Frustrated by numerous program guide issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There is a TON of shows that are showing up as new that are not. I have to keep deleting things off my DVR that I have seen already.

This has been issue for long time, thise started along with so many other timer/guide issue when dish changed the guide provider since then it been mess, but atlest it not as bad as USE to be

An alert for anyone who is recording Lego Marvel Avengers: Climate Conundrum on Disney XD. When I checked the guide yesterday, I noticed that they got the episode numbers reversed. So, last night's premiere was listed as episode 2, and next week's new episode was listed as episode 1.

Sporadic instances still of shows marked as new that are not. Also dates in the show schedules that don't line up with the guide. (Oak Island shows are a good example).

Local NFL games are not showing up in the guide. It has been an issue for weeks. Some other local programs affected like Patriots All Access.

LOL Yesterday (Saturday) our Fox station guide info said "To Be Determined" 8 AM-8 PM and 8 PM-11 PM and The 6 PM news on our CBS station said "CBS5 Morning News"

An alert for anyone who is recording Lego Marvel Avengers: Climate Conundrum on Disney XD. When I checked the guide yesterday, I noticed that they got the episode numbers reversed. So, last night's premiere was listed as episode 2, and next week's new episode was listed as episode 1.
Yeah, you can't trust the episode numbering. I showed the wife one a couple of days ago. It gave the title and said "Part 2" but the first line in the blurb said "Part 1 of 2" then at the very bottom it said "Part 2 of 2". :coco

Somehow, I don't think this is the correct description for this episode of The Flash...
(Tuesday, 6/22/2021 at 8 PM Eastern on CW)
0620211353-01.jpg

Yeah, I know that Sarah (or Sara) is a popular name in the Arrowverse. However, there is currently no character on The Flash named Sarah. (This is obviously the description for the Monday, 6/21/2021 at 9 PM Eastern episode of The Republic of Sarah on CW. I will note that the description that actually appears in the guide on Monday for that episode is much shorter than the description pictured above.)

I'm back. Have been experiencing a number of issues including the need to redo some timers. So let's see if posting some of them helps.

New fall season, more issues finding/recording favorite shows.

Existing timer for EPIX "War of the Worlds" doesn't see tonight's season premier or any other viewing, had to setup new timer.

Using the Home button and going to the Shows tab, the CBS season premiers do not appear though they are in the guide.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm back. Have been experiencing a number of issues including the need to redo some timers. So let's see if posting some of them helps.
Existing timer for EPIX "War of the Worlds" doesn't see tonight's season premier or any other viewing, had to setup new timer.
I'm pretty sure Dish has changed guide data providers again since the last time this thread was active. (Recent enough to have also been after the previous season of War of the Worlds.) Dish apparently went back to Gracenote as the guide data provider, or at the very least Dish is no longer using Rovi (TiVo) guide data anymore. This may cause issues with any timers that were set while Dish was still using the old provider.

New fall season, more issues finding/recording favorite shows.

Using the Home button and going to the Shows tab, the CBS season premiers do not appear though they are in the guide.
what there is premier tonight... damnit that was one my timers, i wonder what else is recording cause this crap

NBC series "La Brea" showing multiple issues:

- first, old timer no longer works

- setting up new timer on the Search function only works for last season's shows on Wednesday & Thursday

- must create new timer from this season's premier on program guide

The problems I have seen in the guide are.
  • Inaccurate show/show number/weather it's a new or rerun.
  • Missing description/cast
  • Says order but then says channel not available
I would love to see trailers available for more movies on the description page NOT a movie trailer channel.
Show if a new show on the guide.

NBC series "La Brea" showing multiple issues:

- first, old timer no longer works

- setting up new timer on the Search function only works for last season's shows on Wednesday & Thursday

- must create new timer from this season's premier on program guide
To diagnose this issue I had 3 timers for "La Brea". When I went to delete the extra copies, the newest timer that had been working with the new season program was no longer working and the other two were.

This was not an issue for me, just a heads up for others.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I recently moved my Hopper from the 2nd floor to the first floor as we watch most of out TV downstairs and I eliminated a Joey in the process. I have had an antenna on my roof for I don't remember how long so I've been getting almost al my digital channels (I live 25 miles west of WTC and Empire State Bldg). I also have the intention of saving $12/month by eliminating locals. Lately the guide program logic has been acting strange. Last week we turned on the Hopper/TV around 10:30 (EDT) and got a message that the guide was updating. A few days later we saw it updating @ 22:30.
Also my local WABC CH 7.1 had no program info so The View and a few other shows failed to record. When we pressed info none of the shows had program info. I called tech support this morning and the first person was basically helpless. Didn't understand my problem, did NOT ask to take control of Hopper via Internet. Told me to unplugreplug Hopper (sounds like a Windows tech help desk) I asked for a more technical person, took control of my Hopper and we saw that P Guide update was 3AM. Could not tell me why it was updating off hours. She guessed it was updating for the locals. Her solution was to take OTA out of Hopper and see if it updates at a strange time. I said I would have to stay awake more than 24 hours. Today my locals have the guide info except WNBC Channel 4. It NEVER has info.
So is anyone else having this problem? I thought part of ATSC was to include metadata in stream like program info and if Dish can get program info for locals why can't the code recognize it and update the program info? I asked if there was a log (this IS after all a Unix program {right?})

I wish to God my wife let me keep You Tube TV (I got it thru T-Mobile for $55/month). She just doesn't like going thru the menus/tabs. Too much work like Jane Jetson (pushbuttonitis).

BTW if anyone is interested you have GOT to get T-Mobile Internet. It's completely wireless, $50 month autopay and I get 200-500 Mbps depending.

-30-

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
Had it for two months, gave it back. 200 Mbps sometimes, 2 Mbps sometimes, totally unusable other times.

Location, location, location.
Had it for two months, gave it back. 200 Mbps sometimes, 2 Mbps sometimes, totally unusable other times.

Location, location, location.
They probably didn't upgrade your towers yet. Where you located? Did they say it was unavailable in your area and they contacted you? The kept telling me it wasn't. Went into t-mobile store and bitahced about it and they said, here take it home for 2 week and it worked great. Two weeks later I get an email saying, it's available. I previously had their 4G service and while not gang busters it was reliable

The speed is based upon # voice calls. They prioritize calls over data so I''m guessing you're due for a tower upgrade in the future

Reactions: TheKrell