FoxSport Channel Cleveland Region new channel next?

rhk said:
This is getting old. I want to stay with Voom but if we don't have FSN Ohio by Cavs season I'll go with cable. Are there any others that will consider moving off? Maybe as a group we can have some leverage.

Yah I am with you. Need my Bucky BB and Fox Sports net....even in sd...I just want it

Chicago RSN?

I currently have VOOM, but I still have Dish for my Fox Sportsnet.
They are playing radio commercials now for Comcast sportsnet, which is supposed to take over our regional spots on Oct. 1. Fox will be losing the local sports.

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/

I would do without the RSNs before I would get cable again.

Does anyone know anything about Chicago RSNs for VOOM or Dish? It would be my luck that the Cubs make it into the playoffs, then I miss half the games.......

Thanks.

I currently still have D* for fox sports ohio and for tivo. I'm going to be patient a while longer for V* to get their DVR out and for them to bump their bandwidth up with the new satellite space they leased and/or by adopting MPEG-4.

I like the idea that V*, when they get Fox Sports Ohio going is also planning to have the cavs games in HD. TNT-HD is also important as far as basketball goes. That's what got me to try out Voom in the first place and the NBA is just 41 days away now.

alandail said:
I currently still have D* for fox sports ohio and for tivo. I'm going to be patient a while longer for V* to get their DVR out and for them to bump their bandwidth up with the new satellite space they leased and/or by adopting MPEG-4.

I like the idea that V*, when they get Fox Sports Ohio going is also planning to have the cavs games in HD. TNT-HD is also important as far as basketball goes. That's what got me to try out Voom in the first place and the NBA is just 41 days away now.

Everything mentioned here is why I really want to stay with Voom. However, I'm not willing to pay for another programming provider - such as D* - in addition to the $110 a month for Voom - my choice I guess but at some time sanity has to creep in.

Voom has stated "When making decisions regarding the programming we carry, we look at three things -- customer demand for a channel, channel capacity availability and terms and conditions of the programming agreement with the content provider". If we are competing for channel capacity and demand is considered I would encourage those interested to e-mail - call - fax and communicate their interest in FSN Ohio - least we lose out to a bigger market. Hey - it got the Browns back - at least I think these are the Browns.

Why in the bloody blue blazes is Voom using up bandwidth on local and regional channels?

I thought Voom's stand all along had been that they were focused on delivering as much HD content as possible -- and that they'd only deliver as many cable channels as they could do without squeezing their HD channels. Since Voom doesn't have as much satellite bandwidth as the larger satellite providers, they didn't offer as many channels.

Which was cool, I was willing to put up with fewer SD channels, in exchange for more HD stuff. But now a bunch of people are getting local/regionals over Voom while we still have a considerably smaller selection of cable channels?

What gives? Are we gonna have 10mb/s HD 'n re-broadcast of local network affiliates next? A hundred different college football PPV channels every Saturday, making the PQ on *every* channel drop through the floor?

You forgot two things.

1- Only RSN are FSN Fl-HD (activate today) FSN CLVD-HD (Not yet activate).
2- MPEG4 or new 72 degree satellite will allow them to get more HD/SD channels so bandwith will not be a limitation as either or both solutions are put in place.

Does anyone know when this new satellite will be in service?

rhk said:
Does anyone know when this new satellite will be in service?
Most likely Q1'2005, although some limited testing may begin this year.

ok - the cavs games start Nov 3rd. Any chance they'll actually add the channel now - there hasn't been a lot of point in adding it until now. My account still says:

FSNCLV: Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)