Status
Please reply by conversation.

kittyhas1000legs

That's a lot of claws!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Western Slope, CO
I've temporarily set aside the motor on my 90cm GeosatPro dish, since the balcony is tilted and I can't get shims under the NPRM nicely to keep the pole plumb. I switched back to a multi-LNBF setup with 103/97/91, which works well. Six-degree spacing is as close as I can get with the Maverick and GeosatPro LNBF's I have right now (they're touching each other and physically can't get closer). I'd like to try for four-degree spacing, hopefully 103/99/95/91. There don't seem to be too many LNBF's that would allow for this. I know SatelliteAV has their bullet LNB, but I'm not about to pony up $45ish per LNB.

What would be a relatively reliable way to get four-degree spacing on a 90cm dish? I recall seeing threads years ago on here of people cutting away some of two LNBs and gluing them together, but I'm not sure about going that route. Murphy's Law seems to follow me around... Has anyone tried out one of these guys? Would it give enough gain to be fairly reliable on US birds? Maybe a couple carefully-placed World Direct LNBFs?

s-l500.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I have used Inverto Black Multiconnect LNBFs for long time, and on Toroidal dish easily got spacing of 2*. 81JYor2aPqL._SL1500_.jpg I have 3 Quad LNBFs. If you are interested I could offer you a deal.

Reactions: KE4EST
Not exactly what you are asking for, but have you thought about trying to attach leveling legs to your NPRM? Was thinking of something like you find on appliances, where you can adjust to level them up on an uneven floor. You would have to fabricate something to achieve the same result. Would allow you to keep your motor. Just a thought. I enjoy seeing peoples experiences experimenting, always pick up a bit of wisdom from them.

Good luck with which ever way you go with it.

I was thinking a lot about building multifeeds and finally come to the solution as on the attached pictures. It is not so difficult to fabricate and allows to fine-tune each LNB independently. Also, depending on the clamp used any LNBF can be used (neck size 23mm-40mm-65mm). IMG_20170827_121502 (Large).jpg IMG_20170827_121526 (Large).jpg

What clamp and metal brackets are those? I was looking around in Home Depot for something similar and never found it. I was probably in the wrong department.

Many thanks to RimaNTSS! I now have one Geosatpro PLL LNBF and two Inverto Quads set up for 103, 95, and 91. The 95 is slightly misaligned, so it also gets a few channels from 97w, including Press TV which isnice since I'ma bit of a news Junkie.

Now I need to fabricate some better LNB holders so I can squeeze in another LNBF or two... that, and take some photos.

Kitty do you have a true value hardware store nearby? They have the parts you need for dirt cheap.
Many thanks to RimaNTSS! I now have one Geosatpro PLL LNBF and two Inverto Quads set up for 103, 95, and 91. The 95 is slightly misaligned, so it also gets a few channels from 97w, including Press TV which isnice since I'ma bit of a news Junkie.

Now I need to fabricate some better LNB holders so I can squeeze in another LNBF or two... that, and take some photos.

I just need to figure out exactly which parts to use. There are a few True Value, Ace, Lowes, and Home Depot all within 5 miles or so.

Here's the current setup. In a couple days I'll have time to stop at a hardware store and futz with things.

P3051958.JPG P3051960.JPG

Centered LNBF is on 103W. The Quattros are on 91W and 95/97. The second shot shows that while it's possible with "standard" LNB holders, it would be easier to fine-tune if I fabricate something. The far-off LNB will hopefully be 113W at some point (ten degrees off of center vs. twelve for 91W, but haven't quite gotten it yet.)

a 3/4" EMT hanger will fit the Inverto quads perfectly and may be usable.
P3051959.JPG

I have to get a couple more pieces, but things are working well so far. The bodies on the quads are still a little wide, but nothing that can't be dealt with.
20180320_093938.jpeg
20180320_093930.jpeg

One more stop at the store and I'll have 103/99/95/91 on a 90cm. Forecast mentioned possible light rain, so I have a temporary rain cover on it until I can add the last lnb. I think my redneck is showing.

20180321_083914.jpeg

Welcome to club with PVC pipe with threaded rods and clamps they hold up a lot better in the harsh weather than plastic holders.

I'd like to try for four-degree spacing, hopefully 103/99/95/91.
You can easily do it for you. Nothing complicated
It depends on what antenna and fastener to LNB.
In one photo I had 2 degrees for 3 satellites, an antenna of 1.2 m
And there are 3-4 degrees on the 1.2m antenna.
The signal is excellent everywhere.
-------------------------------------------------
If the house site allows for several antennas. It is necessary to have an antenna with a motor, and several other antennas with multi-phi.

Attachments

• 19.2?--?-1.2?-12?.png
    19.2?--?-1.2?-12?.png
    302.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 19.2?-?-1.2?-12?-2.png
    19.2?-?-1.2?-12?-2.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 2??-1.jpg
    2??-1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 2??-6.jpg
    2??-6.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 190
  • 2??-7.jpg
    2??-7.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 2??-3.jpg
    2??-3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 183
  • 2??-4.jpg
    2??-4.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 2??-5.jpg
    2??-5.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 182
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)