Free DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I got the new dvr installed and all is working. The software on it is 3.1. It took over an hour to get activated for the lack of knowledge by the CSR. Not his fault, but he should have listened to me. Three times I told him to ask his supervisor about the promo he didn't know about.

But the unit itself is nice and I love the peanut remote.

my acct now shows "livingRoom: HNS" after ordering the free DVR, what does that mean?

scrotus said:
Well, I got the new dvr installed and all is working. The software on it is 3.1. It took over an hour to get activated for the lack of knowledge by the CSR. Not his fault, but he should have listened to me. Three times I told him to ask his supervisor about the promo he didn't know about.

But the unit itself is nice and I love the peanut remote.
You should soon get the 6.2 software that will make it run quite a bit faster and will also have folders. :)

tmbstone said:
my acct now shows "livingRoom: HNS" after ordering the free DVR, what does that mean?

That should just be the location of where the dvr will be. For me, they put in bedroom. It can be changed.

Oh here's a tip. They will ask you for the Receiver ID# or serial. Now, on newer receivers, there's a sticker on the back with a 12 digit number (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx), but on older receivers like the one I got, it did not have this sticker. In my case, the CSR just put the location of the receiver in that part of their system. Looking for that number cost me about 15 minutes of telling the guy there is no sticker. Hope that helps.

Regarding the software version, my R10 is still on 6.1. So, 6.2 had some really cool stuff like Tivo to go. Is that still the case with DTV Tivos?

scrotus said:
That should just be the location of where the dvr will be. For me, they put in bedroom. It can be changed.

Oh here's a tip. They will ask you for the Receiver ID# or serial. Now, on newer receivers, there's a sticker on the back with a 12 digit number (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx), but on older receivers like the one I got, it did not have this sticker. In my case, the CSR just put the location of the receiver in that part of their system. Looking for that number cost me about 15 minutes of telling the guy there is no sticker. Hope that helps.

Regarding the software version, my R10 is still on 6.1. So, 6.2 had some really cool stuff like Tivo to go. Is that still the case with DTV Tivos?
The R10 will never get the 6.2 the 6.1 is supposed to be the equivalent for the R10.

scrotus said:

So is there any significance to HNS? Also how long does it take for shipping info to show up?

Last edited:
tmbstone said:
So is there any significance to HNS? Also how long does it take for shipping info to show up?

I never checked the tracking info. I ordered on Thursday and it would have gotten here on Monday but they didn't have my suite number. So, it's fairly fast. You have to choose an install date, so choose the earliest one if you are installing yourself and then cancel the work order once you activate it. That way, they have to ship it quickly to get there before the install date.

I just ordered mine yesterday. But they didn't give me any fedex info. Even when I looked on the website it said that info was unavailable. Normal?

I didn't get any fedex info either. THe receiver just appeared (delivered by fedex) two days before the install!

posstefmikala said:
I just ordered mine yesterday. But they didn't give me any fedex info. Even when I looked on the website it said that info was unavailable. Normal?

I ordered DVR4ME on 2/20 PM and received a Phillips DSR-7000 on the 23rd! I already have an R-10 that I like and understand. I haven't searched yet to see exactly what the DSR-7000 is and what it can do.

I recently purchased an R-10 and planned to activate it until I read the posts about the DVR4ME special. I didn't want the 2 yr. commitment. I need another line run in the bedroom(where I have a standard receiver) so I think I'll keep the new DSR-7000 and see what the installer brings with him. With 2 dual tuner dvrs do I need a multi-switch installed? I plan to have a 3rd dvr activated within the next year.

Thanks for the suggestions.

What kind of dish do you have now (trible lnb - the oval one, or the old round one, or the new at9 dish - the big one!) - if you have the at9 or oval one - there are 4 lines built into it - so you could hook up 4 tuners (2 dvr /w 2 tuners each) or 4, 1 tuner recievers - any more than that, then a multiswitch is needed.. If you have the old round dish, with a duel lnb, then a multiswitch is needed if you want to use more than 2 tuners.

hope that helps..

jim

cindycrane said:
I ordered DVR4ME on 2/20 PM and received a Phillips DSR-7000 on the 23rd! I already have an R-10 that I like and understand. I haven't searched yet to see exactly what the DSR-7000 is and what it can do.

I recently purchased an R-10 and planned to activate it until I read the posts about the DVR4ME special. I didn't want the 2 yr. commitment. I need another line run in the bedroom(where I have a standard receiver) so I think I'll keep the new DSR-7000 and see what the installer brings with him. With 2 dual tuner dvrs do I need a multi-switch installed? I plan to have a 3rd dvr activated within the next year.

Thanks for the suggestions.

My DSR7000 is still sitting on firmware 3.1. Is there any way to force it to update? It says it has made some service calls already. Do I need to call DTV to get them to blast it to me? Also, does it download the firmware via phone line or satellite?

Question: I just got the DSR7000. I can call and activate it, but will only have one line until installer gets here in a couple weeks to add a multiswitch, Should I activate now and just run the one line or do I wait to see if installer will bring R15 possibly? I really dont want to buy a multiswitch when they will install one for free with the install. Suggestions???

tmbstone said:
Question: I just got the DSR7000. I can call and activate it, but will only have one line until installer gets here in a couple weeks to add a multiswitch, Should I activate now and just run the one line or do I wait to see if installer will bring R15 possibly? I really dont want to buy a multiswitch when they will install one for free with the install. Suggestions???

I just waited for them to come and install, that way, if they DID bring a receiver with them, I would have them activate THAT one! Unfortunately, they didn't bring one. If you're not wanting to wait and see if you get a second one from the installer, go ahead and run it with one tuner. I also have the DSR7000, and it's a good unit, after the 6.2 upgrade.

Has anyone tried to use the DVR4ME code more than once? I wouldn't mind having a second DVR at that price!

I tried and it let me go all the way to where I put my credit card info. I backed up though but I'm quite sure that it would have let me do that as I'm sure they're trying to get rid of as many refurbs as possible!

jporter12 said:
Has anyone tried to use the DVR4ME code more than once? I wouldn't mind having a second DVR at that price!

I activated my "free" DVR a couple of weeks ago. I just check my account today and is still has "No annual commitment", yet I received a postcard from DirecTV saying that I'm now under a 2 year commitment. What gives? Is this just a standard postcard sent to everyone that gets a DVR? I'm keeping an eye on my account, just in case they try to stick me with a commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)