FOX-HD & NFL SuperBowl?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
I know its been stated that for now due to "legal issues?" FOX-HD is only broadcasting the MLB playoffs since they are "special events" (did I word that right?). If thats the case, wouldn't the NFL playoffs/SuperBowl fall into the same "special event"? Please let it be so? The addition of FOX-HD and the MLB games has effected me more than any addition to the HD programing D* has done so far. Now, I so want to see the NFL playoffs & SuperBowl....am I spoiled? After the SuperBowl, whats a guy to do.... :confused:

Barney

I think that makes sense Barney, that is how CBS did their HD intro on D*, it was with the Super Bowl. LOL, and I got screwed there. One of my Neighbors received the game from D* without doing anything ... as it should have been, I got squat and had to re-point my antenna to Cheyenne WY to get the beauty. FOX OTA DT is pristine for me so I have no fears of this, this season. In fact we sent out SB Party invites out last week!

You're welcome to come up Stone Man. We have trouble getting family from Denver up here. It's like we live in Sheridan, WY or Billing, MT to hear family talk about "driving all the way to Loveland."

All the sunday ticket games and MLB playoffs on my local OTA look great. Fox did a great job of getting all the HD right before brining it to market. I am very impressed with FOX HD local and sunday ticket games and hope to see many more events and shows in HD on fox in the future.

Dad-gum it slacker! You live too far away for a drive up for the SB party :no
I get all the local OTA (including WB & PBS) great, with just an indoor antenna, but our local FOX hasn't upgraded their tower (only broadcasting at 800 watts-they are stretching the "hardship" as long as they can).
The way FOX is sending & broadcasting 720P is outstanding & PQ is just breathtaking. I can't even imagine what 1080P would be like for sports :shocked

Barney

DirecTV says "no FOX ....... yet"

Called Customer Service this AM .... They say that FOX is not being offered at this time. How are you guys getting the game?

FOX West is listed at channel 89, but not transmitting. What gives?

From all the reading it seems you have to be either in an O&O market, have waivers, or, like me in a white area.

I also don't think these 3rd party CSR's are aware of the differences between FOX-TV vs. FOX Sports vs. a special FOX-HD event. I believe that although we are getting the feeds from a HD DNS FOX-TV affiliate, it is for the express purpose of a special FOX Sports HD event. Therefore they can be correct when saying FOX-TV (aka network programming) is not yet available in HD for them to distribute.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)