Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just like a psycho ex-girlfriend...the Friday fun poll is back :)

Yes I know its Thursday, but I decided to do it today

Easy one this week....two parter

Do you listen to the audio stations on FTA (now this doesnt mean the audio from say ONN....the audio stations/radio side of FTA) :)

If so...what ones (just limit it to a couple) are your favorites? Please list in response.

yep. Love Power 97 out of Winnipeg on Nimiq1 :)
Also liking the 80s one on IA5 (the new one) and Lazer 93.3 on G10

Power 97 is my favorite as I live in Winnipeg. That's pretty cool that they have a whole 'nother audience via satellite. I'll have to check out the 80's on IA5.

Tim
I stream it at work too :)

Now if they would get CJOB 680 on ExpressVu too (Its on Starchoice but scrambled) :(

I listen to various stations on Nimiq, but I also have Sirius radio, and the audio channels on Starchoice, so I tend to have an overabundance of music to listen to.

ultatryon said:
I listen to various stations on Nimiq, but I also have Sirius radio, and the audio channels on Starchoice, so I tend to have an overabundance of music to listen to.

same here :)

SC, FTA, Sirius :D

I listen to Lazer and some of the talk radio stations, not sure what their call letters are though.

digiblur said:
The XBox keeps the shoutcast streams bumping along on my 6.1 system.

I dont really care for shoutcast that much.. I rather use the 40gig mp3 collection I have.. the xbox loves streaming 224k mp3s locally, versus 56k streams off the internet :)

Iceberg said:
Do you listen to the audio stations on FTA (now this doesnt mean the audio from say ONN....the audio stations/radio side of FTA) :)

If so...what ones (just limit it to a couple) are your favorites? Please list in response.

Oh yes, more than I watch it!

#1 -> AMC1 WCPE (Playing now)
#2 -> IA5 Overcomer (Brother Stair)
#3 -> Nimiq1 (CJPX)

This reminds me that I wish I had a DSS LNB up there :(

Anyway:

World Radio Network on Ia5
RNW (Holland) on Ia5
KEXP on G10r
RDP Portugal on AMC 4 for the music

ultatryon said:
I dont really care for shoutcast that much.. I rather use the 40gig mp3 collection I have.. the xbox loves streaming 224k mp3s locally, versus 56k streams off the internet :)

Listening to 128k streams here and I'm too lazy to feed it or setup playlists ;)

I don't usually listen to the radio/audio stations on satellite. I do sometimes try the alternate audio channels to see what they have on. If I have the satellite box on, I'm watching a video station... or searching the various satellites trying to find something to watch.
Now at work, I will listen to various streaming channels or to the radio.
A couple of stations that I listen to that stream their audio are:
http://www.thewolf.ca/index.html
http://www.q107.com/
http://www.edge102.com/

Attachments

• peterborough.gif
    peterborough.gif
    79.5 KB · Views: 145
Larry1 said:
The Wolf is out of Peterborough Ontario. It is about a half hour north of me. I live in Port Hope, On, on the North shore of Lake Ontario, about an hour east of Toronto.

gotcha....I knew where Peterborough is....home of CHEX TV :)
but their website (the wolf) didnt really say where they were from

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)