Friday Fun Poll!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just like a psycho ex-girlfriend...the Friday fun poll is back :)

Yes I know its Thursday, but I decided to do it today

Easy one this week....two parter

Do you listen to the audio stations on FTA (now this doesnt mean the audio from say ONN....the audio stations/radio side of FTA) :)

If so...what ones (just limit it to a couple) are your favorites? Please list in response.

yep. Love Power 97 out of Winnipeg on Nimiq1 :)
Also liking the 80s one on IA5 (the new one) and Lazer 93.3 on G10

Power 97 is my favorite as I live in Winnipeg. That's pretty cool that they have a whole 'nother audience via satellite. I'll have to check out the 80's on IA5.

Tim
I stream it at work too :)

Now if they would get CJOB 680 on ExpressVu too (Its on Starchoice but scrambled) :(

I listen to various stations on Nimiq, but I also have Sirius radio, and the audio channels on Starchoice, so I tend to have an overabundance of music to listen to.

ultatryon said:
I listen to various stations on Nimiq, but I also have Sirius radio, and the audio channels on Starchoice, so I tend to have an overabundance of music to listen to.

same here :)

SC, FTA, Sirius :D

I listen to Lazer and some of the talk radio stations, not sure what their call letters are though.

digiblur said:
The XBox keeps the shoutcast streams bumping along on my 6.1 system.

I dont really care for shoutcast that much.. I rather use the 40gig mp3 collection I have.. the xbox loves streaming 224k mp3s locally, versus 56k streams off the internet :)

Iceberg said:
Do you listen to the audio stations on FTA (now this doesnt mean the audio from say ONN....the audio stations/radio side of FTA) :)

If so...what ones (just limit it to a couple) are your favorites? Please list in response.

Oh yes, more than I watch it!

#1 -> AMC1 WCPE (Playing now)
#2 -> IA5 Overcomer (Brother Stair)
#3 -> Nimiq1 (CJPX)

This reminds me that I wish I had a DSS LNB up there :(

Anyway:

World Radio Network on Ia5
RNW (Holland) on Ia5
KEXP on G10r
RDP Portugal on AMC 4 for the music

ultatryon said:
I dont really care for shoutcast that much.. I rather use the 40gig mp3 collection I have.. the xbox loves streaming 224k mp3s locally, versus 56k streams off the internet :)

Listening to 128k streams here and I'm too lazy to feed it or setup playlists ;)

I don't usually listen to the radio/audio stations on satellite. I do sometimes try the alternate audio channels to see what they have on. If I have the satellite box on, I'm watching a video station... or searching the various satellites trying to find something to watch.
Now at work, I will listen to various streaming channels or to the radio.
A couple of stations that I listen to that stream their audio are:
http://www.thewolf.ca/index.html
http://www.q107.com/
http://www.edge102.com/

Attachments

• peterborough.gif
    peterborough.gif
    79.5 KB · Views: 145
Larry1 said:
The Wolf is out of Peterborough Ontario. It is about a half hour north of me. I live in Port Hope, On, on the North shore of Lake Ontario, about an hour east of Toronto.

gotcha....I knew where Peterborough is....home of CHEX TV :)
but their website (the wolf) didnt really say where they were from

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)