• Got FREE HD for less than 2 years

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • No Dice.

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
well I called CR and now they told me that I need to upgrade to higher package to get the credit..I'm currently with spanish optimo mas, I would thing about it

Got the 24 mo credit by asking when I called about a break on Sunday Ticket. Got Showtime for 3 mos as well.

Does anyone know if existing customers can still get the discount? I just called to get it, and the CS rep basically blew me off.

Does anyone know if existing customers can still get the discount? I just called to get it, and the CS rep basically blew me off.

You guys need to learn how to be persistent and a little more hard.

If the CSR you get a hold of says no then tell them Dish Network will give it to you.
If they say they can't approve it, then tell them to get you somebody that can.

I mean be reasonable in your request, but when they are offering free HD for life to all new customers, it is reasonable for you to ask for it especially if you are out of contract.

Both E* and D* do more to get a new customer then they will do to keep a 10 year customer that has never had an upgrade and pays their bill on time every month.
I mean seriously, how F'ed up is that?

Actually, when she told me the only thing she had was a "$5 off for 3 months with the base package, did I want to switch to that?" (uh, no), I said I was thinking of switching to FIOS (which I am, since I'm getting their phone/internet, but really have no interest in making the switch to their TV) I'm not sure she even heard me, as she told me to call back some other time.

I'll call back tomorrow, got busy after I hung up with her.

Are you on auto pay? That is the requirement.

If you are call back and nicely explain that you read if you have auto pay they will credit the $10 HD access fee. Should have no issues

If the CSR you get a hold of says no then tell them Dish Network will give it to you.

I mean be reasonable in your request, but when they are offering free HD for life to all new customers, it is reasonable for you to ask for it especially if you are out of contract.

Both E* and D* do more to get a new customer then they will do to keep a 10 year customer that has never had an upgrade and pays their bill on time every month.

Please stop giving advice on how to deal with customer service you do more harm then good.

Here are the current requirements for Free HD for 24 months if you dont meet them you dont get the promotion as it simply wont be there.

1. Autopay or have joint billing with VZN/QWEST/Frontier/Other Telco provider as in DTV charges so up on your phonebill and not a separate bill from us.

2. Been a customer for at least 1 year.

3. Are currently not receiving another discount aka if your getting free dvr or 10 off your bill or something similar the answer is no. System wont allow agents to put it on.

4. Dont threaten Dish it does you no go and only puts the agent on the defensive. Also we hear it so much we come numb to it. I know too many agents who have to deal with customers who say that over and over and still 5 years later are with directv. If you have a legit concern share it but if your going to just threaten to switch you wont get much.

4. Dont threaten Dish it does you no go and only puts the agent on the defensive. Also we hear it so much we come numb to it. I know too many agents who have to deal with customers who say that over and over and still 5 years later are with directv. If you have a legit concern share it but if your going to just threaten to switch you wont get much.
Just wanted to add to this.

Directv Retention Department is far from stupid, meaning don't think for a second they don't know what Dish Network is offering , Because they DO!
So if you feel a like handing out threats, don't Lye about what Dish will really offer you. Because it won't work!
Keep it honest!

Please stop giving advice on how to deal with customer service you do more harm then good.

Funny, these practices seem to work for me and it is what I repeatedly hear that customers had to do themselves.

You don't know how many times I heard customers tell me they called and were told they would have to pay X for an upgrade so when they said they would cancel, then D* bent over backwards. Maybe these tactics don't work with you but you are Stonecold.

I have been on several of these phone calls for customers too where they are not getting what promised and have to use these tactics just to get the job in.

So, when customer service stops lying/screwing up/not delivering what they promise.
And when they stop making long term customers pull these tactics to get a small break to get an upgrade, I guess I will then stop telling people to do this.

(Again, I will say that Dish and every other company plays the same game. You just have to play harder.)

Directv Retention Department is far from stupid, meaning don't think for a second they don't know what Dish Network is offering , Because they DO!
So if you feel a like handing out threats, don't Lye about what Dish will really offer you. Because it won't work!
Keep it honest!

Agree and I never told anyone to lie.

Keep it honest!

I can say that we do keep on top of dish just like they do us. we keep track of all promotion going on by them in every corner of the country and we know just for that reason and it just not retentions who has that information it available to every agent out there.

Actually, persistence is good, but being "hard" with a complete stranger is a terrible approach when trying to get them to give you something for nothing.

In my experience in dealing with D* your best avenue of approach is to be clear in what you want, but also be kind and polite in the way you go about asking for it.
Personally, I like to take a few seconds to talk to the rep, ask how their day was (by name), a general area where they are located (if I have been there, we discuss that for a second), how the weather is, ect, BEFORE I ever get into the reason that I called. I would say that 99% of the times that I have called and used that approach, that I have hung up the phone happy with the results of the conversation.

When you call, raise hell, and threaten to leave, it puts them on the defensive. Not saying that wont work for some reps that you talk to, but I am sure that it wont work with most.

Actually, persistence is good, but being "hard" with a complete stranger is a terrible approach when trying to get them to give you something for nothing.

In my experience in dealing with D* your best avenue of approach is to be clear in what you want, but also be kind and polite in the way you go about asking for it.
Personally, I like to take a few seconds to talk to the rep, ask how their day was (by name), a general area where they are located (if I have been there, we discuss that for a second), how the weather is, ect, BEFORE I ever get into the reason that I called. I would say that 99% of the times that I have called and used that approach, that I have hung up the phone happy with the results of the conversation.

When you call, raise hell, and threaten to leave, it puts them on the defensive. Not saying that wont work for some reps that you talk to, but I am sure that it wont work with most.

You get the gold star today! :)

Attention Directv Customers if you want to learn how to get the most out of your service read the qouted text above.

I agree! If you call and be polite you seem to get good results. I know I have when I called :)

I agree! If you call and be polite you seem to get good results. I know I have when I called :)

I agree as well, you would think it would make common sense but for some I guess the need to scream for what they think should be "free" is the way to go

Are you on auto pay? That is the requirement.

If you are call back and nicely explain that you read if you have auto pay they will credit the $10 HD access fee. Should have no issues
It was as simple as this...got the discount, thanks.

Though while asking about the whole room DVR service, I was disappointed it'd cost $200 to upgrade to it, even though my receivers themselves are adequate. Oh well, that'll be something for another day.

cool. Thats all I did when I called to upgrade to HD. Politely mentioned it and the rep said she couldnt add it until HD was actually on the account. After the installer left I called in and again explained to the rep who added it right away :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)