frustrated darn it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
I have tweaked and tuned and I cannot seem to get the G3-C equity channels to stay locked on my 10'

I have checked the centering on the feedhorn and f/d.
Dish alignment is good. Dish is not warped.

Checked cables

I can lock them on a clear day but not when it is rainy and heavy clouds.

My 7.5' dish is locking them with slight pixels every now and then.

What else can I do?
Am I just not hitting the sweet spot?

the Fortec Ultra is showing 74-80 percent quality but not a smooth lock.
Picture stays for a while them blips and pixels a bit.

I hate to imagine my smaller 7.5' doing better!!

Try swaping receivers and see if there is any difference. I know the Equity G-3 mux is a bugger to get right. My 12 foot was off a tad and I was getting breakup. Couple turns of the elevation took care of that.Now it's solid as a rock. Your LNB probably don't help. You could pick up a good new Cal Amp for about $130.00. If you want to to do a freebe see if there are any dead dishes around your area that they would be willing to let you have parts from. Some of the old LNB's were really great units. Like my 40 degree Cal amp from 89 that I payed $200.00 for that puppy takes everything digital I throw at it and there was no digital back then. I bought it because thats what the cable companies and broadcast stations were using back then.

I wonder if there is something wrong with you dish. You said it's not warped, maybe there is something loose, Actuator joints or pivot points.

Last edited:
I thought about tweaking the elevation. My dish is new. I just ordered it from Superior Antenna a few months ago. I get everything else in the sky strong. It's just the equity stuff on G3. I guess that is good tp for making sure your dish is set up perfect.

I guess that is good tp for making sure your dish is set up perfect.

Yes... where Im at G3 Equity is great for getting the elevation just right. I use the G-15 HBO's for my azimuth. After setting my elevation on G3 last year my HBO's went from 93 to 99 Quality. So it helped not only the Equity's but the lower end also, go figure...

On my DSR-905 sidecar HBO is coming in 100-111 80-82% G-1
112-up 69% G-1

My apple tree is slightly blocking the dish on G-1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)