Friday Fun Poll:

Have you ever mounted a dish with C-clamps?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
I don't mean to be presumptuous, but it's been a while since we had one, and I just gotta know . . .

Have you ever mounted a dish with C-clamps? (pictures?)

I once took a small table into my back yard to work with.
It was a good place for the receiver and tools.
I had some big C clamps and blocks, so I bolted the dish to the table for my very earliest experiments.

Then, a few years ago, I took a dish to a buddy's house, to demonstrate it.
He had a six foot folding ladder. We C-clamped the pole's foot to the top and went for it!

Sorry, no pix. :(

Needed a quick mount for a 60cm to see what I could get when I was short on larger dishes.

One of the gates had 2 side-by-side fence posts.
I had previously thought about U-bolts for a bit, having no luck tracking down ones of appropriate size.

One day, family asked if there was anything to get from the shops and it struck me!
C-clamps! Cheap, easy to get and easy to use :cool:

Unfortunately, It's been taken down since it is in the LOS of the Direcway

I had a tripod mount with a 80cm motorized dish on it, for playing around. The tripod was screwed to a pallet and the pallet C-clamped to my deck. I had 3 decks at the old house, so I could put it most anywhere.
:)

yes...including pics

test rig

Attachments

• 18 test rig 1.JPG
    18 test rig 1.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 18 test rig 2.JPG
    18 test rig 2.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 174
I have not used C clamps, but did lean my dish up to a lawn chair to get G10r before it was mounted. Have also used those spring clamps Like in Icebergs pics as well.
So how do I vote...I have not used C clamps, but have used the spring clamps. (I said YES because they were still clamps)...sorry no pics.

not c-clamps but brackets to hold a ring-mount 4.5' dish to a piece of plywood and now some 2x4's I strung as a platform.

I"ll have to see if I can take and post pics...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)