FOX NEWS ROLLS DOWN TO CLASSIC BRONZE 100

I "stuck" it to them though ...

I switched from DDA TurboHD Gold at $59.99

to

DDA Classic Bronze 100 with BronzeHD $54.99

Take that ... ;)

Well, Just an update.
I got a return Phone call from a nice lady Carrol from Dishnetwork, regaurding the Paper I faxed over.
She claimed while they were updating the website many times a Customer can log into their account, even when they aren't finished updating their website. This can lead to mis information on their website while updating packages." I said Ok thats understandable, "But Why was so many people able to see Fox News in all the Turbo packs all day long?"
I asked.
She flat out called me a lier and said it wasn't on there longer then 10 minutes. Just long enough for me to take a screen shot "Now I was getting mad"
I said Fair enough,
" Now why didn't you include Fox News HD in your Turbo Silver and gold packs since these are HD ONLY packs But no HD only pack carries FN or FBN?
"She said the Agreement with Fox was to Carry Fox News HD and Fox Business News HD in all of the New Classic 100,200,250 packs Not The Turbo Packs.
If Fox News is Demanded Highly by E* customers with Turbo packs Its up to Dishnetwork whether they make available to the Turbo packs in the future.

So This is all I got Out of her. They offered some credits, But I declined, Because Fox News and Turbo packs don't really affect me because I get those.
But Be aware of the FOX HD channels this year coming up. I have a feeling Charlie had to pay more then he wanted to come to terms with FOX. My Guess the Turbo packs Might not get all if any Fox HD channels. This is just a feeling I got while chatting. Just beware.
But My advice is keep writing those letters, keep calling . Because Unless the demand is High ,Your Not getting FN FBN in the Turbo packs.

Well if they don't include any more hd channels in the all hd turbo packs there is going to be some angry subs and potential subs will go to Directv instead. DISH has screwed up their marketing and programming packs till the point that even they don't know what is what. I have the feeling that if they don't address the confusion NOW , there will be even more subs leaving next quarter. I've said it before and I will say it again.

Charlie you need to :

K -Keep
I - It
S - Simple
S - Stupid
!

Well, Just an update.
I got a return Phone call from a nice lady Carrol from Dishnetwork, regaurding the Paper I faxed over.
She claimed while they were updating the website many times a Customer can log into their account, even when they aren't finished updating their website. This can lead to mis information on their website while updating packages." I said Ok thats understandable, "But Why was so many people able to see Fox News in all the Turbo packs all day long?"
I asked.
She flat out called me a lier and said it wasn't on there longer then 10 minutes. Just long enough for me to take a screen shot "Now I was getting mad"
I said Fair enough,
" Now why didn't you include Fox News HD in your Turbo Silver and gold packs since these are HD ONLY packs But no HD only pack carries FN or FBN?
"She said the Agreement with Fox was to Carry Fox News HD and Fox Business News HD in all of the New Classic 100,200,250 packs Not The Turbo Packs.
If Fox News is Demanded Highly by E* customers with Turbo packs Its up to Dishnetwork whether they make available to the Turbo packs in the future.

So This is all I got Out of her. They offered some credits, But I declined, Because Fox News and Turbo packs don't really affect me because I get those.
But Be aware of the FOX HD channels this year coming up. I have a feeling Charlie had to pay more then he wanted to come to terms with FOX. My Guess the Turbo packs Might not get all if any Fox HD channels. This is just a feeling I got while chatting. Just beware.
But My advice is keep writing those letters, keep calling . Because Unless the demand is High ,Your Not getting FN FBN in the Turbo packs.
Its not like we caught the page in an "Under Construction" mode. It was updated very clearly; Fox News was in the Bronze column and Fox Business was in the Gold column with a nice little gold graphic. It was not a matter of updating the site "incompletely." They put it up; they then took it down. I am just getting so angry about this...

Its not like we caught the page in an "Under Construction" mode. It was updated very clearly; Fox News was in the Bronze column and Fox Business was in the Gold column with a nice little gold graphic. It was not a matter of updating the site "incompletely." They put it up; they then took it down. I am just getting so angry about this...

Seriously, this is just unbelievable. Clearly everyone switching to the TurboHD stand-alones assumed any new HD channels added would also be added to the TurboHD stand-alone. And I am sure any new customers who signed up with TurboHD assumed this as well.

This stuff really is what is driving away E* customers. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why D* is adding net subscribers and E* is losing them. Charlie, this is it. Stuff like this. If they don't fix stuff like this, subscribers will continue to leave.

I still have a hard time believing their excuse, "we want to see how popular it is". If that's the case then stick in into the Plantinum Package. I'd rather see the Fox Channels there than C&I. Was there really more of a demand for that than Fox News??

I still have a hard time believing their excuse, "we want to see how popular it is". If that's the case then stick in into the Plantinum Package. I'd rather see the Fox Channels there than C&I. Was there really more of a demand for that than Fox News??

Dish Network is screwing subscribers. Period. FN and FBN are the only two channels that aren't shared between the TurboClassic and TurboStandalones.

FN should be in all three HD Only packs. And if they get away with this precedent, you can say bye bye to the HD only packs as they will become second-class citizens and probably, ultimately phased out.

And when that happens, I will be going back to Cox Cable. As much as I hate cox (their name is appropriate), I came to dish for the HD package. I will hate to lose my HD center ice games, but I won't be able to keep paying Dish for screwing their highest margin customers.

No response on the email I sent, but I'm not surprised. The member of the "executive" team that I talked to left me his call back number, but go figure.... He won't answer his phone. I've tried off and on for 2 or 3 weeks and all I get is voicemail.

I am sorry, but I couldn't wait...........

I changed to Classic Bronze 100+ with the accompanying HD programming. I now have Fox News and it is also in HD.

Go figure.

I'd be surprised if the Fox stuff does not end up in TurboHD soon. Of course they are not going to confirm any future plans to peple who ask. Companies don't operate that way. Maybe we just need to give them some time to get the packages worked out.

I signed up for Dish last week with a TurboHD package. My assumption is that Bronze will have all of the HD channels that Classic Bronze has, Silver will have all the HD channels of classic silver, and gold will have all the HD channels of classic gold. The TurboHD package costs less because there are less HD channels. I fully expect that the price of the TurboHD channels will rise as more channels become HD until eventually it will be absorbed into the corresponding classic package when the lineup become the same.

I'd be surprised if the Fox stuff does not end up in TurboHD soon.
That is what people have been saying for over a month now. So "soon" has come and gone -- and still no new HD channels have been added to TurboHD. Pathetic...

I signed up for Dish last week with a TurboHD package. My assumption is that Bronze will have all of the HD channels that Classic Bronze has, Silver will have all the HD channels of classic silver, and gold will have all the HD channels of classic gold.
Yes, many people have signed up for TurboHD on the premise you just spelled out. And I think even have some print material from DISH that even says that. Yet, now Charlie is trying to screw TurboHD viewers.

The TurboHD package costs less because there are less HD channels.
Maybe you misspoke, but TurboHD is cheaper because it has fewer channels overall (than it's parallel SD package) -- not because it has less HD.

I fully expect that the price of the TurboHD channels will rise as more channels become HD until eventually it will be absorbed into the corresponding classic package when the lineup become the same.
Maybe you don't realize the DISH recently had a price hike and while the Classic (SD) packages only went up about $3, most of the TurboHD ones went up $10 -- Charlie claimed that larger price increase was because more HD was coming to those packages. Now it seems Charlie is a liar because he has two new HD channels he is specifically limiting from those packages. If Charlie is trying to get rid of customers then he's doing a fine job -- otherwise he's a complete idiot.

I fully expect that the price of the TurboHD channels will rise as more channels become HD until eventually it will be absorbed into the corresponding classic package when the lineup become the same.
STL already said it, but I have to echo the sentiment; the price has already gone up!! And there was no commensurate increase in value of the package, i.e. new HD. You just signed up with the new price, but as a Turbo Gold subscriber, I am paying $10 more (25% price increase!!!!) and I have nothing new; not even the pitiful addition of two new HD channels that every other package received...

Yes, I must say that I am still somewhat amazed that Dish would jump to 39.99 for the TurboHD Silver. I don't to get back on the rant regarding that but DAMN! That was a helluva jump. For???? OH yea, the more HD that suppose "to come". Thats like paying for a chicken that is still yet to be an egg....or some other analogy that would be more understandable or suitable. :)

I wish Scott would respond to this if he is hearing anything. Scott, any official word you are getting? Got any inside info on why Dish is being ridiculous like this and not adding Fox News HD to the TurboHD only packs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)