Found Part of the Problem, What Next?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tvropro, this is what I have.

Did soft reboot and left GO ch13 setting there for over an hour. Then I entered 644 and highlighted X4 hit exit and then save. I just finished checking channels and most of the channels from 1-24 have a DCII lock green light now. That now includes Channel 10. That is the first time it has locked. However, digital channels start at 251 now and most from there up to channel 856 have a DCII lock green.

It seems to be trying to come back and work. Small gains each time are slow, but something is happening. It is far from right yet as the DMX channels all seem to be there but not in the 900s, but instead are found between 820-856 and they all work.

Channel 10 locks and has a signal of 100 and quality of 99. Couldn't get anything before. What do you think is going on here?

Thanks, Stoker

Your old X4 Ku map is corrupted and conflicting with the C band version. I wish I knew of a way to flush the ku map out without doing a MR. Only Motorola can do that by sending an updated set of full channel maps without any x4 ku map. This was obtainable a little over a week ago on G1-3. Now your just going to have to poke and hope that you can get it to flush out somehow by itself. This may be a long shot but try this. Remove ALL the tiles except G0 and do another soft reboot and let it sit. It may be that somehow they are interfering/interacting with each other. After it sits at the X4 position 20 min try X4 again and see it that flushes the corruption. It's worth a shot at this point since you are seeing some success.

after spening over an hour and a half helping a forum member lastnight over the phone i believe the g0 10 work around doesnt work. i first thought this when i attempted to tune g0 10 @ w5 myself and i found i didnt even have g0 10 in my maps. the frequencies i listed earlier worked for him but it took some time. 1250.000 is what g0 10 is attempting to tune i think. id go with what tvropro said about removing all programmed sats and attempt to manually tune the frequencies.

crackt out,.

Thanks Crackt,

I think Tvropro is probably suggesting about the only thing really left to try. It is still interesting that Go and X4 both would not lock over the last five days, and then X4 finally locked on channel 10. I somehow doubt that generic sats will have a lot of value after the change over. But on the other hand, there are a lot of sats above our heads and two things come to mind real quick. One is the need for a large list of sats that can be assigned for different birds and two we don't know what may happen down the road. 4play may become valuable in some new ways but we might find that it still has limitations. It's for that reason that I am not inclined to do a master reset. I thought we had this all figured out six days ago, but there are still problems and I wonder how many people have just given up on their receivers.

For myself, I will try Tvropro's suggestion. After that, who knows. Two days from now someone might stubble onto a way to fix this problem, so might just wait and see.

Thanks again for your help. Both of you!

Stoker

well ill just say that the generics are still of use. i used ce and cf lastnight to tune channels. it is quite difficult to cover all the bases and communicate efficiently over a message board. im definately one who likes to beat the bugs out. ultimately i think the option that ive seen work the most is manually tuning w5 frequencies. the 905 that me and eskie worked on last night was definately problematic. just like you he had issues tuning alot of frequencies but we did manage to get the x4 tile mapped correctly. dont give up and dont master reset until your sure all hope is lost. ive said this before and it may not be of consequence in your situation but if your having troubles locking.... my 4dtv units polarity is inversed to my fta recievers. so with my fta stuff horizontal is horizontal and vertical is vertical. on the 4d units i have lnb set to rotated 90 and horizontal is vertical and vice versa(compared to lyngsats listings) verify lnb settings and compare with another reciever. if you can lock on 2 of your 3 then compare every setting between the recievers. also id disable moving dish for updates option. if possible also remove any splitters or switches you have in your setup and cable directly to the lnb.

crackt out,.

Hi Stoker.
My 4d had the old maps with x4 being ku without subscription. I bought it at a pawn shop almost 2 years ago ( so who knows how long the unit was without getting hits ) with a good battery ( I'm pretty sure the past owner replaced it just by looking at the battery it has in it ).
I did as the pros in here sugested moved the dish to the w5 position, let it sit there but changed it to the generic sat CF 107T and 1/2 hr 45 minutes later my x4 tile changed to C band ( granted I already did all the 4 steps change ), I'd called SRL subscribe to a package and slowly ( about an hour or so ) had the guide fully loaded and the box is working like the first day.
Don't know if you have tried it but for me it worked like a charm.

I cannot thank you enough TVRO for all your input and work getting the boxes not to ended it as a door stop- miilion thanks to you and others who have made it possible.

Regards.
Juan.

Thanks Crackt,

I think Tvropro is probably suggesting about the only thing really left to try. It is still interesting that Go and X4 both would not lock over the last five days, and then X4 finally locked on channel 10. I somehow doubt that generic sats will have a lot of value after the change over. But on the other hand, there are a lot of sats above our heads and two things come to mind real quick. One is the need for a large list of sats that can be assigned for different birds and two we don't know what may happen down the road. 4play may become valuable in some new ways but we might find that it still has limitations. It's for that reason that I am not inclined to do a master reset. I thought we had this all figured out six days ago, but there are still problems and I wonder how many people have just given up on their receivers.

For myself, I will try Tvropro's suggestion. After that, who knows. Two days from now someone might stubble onto a way to fix this problem, so might just wait and see.

Thanks again for your help. Both of you!

Stoker

stoker_x1;
Have you got your channels correct yet?
I had the problem with the channels and tried the alternate solution on the website, but failed to correct because I never got a DCII lite on G0-10. I made many trials with the frequency and polarity to attempt to get a download on G0. Never did suceed. I was successful only, after 'REMOVING' X4 from active satellite list, pulling the power plug, and letting it come back on through the 'WARM UP' and letting it sit on W5-10. I got DCII lite then and let is rest there for a while, then added X4 back to the active satellite list. Everything straightened out for me. God Luck.

stoker_x1;
Have you got your channels correct yet?
I had the problem with the channels and tried the alternate solution on the website, but failed to correct because I never got a DCII lite on G0-10. I made many trials with the frequency and polarity to attempt to get a download on G0. Never did suceed. I was successful only, after 'REMOVING' X4 from active satellite list, pulling the power plug, and letting it come back on through the 'WARM UP' and letting it sit on W5-10. I got DCII lite then and let is rest there for a while, then added X4 back to the active satellite list. Everything straightened out for me. God Luck.

the instructions arent very clear but g0 10 is supposed to be tuned with the dish pointed at w5 not pointing at g0. im working with stoker to resolve his issues. we will post the results shortly.

crackt out,.

I should have said that the dish was stationary on W5 all through the process. I never did figure out why I could not get a DC signal on G0-10. Doesn't matter now, as I have completed successfully. Now, I do need to remember to reset the dish location for G0, if I want to go there in the future.
Thanks,

Thanks Crackt,

The two of us worked on my problem for two days over the phone. We tried doing things that I have never seen posted. In the end, no success, in spite of Crackt's expertise. We concluded that most of the Sat Titles were corrupted for some reason and would not accept updates, something like caught in a loop. I made the decision to do a Master Reset. If you are like me you probably hate giving up anything you already have, and loosing my generics was not something I wanted to do, but if I didn't reset the receiver it would remain useless.

After doing a Factory reset, everything worked perfect and was easy. No generics showed on the list, but there were enough sat titles to lock in all my favorite Sats. In fact, the sat titles on the list were familiar and had been used by me over the last year. GB was not on the list so I used G7 for that location. After locking in all my Satellites I settled down and watch a college basketball game and later moved to X4 and watched some of my paid channels. Life was good again.

I never used generics that much in the past and feel sure that for me at least I'm happy that my 922 is again in a usable condition. If generics turn out to be important down the road, I have other 922s now that are safe and have all the generic satellites.

Thanks for all the help people gave me and a special thanks to Tvropro. As for Crackt, he is great and people should listen when he posts information. Thanks Crackt.

Stoker

Glad you got it working, too bad you had to loose the generics. You have other receivers with them though so it's no big deal. It's us single 4DTV homes where it would hurt. Hopefully you'll be able to transfer the new generics from the new 4play in the future to that IRD. As time goes on that will be the only option I'm thinking . We have to keep pounding away at that and get it to be a winner. Theres an old saying "Anything can be done with patience and perseverance" Did you see the webpage I got up now dedicated to 4Play? 4Play The Next Generation

Not yet, but have been under the weather a bit and the problems I have had the last seven days have taken up all my free time. I'll take a look today.

People just don't know how lucky they are to have someone like you so dedicated to helping them solve their problems.

Thanks Tvropro!!!!

Not yet, but have been under the weather a bit and the problems I have had the last seven days have taken up all my free time. I'll take a look today.

People just don't know how lucky they are to have someone like you so dedicated to helping them solve their problems.

Thanks Tvropro!!!!

Been in the satellite game a long time, 24 years with a bud. I have seen most of it all. I don't want to see it die because of greed driven money mongers like NPS & Ergan. The jobs I take on with my business usually require countless hours of R&D to get them right. ( I never get payed what I'm worth for that :( ) so it's become second nature to have to figure out the massive mess up's. Maybe someday my life will get cake work, as I get older thats what I really would like.

Thanks Crackt,

The two of us worked on my problem for two days over the phone. We tried doing things that I have never seen posted. In the end, no success, in spite of Crackt's expertise. We concluded that most of the Sat Titles were corrupted for some reason and would not accept updates, something like caught in a loop. I made the decision to do a Master Reset. If you are like me you probably hate giving up anything you already have, and loosing my generics was not something I wanted to do, but if I didn't reset the receiver it would remain useless.

Stoker

Sorry to hear that, but at least you know you did everything possible to avoid that situation.
It is good to know that you have it working again albeit with some changes. Maybe if they can get the 4play program to work you may have a chance in the future to get the missing tiles back.

I do have a question for you now, Which satellite tiles did you have remaining in your receiver after a master reset?

It also saved risking my other 922s with this process. Thank you for all the help you gave too.

Sat Tiles are now: B6, W2, W3, T4, G7, T6, G3, T5, G6, W4, K1, W1, X4, E2, A2, M1, M5, GO, XO, G5, G9, T7, C3, G1, C4, C1....that's it.

26 Total.

Good question! I didn't check that out as I added satellites last night, but did see a number a c-band channels 1-24 scattered across the arc. If they worked then maybe the digitals would too. I'll check that out in the morning and send you a private email. I have to do some jobs for my wife before dark, so will catch up in the morning.

Thanks, Stoker

Good question! I didn't check that out as I added satellites last night, but did see a number a c-band channels 1-24 scattered across the arc. If they worked then maybe the digitals would too. I'll check that out in the morning and send you a private email. I have to do some jobs for my wife before dark, so will catch up in the morning.

Thanks, Stoker

:up:up

I just had to check at least one satellite. C4 has a lot of digital channels and I'm watching 581 NWCN right now and it is clear as a bell.

Stoker

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts