FOX NEWS ROLLS DOWN TO CLASSIC BRONZE 100

Yes, I lost some channels, but my kids got some SD channels that they liked back. I would sooner pay for a package that Dish is supporting ...

You're missing the point. Everyone assumed that Dish would be adding new channels to the TurboHD packages, and with good reason: because they already had a stillborn/deprecated/abandoned HD package, called HD Absolute, announced just a few months before TurboHD, so why would they do the same thing again?

Sent to ceo@echostar.com;

as well as

"'oreilly@foxnews.com. hannity@foxnews.com

dish hd pkgs.jpg

I recently changed my programming to Hd Turbo Silver. I based this on the following attached document. It clearly notes that Fox News HD is part of ALL of the packages.

This is unconscionable.

The only national news most of America watches is Fox News.

As you can see I have include Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity to let them know that they have lost 1000's of viewers by your deceptive false advertising.

I have been with Dish network for 2 + years.

It should NOT be necessary for me to add programming when the attached document clearly states otherwise.

I will be certainly contemplating opting for another service if this is not corrected, and I mean soon.

Very Sincerely

well.... i sent my email to the ceo. hope something happens. what irritates me the most is that I had to talk to 4 different people the day I ordered my package and ALL of them confirmed that I would get fox news hd.

Oh well.... we'll see what happens. I'm not going to let this go easily. I'd probably get more done by beating my head against a brick wall, but I'm going to complain until I'm blue in the face.

I continue to be amazed by all the hoopla over one of the cable opinion networks - if you want news, you're probably already watching PBS. Oh, wait, virtually nobody has PBS HD LILs... oops! :D

That said, my 205 is gone as well - which sucks, just on principle. :(

I recently changed my programming to Hd Turbo Silver. I based this on the following attached document. It clearly notes that Fox News HD is part of ALL of the packages.

I called Dish earlier and got lied to about FNC. It's not more than I expected, though. Then I did a chat and got dizzy from that.

The CSR wrote that it was recorded for Customer Satisfaction, so I posted it below not being satisfied...

(I changed their name and mine and redacted the address info)

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
You have been connected to (R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
Laserich: Hi Jenna, thanks.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: You're very welcome.
Laserich: Why don't I get Fox News Channel HD with TurboHD Silver standalone HD only package?
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem, I will be happy to help you resolve your issue.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: Unfortunately Fox News is not currently included in any of the Turbo HD (HD only) packages.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I apologize for any inconvenience.
Laserich: Why not?
Laserich: I understand it just went off free preview.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future.
Laserich: But my neighbor has had Fox News HD with TurboHD Silver since the beginning of February.
Laserich: What's the real story?
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. It is not currently available in the HD only packages.
Laserich: Why does my neighbor have Fox News HD and he has TurboHD Silver standalone HD only?
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: Unfortunately I can't access your neighbors account to see what they subscribe to.
Laserich: What about Fox News SD?
Laserich: Sure, I understand, but you won't convince me he doesn't have it.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: He may have Fox News HD, but in order to have it, they'd have to subscribe to one of our classic Standard Definition packages, with the HD add on.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: The package you currently subscribe to is HD only, so you won't have access to the standard feed of Fox News either.
Laserich: He has TurboHD Silver standalone. You only mention FNC HD, what about the SD version?
Laserich: Oh, I see.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: We can certainly look at changing your basic package to allow you to receive both channels.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I apologize again for any inconvenience.
Laserich: No, thanks. It's a mystery to me why DISH listed in the TurboHD channel lineups FoxNewsHD on all three Turbo HD standalone packages back in February.
Laserich: Can you answer me this...
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I apologize for any confusion as well. If you have any print advertisements there, I'd be happy to try to clear that up.
Laserich: Are you saying that the HD only packages are going to be frozen with no new HD channels from now on?
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: No, I'm not saying that at all.
Laserich: Then it doesn't make sense that a Bronze Classic HD channel is not being made available in TurboHD Silver (or TurboHD Bronze for that matter).
Laserich: Do you have an explanation for that policy?
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: Your frustration is certainly understandable. I can't explain why they opted not to include the channel in the HD only packages, but again, we are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add this channel in our TurboHD packages in the future.
Laserich: Is there some kind of contract dispute with Fox over carriage of Fox News Channel?
Laserich: Sure, I understand that you're information is limited by scripted policy, but it doesn't help.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I don't believe so no. If there is a contract dispute, we normally can't air the channel at all.
Laserich: So it must be a DISH abandonment of their TurboHD customers.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I can assure you that's not the case. We're not opting not to add new channels at all. this is the first I've seen that was not added to the HD only packages, and again, that may change.
Laserich: Sure, I realize that, but the channel charts on the DISH website reflected the additon of Fox News Channel HD back in Feb. It was added, then it disappeared. That's the difference.
Laserich: And as I said, my neighbor still receives FNCHD.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I'm sorry if there was any initial confusion.
Laserich: Oh well, you can't explain it, but I thank you for your time.
Laserich: N
Laserich: oops
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: You're very welcome.
Laserich: It's not your fault. I'm certainly not very happy about it, but again it's not your fault.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I'm sorry, I can't access your neighbor's account on your behalf, but if you have them contact us, we can look into it for them.
Laserich: Bye now!
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Laserich: Wait,
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: Sure
Laserich: I said, my neighbor already gets FNC HD in his TurboHD Silver package.
Laserich: If he contacts Dish, apparently, they would de-authorize the channel so I doubt he will contact you all.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I understand that, but I can't access your neighbors account to verify that without contact from your neighbor.
Laserich: Bye now!
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: If they're getting the channel, they likely subscribe to standard programming as well, which allows them to receive it.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Laserich: Please pay attention, I've already said that my neighbor only subscribes to TurboHD Silver standalone HD only package and receives FNC HD. Too bad you guys have to concentrate on more than one customer at a time.
Laserich: No, but it's not all your fault.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I did pick up, and understand what you said, but again I can't access your neighbor's account to confirm that without speaking to them.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I apologize again for any inconvenience or confusion.
(R2D2C3PO) Jane Doe: I'm sorry to hear that I have not handled your concerns, is there something else I can assist you with tonight?
Laserich: Ok thanks, bye now! For real this time.

