Free Period Extended through April?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Just too a look at my online bill and it looks like the free period was extended through April...

STATEMENT SUMMARY
Payment Due By Apr 19, 2004
Previous Balance ($300.00)
Payments $0.00
Adjustments $0.00
Outstanding Balance ($300.00)
New Charges (including taxes) $0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Balance ($300.00)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STATEMENT DETAILS
Previous Balance
Previous Balance ($300.00)
Outstanding Balance
Outstanding Balance ($300.00)
NEW CHARGES
Monthly Charges
03/25 - 04/24/04 Adult PPV Authorization $0.00
03/25 - 04/24/04 1 additional Adult PPV Authorization @ $0.00 $0.00
03/25 - 04/24/04 FREMULT $0.00
03/25 - 04/24/04 FREPREM $0.00
03/25 - 04/24/04 1 additional FREPREM @ $0.00 $0.00
03/25 - 04/24/04 FREVOOM $0.00
03/25 - 04/24/04 1 additional FREVOOM @ $0.00 $0.00
03/25 - 04/24/04 General PPV Authorization $0.00
03/25 - 04/24/04 1 additional General PPV Authorization @ $0.00 $0.00
Total New Charges (including taxes) $0.00

Total New Balance ($300.00)

You have a Credit Balance. Make noPayment This Period.

Sean,

Do you know it that would also mean that us early adopters have until then to switch to the lease option or would we need to do that by the 31st of this month? After all the talk about the lease I am leaning that way as I only have one receiver.

Rick

MBG ends on 4/30. So, you have the option until 4/30 to change to lease program. This is what I would do now that the period has been extended.

Here's mine.

STATEMENT SUMMARY

Payment Due By
Mar 27, 2004

Previous Balance
$0.00

Payments
$0.00

Adjustments
($300.00)

Outstanding Balance
($300.00)

New Charges (including taxes)
$0.00

New Balance
($300.00)

STATEMENT DETAILS

Previous Balance

Previous Balance
$0.00

Adjustments

02/23/04
($300.00)

Outstanding Balance

Outstanding Balance
($300.00)

NEW CHARGES

Monthly Charges

03/02 - 04/01/04
Adult PPV Authorization
$0.00

03/02 - 04/01/04
FREPREM
$0.00

03/02 - 04/01/04
FREVOOM
$0.00

03/02 - 04/01/04
General PPV Authorization
$0.00

Total New Charges (including taxes)
$0.00

Total New Balance
($300.00)

Ok, I am trying to find whether this is true or not. There was a guy at avs who tried to cancel and was told that free period was extended plus that my bill said $0 through 4/24. I am putting a question mark until I can confirm this.

Called Voom today and was told that the call floor had not been told about any extension of free programming. She instructed me to call late in the day on Monday to find out the scoop on this rumor. I am planning on switching to a lease from "Charter Member" on 04/01 and do not want to do this obviously if I am going to be given another month of free prog. Very important extension if true. WHAT'S THE STORY VOOM!!!??????

I e-mailed Voom about online account information. My summary says 2 receivers, but I only have 1. And I asked about whether or not Voom was going to contact customers about package options. Here's the reply:

Response (David) - 03/28/2004 10:42 PM
Thank you for subscribing to VOOM.
Rest assured that your online account is not what determines how you are charged.
We are in the process of updating our account software and some online accounts
have incorrect information in them. We are also calling all our charter members
in an attempt to get your programming set for after your free view. The download
is being done in batches until all our subscribers have been upgraded. If you have
any further questions please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank
you for subscribing to VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

Jerimiah D. Weekly
VOOM Customer Care

My current billing cycle runs through 4/2, so there are a few days left.

This been confirm? I'am not sure which option to pick yet.

Sean Mota said:
It does not look promising. I should get the definite answer tonight at the chat...
Sean,
Did you confirm this?
My online account has been changed to a monthly fee of $102.62. But is not clear from which date.

tytxy, That might be your payment for one month in advance billing, I am also looking for a answer if it has been extended.

Just got off the phone with voom and they said free offer ends 4/1.
I'm a charter member and bummed out to say I have canceled I think one more month could have made a big difference only because to give them a little more time to add the channels I think we are most looking for.

gunn55 said:
tytxy, That might be your payment for one month in advance billing, I am also looking for a answer if it has been extended.
I also sent an e-mail to the customer support and got an automatic reply which states: "Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us
within 24 hours."
I am skeptical they will, since I have never received e-mail from V* regarding to my previous inquires. I even did not get those of bulk messages they mistakenly sent to non-charter members.

Free programming ends midnight tonight but MBG ends...

at the end of April. Or so I was told by a CSR last night. Being a charter member decided it was time to find out about what package we would be getting not yet having received any email or a phone call as some of you have reported. Got that set up and said that I was calling then as figured today would be very busy for the CSRs and he told me they were expecting a bunch of calls from people to get their program packages set up before the end of March. He also said not to worry about the service (besides the software issues we still have some OTA issues) as we still had until the end of April for our MBG.

Still enjoying HDTV under cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

Just tried to call voom. After holding for 20 minutes, a csr asked me to leave name and phone number. She said, someone would call me back later because they had "technical difficulty" ! :)

I just got a call from the Voom customer service to pick package even though I locked it in two days ago. No extended free viewing but be mindfull of the "MBG"

A csr called back, very politely reminded me that the free period is over and my choice are ... We talked and set up my package.
This is the first time I get a call. Hope they will improve customer service. I really wish voom to success.

I was told that if you don't pick a package, it will default to the Voom package, which I assume is the $40 package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)