• Got FREE HD for less than 2 years

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • No Dice.

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have Plat. pack for 31 months & 7 receivers. Sent an email to CS asking for the 2 yr free HD. Received a reply that started off as a D* sales pitch, then went into a E* comparison. 3rd paragraph stated that "since HD was important to me", I could call and see if I qualified for the freebie!

I replied and informed them I did not ask for a sales pitch or Dish matchup but in fact was asking for the HD offer which I was aware was available. I continued that an email to CS was an acceptable CS contact method as described on the website and as a 2+ year customer spending over $150 per month, I should easily qualify.

A different CSR replied, stated my email would be forward on up in case any improvements could be made to the system. He continued that I did in fact qualify and would activate the 2yr free HD offer. He then closed with the standard thanks/value customer tag.

I logged onto my account and already had the discount applied to my account under the recent activity tab. ($11.38 with tax)

So.... one blew me off but a 2nd one fixed me right up. It seems that CSR roulette is alive and well.

As someone stated above, 2 years may be plenty since HD should be the norm by then and should not have an added charge anymore.

no dice for me...YET

called D* and the guy was real nice. Said I could get 24 months free HD and would talk about HD upgrades BUT

since I go through Qwest (bundled offer) I can't get the offer.

so I guess next phone call is "uh Qwest...move my account back to D* please" :D

cripes....so my account is finally back to D* and I call today to see what they can do.
$99 for a HD receiver (no DVR) and $49 to install the dish...ugh! so $150 to upgrade...on the positive my R22 would be turned into a HD receiver and I could probably use that instead...told him I'd think about it

Then the fun begins...he asked me about my internet. I explained I had Qwest and then explained the whole bundling thing and how I had to move it back to D* to get the free HD

I was informed that because my account was through Qwest I AUTOMATICALLY qualified (plus get the $5 discount) since the D* account is on "auto pay" because it gets shipped to Qwest. And get this, I dont have to be on auto pay with Qwest to get the free HD for 24 months.

So is that right.....$150 to upgrade? When I signed up all I got was a R15 which I promptly shipped back and got a R22 off EBay

Hey Ice, that strange. I wonder if they grade you on the package you sub to and offer freebies by that? They offered me a free HD DVR when I called and I had gotten a free one 2 years ago. I get Choice Plus HD DVR.

So I found out my credit will not be given...
I got an email Friday saying that autopay was not setup on my account so I would lose my credit for HD Access. That's funny, I gave them my credit numbers twice when I called about the credit a week and a half ago. So I called today and they can't seem to get my credit card to "stick" into their system. So it appears for now I will not be getting the credit after all.

It was a bear getting to an agent and out of the automated response system, but once I got there I had no problem getting the free HD for 24 months offer.

I found out that when the voice response system prompts you for why you are calling, and if you say, "Free HD" then you are sent to technical support.

Just got free HD for 2 years.

I was on the Choice Plus xtra (Choice extra + HD + DVR) for $79.99

They said I needed to change the package to the unbundled which would cause my DVR fee to go up $1.00 from $6 to $7.

So it would be $80.99 - $10 = $70.99.

So saving $9.00 for the next 24 months.

And I also verified that it does not extend my contract.

Was at my Grandpa's house yesterday helping him fix some computer issues. While I was there I decided to call DirecTV and ask for free HD for him, since he was already paying for it. They gave him free HD for 24 months and free HBO for 3 months

HD Free For Life for Current Subscribers

I`ve been a DTV subscriber for almost 10 years and a HD subscriber for 5 years. What is DirecTV offering current long time subscribers or are the "new" customers the only ones benefiting from this deal? Is it necessary to negotiate with a CSR or has a blanket program been initiated??

Last edited:
called today was able to get free hd for 12 months
PLUS HD DVR - 12moFreeHDExist
that was the credit posted on bill, lets see what happens in 12 months

free hd

well, i finally made the call to DTV about getting free HD. i currently pay the 10.00 a month fee, and figured it could not hurt to ask. i was fully prepared to sign up for auto pay, but it never came up! i asked the CSR about getting the HD for free and she said she saw i am a long standing good customer and would have to place me on hold to see what she could do. 2-3 minutes later, she comes back and says ok you have free HD for 12 months, and don't evne have to sign up for autopay! i'll take that deal, cause i figure by the end of 12 months they either will be offering it free anyway or worst case is i ask again.

so, make the call folks. don't just go by what you read, call and see what they will do.

Good to hear but...

I had auto-pay already (to a credit card) and asked about freeHD for current customers and received the 24 month $10 discount. Not sure why some get 12 and others get 24. I've been with them 2-1/2 years and am out-of-contract w/7 receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)