Friday Fun Poll:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Have you ever mounted a dish with C-clamps?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
I don't mean to be presumptuous, but it's been a while since we had one, and I just gotta know . . .

Have you ever mounted a dish with C-clamps? (pictures?)

I once took a small table into my back yard to work with.
It was a good place for the receiver and tools.
I had some big C clamps and blocks, so I bolted the dish to the table for my very earliest experiments.

Then, a few years ago, I took a dish to a buddy's house, to demonstrate it.
He had a six foot folding ladder. We C-clamped the pole's foot to the top and went for it!

Sorry, no pix. :(

Needed a quick mount for a 60cm to see what I could get when I was short on larger dishes.

One of the gates had 2 side-by-side fence posts.
I had previously thought about U-bolts for a bit, having no luck tracking down ones of appropriate size.

One day, family asked if there was anything to get from the shops and it struck me!
C-clamps! Cheap, easy to get and easy to use :cool:

Unfortunately, It's been taken down since it is in the LOS of the Direcway

I had a tripod mount with a 80cm motorized dish on it, for playing around. The tripod was screwed to a pallet and the pallet C-clamped to my deck. I had 3 decks at the old house, so I could put it most anywhere.
:)

yes...including pics

test rig

Attachments

• 18 test rig 1.JPG
    18 test rig 1.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 18 test rig 2.JPG
    18 test rig 2.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 181
I have not used C clamps, but did lean my dish up to a lawn chair to get G10r before it was mounted. Have also used those spring clamps Like in Icebergs pics as well.
So how do I vote...I have not used C clamps, but have used the spring clamps. (I said YES because they were still clamps)...sorry no pics.

not c-clamps but brackets to hold a ring-mount 4.5' dish to a piece of plywood and now some 2x4's I strung as a platform.

I"ll have to see if I can take and post pics...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts