• Got FREE HD for less than 2 years

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • No Dice.

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just finished my first year of service today, and my new (more expensive) bill comes out tomorrow. I called DirecTv about Free HD access, and after checking I had autopay, they gave it to with no problems.

That will certainly help take some of the sting out of this upcoming bill. :)

Thanks for all the tips everyone. I called today and got a 2yr Free HD credit when I informed DirecTV I was already signed up for Auto Bill Pay via DirecTV. I expect to see the credit on my bill starting next month.

Nice info all.
I am going to call DirecTV tomorrow to see if they still doing it for existing customers.

Thanks for the advice all.
Representative told me that she could do $15 off for 6 months and $5 for 3 months.
So for the first 3 months its $20 off and the other 3 months its $15 off.
I also got $10 off with the HD Access with auto pay.
Thats $30 in savings for 3 months = $90
Then its $25 in savings for the other 3 months = $75.
Thats a total of $165 in savings..
The $10 credit is permanent (I think) as long as I keep the premier package.
I was very polite to the representative, I did ask how her day ways, asked how the weather was in her area....
The service level was A+.
I work in the customer service area, and I have to do this every day to get 100% satisfaction.
Going an extra mile for your customer does really help you and your customer.
Before we hung up, she said she would make sure everything was done properly and wanted to check so see if the credits were applied correctly.
I did not tell her to do something, I simply asked her if there were any current promotions available for current customers.
Wow!

Free HD glitch

I've been on the free HD for 11 months, now suddenly the credit is gone from my bill. I called and they think it's a glitch, and issued me a $10 credit manually.

Status
Please reply by conversation.