Free Genie Upgrade 24 hrs later

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kbhouser

Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
San Jose, CA
One of my HR-22 boxes could not see the internet nor each others in MRV. I tried every kind of reset, called tech support and they walked me through a couple more. They decided it was time for a site visit. When M showed up, he switched boxes and found the same issue on the new HR-24 he swapped in. We concluded the problem was in my network.

You see I have the low tech no DECA

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The title says Free Genie Upgrade 24 hrs later. What happened?

Now 48 hours later

Yes...this is a Genie story. I ran out of battery on my tablet when I posted the above, so anyway...........

My network was a low-tech 100 base-t with a cheap netgear router, connected to a motorola docsis 3 modem. So when I was told I could get a free Genie upgrade, including the DECA hardware, I had him schedule it for the next day.

He did all the hookups, and things looked great. THe only problem was I was having connection issues from my desktop PC too. I would be dropped every few mintues.:eek:I decided to replace the router, and then the Genie couldn't see the play list on the other HR-22. It would show up, freeze, disappear, try to play, freeze, play, etc. This is what I used to see when I had my two receivers on a private wifi subnet.

That is when I researched other Genie reports and found I was not alone.

I asked myself, "I added 2 years to my contract for this?:confused:"

48 Hours later, I am a happy camper. :D I called DTV again, and they had me reset the HR-22 network stuff, which I thought I did, but it had a static IP which was cleared and then the network works, and the play lists are shared!

OK, I am a happy Genie customer again.

(Knock on wood.)

Brad Houser

Yes...this is a Genie story. I ran out of battery on my tablet when I posted the above, so anyway...........

My network was a low-tech 100 base-t with a cheap netgear router, connected to a motorola docsis 3 modem. So when I was told I could get a free Genie upgrade, including the DECA hardware, I had him schedule it for the next day.

He did all the hookups, and things looked great. THe only problem was I was having connection issues from my desktop PC too. I would be dropped every few mintues.:eek:I decided to replace the router, and then the Genie couldn't see the play list on the other HR-22. It would show up, freeze, disappear, try to play, freeze, play, etc. This is what I used to see when I had my two receivers on a private wifi subnet.

That is when I researched other Genie reports and found I was not alone.

I asked myself, "I added 2 years to my contract for this?:confused:"

48 Hours later, I am a happy camper. :D I called DTV again, and they had me reset the HR-22 network stuff, which I thought I did, but it had a static IP which was cleared and then the network works, and the play lists are shared!

OK, I am a happy Genie customer again.

(Knock on wood.)

Brad Houser

Sounds like your network caused some conflicts. Restore defaults and rbr (s) are your best friends in situations like this. Glad you got it figured out.

I give all devices on my network a dedicated IP, and usually these types of problems go away when you do this, perhaps your HR-22 was set for a dedicated IP which it didn't have in reality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts