Free Preview of NASCAR HotPass This Sunday

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yep hotpass sucks.. everyone has taken all the words right out of my mouth.. the Commercials, the commentary , I can't listen to the "Scanner" part of it without those idiots babbling over it. This is nothing like what NASCAR INcar was over on cable.

I'm glad I called and got my 79 bucks back before the season started. This package sucks big time.

Sorry I didn't do that. Even though it's free to everyone today I called and tried to cancel, no luck. Even said cancel, keep the 1/2 payment and don't charge for the 2nd half, no can do. What a waste in it's current form!:mad:

I called and tried to cancel too. God we really got robbed with this one didn't we?

by the way, i figure now i didnt have the equipment to receive the package

3 lnb dish, h10 receiver. i would like to know what the equip req were

i called csr and told them that i was disappointed that they couldn make it happen. its still not on! i am a "preferred customer too". been watching nascar for 35 years, wanted to see this before i bought it. potential customer lost

I am very glad they put this Free Preview on, because I had considered it, but not now.

IF they had decided to have a audio toggle so you could have the race audio and the race in the larger screen, I could accept it.

Jimbo

first, i had no problems watching on my h10. second, i actually liked parts better than indemand. but those freakin commercials. other than trying to hit mute on the remote, which i thought about but didn't do...it about drove me nuts!!

Every other sports subscription has commercials, IIRC, so what makes this any different?

Every other sports subscription has commercials, IIRC, so what makes this any different?

because Hotpass isn't purchasing a Sporting Event, unlike the other packages.. I still get to see every race without it. having a full screen to flip over too without the commercial could of made the package worthwhile alone.

I agree with Tony above; this is different because all they are doing is tapping into the usual other feeds they have at their disposal in the engineering truck/production board and we normally only get one shot at a time. They could easily provide all the options mentioned before me, and with or with out audio and commercials.

by the way, i figure now i didnt have the equipment to receive the package

3 lnb dish, h10 receiver. i would like to know what the equip req were

I've got the same equipment. I ordered Hotpass for $80. It wasn't working at the start of the show. While I was on hold to tech support I went to my bedroom TV and it was on! Rebooted the H10 and it showed up. Also noticed that by hitting menu and audio options, I could listen to the Earnhart channel sound or the Fox sound at the push of a button. Pretty cool. Found I was watching more on Channel 799 than I was on Fox even though it was low def. All in all, a very positive experience. I'm satisfied with my $2 per race investment. Looking forward to next week.

I suspect that the negative comments on this thread are by people who are not big Nascar fans. For them, the Fox broadcast is enough.

I've got the same equipment. I ordered Hotpass for $80. It wasn't working at the start of the show. While I was on hold to tech support I went to my bedroom TV and it was on! Rebooted the H10 and it showed up. Also noticed that by hitting menu and audio options, I could listen to the Earnhart channel sound or the Fox sound at the push of a button. Pretty cool. Found I was watching more on Channel 799 than I was on Fox even though it was low def. All in all, a very positive experience. I'm satisfied with my $2 per race investment. Looking forward to next week.

I suspect that the negative comments on this thread are by people who are not big Nascar fans. For them, the Fox broadcast is enough.

I am a Nascar fan , but also felt that this should be commercial free.
They could have made it so the race was on 50/50 split screen and gave you the option to continue listening to the race instead of the commercials

Jimbo

Had my brother over for race and he was asking about HotPass. "Since I have Dish, we're out of luck". Glad to see we didn't miss much. I agree. If I'm paying for it, should be commercial free.

Wow I am glad I did not order this. I watched it for a short time and then went back to Fox. What I could not statand was that person that was talking and it being in SD. The picture was so crapy. I could not take the picture quality at all. I just do not get this package at all. Give me that in HD and give me the feel of when I am at the track with my scanner and then I might go to it. I am a huge NASCAR fan and this just not do it for me. I was just expecting a lot more out of this. I guess I wanted to much.

For starters, it would have to be in HD. The announcers talk too much and trample all over the in car radio. For a premium service that cost's 100 bucks, the race video should be on all the time. I think they turned off the in car audio also, during commercials. Also my red button did nothing. Would take a lot of changes to get my money.

We likely need to merge to two competing Hotpass threads as the same stuff is being bantered about.

They did in advance and continue to tell users that only selected models will work 110% for all advanced interactive features.

Q: Do I need any special DIRECTV equipment to watch NASCAR HotPass?

A: No. All DIRECTV receivers allow you to view NASCAR HotPass channels. However, some additional interactive features may be included in the package, which will require an interactive receiver to use those added features. The D10, D11, HR20, R15 models are all interactive at this time.

They should have shown the place of the car all the time not at certain points. Also, GET RID OF COMMERCIALS!!!! That is why people pay the extra for this package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)