Four degree spacing?

Discussion in 'Free To Air (FTA) Discussion' started by kittyhas1000legs, Feb 13, 2018.

1. kittyhas1000legs

kittyhas1000legs Topic Starter That's a lot of claws!
    Pub Member / Supporter

I've temporarily set aside the motor on my 90cm GeosatPro dish, since the balcony is tilted and I can't get shims under the NPRM nicely to keep the pole plumb. I switched back to a multi-LNBF setup with 103/97/91, which works well. Six-degree spacing is as close as I can get with the Maverick and GeosatPro LNBF's I have right now (they're touching each other and physically can't get closer). I'd like to try for four-degree spacing, hopefully 103/99/95/91. There don't seem to be too many LNBF's that would allow for this. I know SatelliteAV has their bullet LNB, but I'm not about to pony up $45ish per LNB.

What would be a relatively reliable way to get four-degree spacing on a 90cm dish? I recall seeing threads years ago on here of people cutting away some of two LNBs and gluing them together, but I'm not sure about going that route. Murphy's Law seems to follow me around... Has anyone tried out one of these guys? Would it give enough gain to be fairly reliable on US birds? Maybe a couple carefully-placed World Direct LNBFs?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 kittyhas1000legs, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. *** WELCOME TO SATELLITEGUYS! ***
  3. RimaNTSS

RimaNTSS SatelliteGuys Pro

I have used Inverto Black Multiconnect LNBFs for long time, and on Toroidal dish easily got spacing of 2*. 81JYor2aPqL._SL1500_.jpg I have 3 Quad LNBFs. If you are interested I could offer you a deal.

KE4EST likes this.
  4. Wescopc/KI7OZM

Wescopc/KI7OZM SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

5. kittyhas1000legs

kittyhas1000legs Topic Starter That's a lot of claws!
    Pub Member / Supporter

6. bpalone

bpalone SatelliteGuys Pro
    Pub Member / Supporter

Not exactly what you are asking for, but have you thought about trying to attach leveling legs to your NPRM? Was thinking of something like you find on appliances, where you can adjust to level them up on an uneven floor. You would have to fabricate something to achieve the same result. Would allow you to keep your motor. Just a thought. I enjoy seeing peoples experiences experimenting, always pick up a bit of wisdom from them.

Good luck with which ever way you go with it.

7. RimaNTSS

I was thinking a lot about building multifeeds and finally come to the solution as on the attached pictures. It is not so difficult to fabricate and allows to fine-tune each LNB independently. Also, depending on the clamp used any LNBF can be used (neck size 23mm-40mm-65mm). IMG_20170827_121502 (Large).jpg IMG_20170827_121526 (Large).jpg

kittyhas1000legs likes this.
  8. Martyn

Martyn SatelliteGuys Pro

What clamp and metal brackets are those? I was looking around in Home Depot for something similar and never found it. I was probably in the wrong department.

9. RimaNTSS

All INOX. Look for pipe-clamps. IMG_20180214_191314 (Large).jpg I only use brass nuts to prevent possible sieze between nut&bolt.

10. danristheman

danristheman SatelliteGuys Pro

Look at my setup for example kitty. I have 2 to 4 degree separation.

Separate names with a comma.

More...