Free HD Access for EXISTING customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Did you get FREE HD?

• Got FREE HD for 2 years (or longer)

Votes: 98 54.7%
  • Got FREE HD for less than 2 years

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • No Dice.

Votes: 63 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like there are 3 requirements. (1)-Not currently getting free HD service, (2)- Must sign up for auto pay, (3)- Must have a minimum Choice Extra Package

Got mine with no problem plus a few other extras throw in like Sunday ticket with HD at a good price

Well thats 2 strikes against me.
1. A minimum of Choice Extra is a sticking point, I'm grandfathered in to the TC+ and don't see a need to change.

2. Need to go to Auto Pay .... they won't do that with me , I already pay them once a year, they would not give me the discount for using your credit card either , you got like $ 5 if you did. Seeing I pay all at once I miss out on that one too.

I read in the DBS that several with grandfathered packs were getting the 24 month deal also. Not sure what package they had.

Well thats 2 strikes against me.
1. A minimum of Choice Extra is a sticking point, I'm grandfathered in to the TC+ and don't see a need to change.
Don't need to. I have TC+ as well and they gave it too me without changing my package. TC+ subs get the same deals as Choice Extra. They just don't say it since that package no longer exist.
2. Need to go to Auto Pay .... they won't do that with me , I already pay them once a year, they would not give me the discount for using your credit card either , you got like $ 5 if you did. Seeing I pay all at once I miss out on that one too.
I did not realize you can pay annually...

I read in the DBS that several with grandfathered packs were getting the 24 month deal also. Not sure what package they had.
Yep...I did

Attachments

• Package.png
    Package.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 278
I tried but no dice

Update I called a second time for the heck of it and got it for 24 months

Last edited:
Don't need to. I have TC+ as well and they gave it too me without changing my package. TC+ subs get the same deals as Choice Extra. They just don't say it since that package no longer exist.
I did not realize you can pay annually...

This is good news, I figured they would exclude those with grandfathered packages.

I guess I'm late to this party. Have you guys been calling and getting free HD access for a while now (ie, the last year or so)? I'll give this a try on Monday. I've not previously called for any credits until last year for a ST price break.

I guess I'm late to this party. Have you guys been calling and getting free HD access for a while now (ie, the last year or so)? I'll give this a try on Monday. I've not previously called for any credits until last year for a ST price break.

Nope, the Free HD thing just started the other day.
It's currently for new subs, but some are trying as well.

Looks like there are 3 requirements. (1)-Not currently getting free HD service, (2)- Must sign up for auto pay, (3)- Must have a minimum Choice Extra Package

Got mine with no problem plus a few other extras throw in like Sunday ticket with HD at a good price

I wonder if I could get this deal.

1. I dont have HD at all
2. I have auto pay but through my Telco
3. got that

hmmm.....only been a customer for 4 months though

1. I dont have HD at all
3. got that

You can still get it. But Iceberg you will need to get HD receiver and TV if you don't have them yet. Direct will lease the receiver. Hd is great once you go there you won't go back.

I have a HDTV...had one for a couple years now

The reciever I dont have...I have just a R22 that I bought/leased/whatever they call it. Bought it on Ebay for $50 and it was NIB. Activated that and returned the R15 tehy gave me when I started.

I have had HD before on Shaw Direct and I get tons of HD sports on free to air. In fact last night's Minnesota/Cal St Fullerton college baseball game looked fabulous on the FTA setup in ESPN-U HD :)

When ya'll are calling are you talking to customer service or retensions? I want to keep TC+ and get the deal.

Perhaps I should call back?

1. I dont have HD at all
3. got that

Ice, if this helps I have only been a customer for a month (but I was prevously one for about seven years before I switched briefly)

Plus I know your a fan of MLBTV, In HD...it is just that much better

I have a HDTV...had one for a couple years now

The reciever I dont have...I have just a R22 that I bought/leased/whatever they call it. Bought it on Ebay for $50 and it was NIB. Activated that and returned the R15 tehy gave me when I started.

I have had HD before on Shaw Direct and I get tons of HD sports on free to air. In fact last night's Minnesota/Cal St Fullerton college baseball game looked fabulous on the FTA setup in ESPN-U HD :)

Got ya, I started out with a 10' paraclipse (spelling) around 1990. It was great when the airways were free. I ended up going with a small dish after I moved and sold the dish with the home.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts