Free 722 deal is back (new customers)

tastim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Just got a new flyer today... I'm guessing charging new customers for 722's wasn't going over well and the 722 HD DVR for free deal is back in effect :)

dishbuilder at dishnetwork.com still shows 50.00 upgrade charge. does the ad actually say free 722? or does it just say free hd dvr upgrade, and have a picture somewhere on the ad of a 722. the one i get now and then in the mail says free hd-dvr upgrade, shows a picture of a 722, but the free part only applys to a 612. no different then the cell phone add that says "free cell phone", has picture of a of the newest dingleberry pda phone, and the small disclosure about which phone is actually free.

dishbuilder at dishnetwork.com still shows 50.00 upgrade charge. does the ad actually say free 722? or does it just say free hd dvr upgrade, and have a picture somewhere on the ad of a 722. the one i get now and then in the mail says free hd-dvr upgrade, shows a picture of a 722, but the free part only applys to a 612. no different then the cell phone add that says "free cell phone", has picture of a of the newest dingleberry pda phone, and the small disclosure about which phone is actually free.

It does not specify, however inside the same bubble that says Free HD DVR Upgrade, there is a picture of a 722, with the model number clearly visible.

Does not make sense that they would force a 612 on you, since you can get 4 room installation for free... that would then require 3 receivers, which HAS to be less cost effective for Dish...

Free DVR upgrade is also touted on Dish's TV commercials, however, the free DVR was the 612 or 622; the 722 was an upgrade. So the question is this: Is the 722 now free?

You have never talked to a Dish csr have you??:D

my advise was to call the number on the flyer. i have a flyer right now on my desk, it shows a picture of a 722 and says right above it, free hd-dvr upgrade. however, when reading the fine print, it does state that leased receiver fee upgrades may apply to receiver based upon model. number on the flyer will not take you to a dish csr. it will take you to a mydishnow csr at a phonenumber different then dishes 1-800-333-3474. you can view the ad i am looking at www . mydishnow. com

claude's website, dishstore.net, has a great reciever conifugration page that shows all receiver conifuration options and upgrade costs. no configurations here allowed a free 722 reciever, and if there was a promo that had it,i can bet he would be offering it.

btw claude, your website is set up great. its very simple, not confusing, and discloses everything. the picture diagrams for your receivers configuration page is awesome, it can make anyone understand dishes dual tuners.

If you can get a 622 for free, there is at least a 50% chance you will get a 722 instead. I ALWAYS install 722s when my Work Orders call for a 622. It is interchangeable via the automated receiver activation line for technicians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)