Are you home? Because you probably just lost it... And you definitely didn't get MSNBC...

I took fox news out of my favorites list a while back so I'm not sure. Only really want msnbc for news. At least they broadcast the evening news shows on the Internet.

as well as

"'oreilly@foxnews.com. hannity@foxnews.com

View attachment 34788

This is unconscionable.

The only national news most of America watches is Fox News.

As you can see I have include Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity to let them know that they have lost 1000's of viewers by your deceptive false advertising.

I have been with Dish network for 2 + years.

It should NOT be necessary for me to add programming when the attached document clearly states otherwise.

I will be certainly contemplating opting for another service if this is not corrected, and I mean soon.

Very Sincerely
Keep us updated. I faxed a copy to the main office in colorado. They accepted and said somone will call me tomorrow. We'll See!.
:)

I suggest anyone else that has an issue with this do the same, Instead of letting everyone Else do it for them.!protest:eureka
Otherwise you can't complain if your not going to do anything about it.:up

Just sent a complaint in...

I too changed my package to a TurboHD stand-alone package based on that screenshot. I was glad I got the free preview in SD, and assumed it would be added after that. But no dice.

So I sent an email with the screenshot to @ceo letting them know it is policies like this, and all the confusion behind it, that are the reason subscribers are leaving E* and why D* is growing.

Man, I overall really love E* service, but things like this drive me crazy!! What is the point of getting a TurboHD stand-alone if they are going to be the bastard child and not get new HD channels?!?!?

I will let you know if I hear anything...

Let's not forget that Charlie promised that the price hikes to the TurboHD packages (which were much bigger than the other packages) would be worth it because of the new HD coming soon. That seems to be pure BS now because they have new HD programming which they are intentionally not including it in the TurboHD packages.

What is going on? I am getting soo frustrated about this situation myself.

If this and several other issues are not resolved soon, I may just take that hit on cancelling before my comitment is complete.

Dish, wake up! I've gone from a total "TurboHD Gold is sweet!" to "TurboHD is sour and no sweet at all."

Between this, the pricing hike and continued local HD channel disputes, I'm getting ready to cancel. If I do, I'll never come back to this service. I give each provider two chances and this one is already the second chance.

I continue to be amazed by all the hoopla over one of the cable opinion networks - if you want news, you're probably already watching PBS. Oh, wait, virtually nobody has PBS HD LILs... oops! :D. :(

It's not about one network. It's about the way it was handled and how future situations will be handled. Listing it on the website, taking it down, creating confusion, no explanations, leaving TurboHD subscribers to wonder if they will be part of new channel launches. Regarding PBS, the only reason I'm with E* is because of the OTA tuner/dvr. If D* had an OTA tuner/dvr in one unit I would switch in a second.

Like many in this thread I emailed ceo at echostar to complain. If you haven't yet, I urge each of you all to do the same. It only takes a minute or so to make your point. Hopefully the squeeky wheel will get some grease. In some of the other threads CSRs mentioned getting a memo to see how many complaints they got on this issue. So bring them on!

Yup ... did that a month ago ... I urged them to keep the "turbo" in TurboHD as now it seems to be "ZeroHD". I actually did use "ZeroHD" for what it is worth ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts