a lot of problems with these bins you mentioned. Were you able to scan or view any previously scanned HD channels on ANY sat after loading that bin? If yes, where they QPSK or 8-PSK modulated? I red, these bins block 8-psk tuner module normal operation, if you have one installed, but ATSC HD tuner is working fine. One can switch btw 2 sat tuners, but can't tune or scan in any HD sat channels, in particular 8-PSK. What's your experience with it? In my view, its best to stay away from piracy stuff, it's origin is unknown, and it may eventually harm your STB.

Last edited:
If you can tell me where exactly I can find those HD channels, I will be glad to let you know the findings.

I have not spent too much time with the box, other than connected it to my set up where I had a Viewsat box (non HD) connected previously, with the hope of getting a few extra channels in HD, but have not had the time to scan through all the sats.

I have a Ku band set up and can go from 62 to 129 +/-.

Let me know and I will report the findings on the bin I have loaded!

I am guessing that Sonicview wont be updating their Factory bins any time soon??

Well it don't look that way my friend since their phone lines are disconnected and I am sure their emails are too. So factory bins are history with SV

It didn't occur to me to clone the sonicview 8000 with my good one that has all the satellite names. hmmmm

I'm gonna try and see how it goes.

here is the steps in case needs them besides me.

Code:
Have the Master box power "ON", and slave box power "OFF" completely.
Connect Master and Slave box with Null cable.

User remote control unit pointing at the Master and press YELLOW button and #4 (#1=Main software, #2=Channel list, #3 Bootloader, #4= ALL)

Now power up the Slave box by using the rear power switch and you should see it start transferring.

Wait until it finishes and reboots.

hmm, I do the steps and I do not get that menu that shows #1=Main software, #2=Channel list, #3 Bootloader, #4= ALL

Cleaning out your sv

Pro96,
I had the same problem with a sv360elite that needed to be rolled back to factory - "Please update to latest software".

The original owner had given up & put it out for his yard sale - $20.

After doing a lot of digging & testing of the supposed 'factory' files I came to the conclusion that I must go back to 'factory' files before June 2009.

I used the factory down-loader v0201 with a null modem cable with an old Win XP laptop after doing a factory reset to wipe all data. The end result was a factory test grid option on the tv screen afterward.....factory clean.

I suppose you could save your channel data beforehand to the pc to be reloaded after cleaning & then updated to the latest genuine 'factory' file.

I once tried a SV8000HD myself for fta but didn't like it.

Here's the instructions:

"SONICVIEW 8000HD Return to factory state
This procedure will return your sonicview 8000hd to factory state and clear any corrupted memory.
This will give you a fresh start if you are having problems with your receiver.

(1) Do a factory default.

(2) Install the 101 rom file.

(3) Factory default again.
(Now you have cleared everything except the transponder files and template.)

(4) Install blank channel name template.

(5) Factory default again. Select language and go to menu, settings, user options and turn auto full name off then on.

(6) Install the HD8000 All Sats No Channels file.

(7) Factory default again.

The memory should now be completely flushed out and just like it was when it came out of the box."

This worked for me, same idea but different model.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Downloader_v0201.zip
    199.3 KB · Views: 135
  • HD8000 Factory Ver 101.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 146
  • Full Name Blank.zip
    172 bytes · Views: 137
  • HD8000 All Sats No Channels.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 145
I was hoping you found a solution I purchased my box new now I only have 9 sat's to choose from but no one seems to have an answer. Thanks cigarman

I was hoping you found a solution I purchased my box new now I only have 9 sat's to choose from but no one seems to have an answer. Thanks cigarman

You should be able to load the "HD8000 All Sats No Channels" file above to restore your sat list via USB. The channels file can be separate from the software, however, the software bin may include changes to the list of sats, or their transponders. Remember to do a "factory default" after loading a new bin for the changes to take effect.

Last edited:
I had a chance to put my hand on SV8000HD.Machine had hackawere on it.Wanted to do some test. So I cleand up with factory bin 101 and machine shows me no more HD quality on screen. It looks like very poor picture (like 480) only and cannot load new sat anymore.I found some bins on another sites and load it up one (501 I thing it was ) and HD definition shows up again and nowI can scan for any sat I want.So What I should load up AFTER 101 clean??. Machine don't have 8psq module installed.With 501 hackawere I am able to watch all PBS' w/High Def and all but on 101 There is NOTHING I can do.Some file still missing?

As far as I remember reading somewhere, try loading SysClean file 4.35, latest factory file 2.57, and latest TP & (empty) Channel List file for the sats you want to watch.

As far as I remember reading somewhere, try loading SysClean file 4.35, latest factory file 2.57, and latest TP & (empty) Channel List file for the sats you want to watch.
OK.That already something. Thanks very much.I am going tu start some search on those files U just mention.Thanks

I've left my SV8000 as is and been working fine. I got used to adding TP and Sats manually.

well today my salvation army SV8000HD rebooted on its own as I was watching the Argentina World cup game and was stuck on BOOTING.

Powered off/on with rear switch and display was gone, I did see the green lights on the board "on" but other then that it was doing nothing else..

So did a google search on Sonicview 8000 power supply and found some results on some "hack" sites (had no choice) and followed some suggestions on how to fix the BOOTING/NO Display problems.

It mentioned to replace the C10 and C24 capacitors with radio shack part # 272-1032.
Ran to Ratshackatack and purchased 2 caps, took out the power supply board and removed and replaced the 2 capacitors as pictured:

Put back the power supply, and fired up the SV8000HD and walla.. the display was back ON and booted normally.

total cost for fix, $3.49 since I already had the solder iron and some rosin core solder.

Attachments

• SV8000-C10C24.jpg
    SV8000-C10C24.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 152
It mentioned to replace the C10 and C24 capacitors with radio shack part # 272-1032.
Ran to Ratshackatack and purchased 2 caps, took out the power supply board and removed and replaced the 2 capacitors as pictured:

total cost for fix, $3.49 since I already had the solder iron and some rosin core solder.

damn only 3.49 huh at Rat Shack...and they had the part in stock

wonders never cease ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts