FTA? missing channels on the same sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

akimbobo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
is there a reason that I can get some channels in and I can get in

an example would be on Galaxy 23 121.0 west I have no problem getting in the following 2 channels

TVW washington state
the sportsman channel

I would like to get in IMAGINASIAN TV and yet I can't get it in

Any idea or info would greatly help thanks

i have no issues with this channel .... i didn't have it tuned so i manually entered it and it came right up . can you manually enter it ??

it has the same polarity as the other channels listed so that isn't an issue.

deleting it and trying a blind scan now ....

EDIT .... ok i did a blind scan with my coolsat 5000 and it missed the channel but i can manually enter it and get it at 95% signal and 94% quality ( so its not a weak channel )

Last edited:
I agree with George, do a Manual scan. I think the reason a blind scan probably doesn't pick it up, is because of the extremely low signal rate?

Al

would it have something to do with pid? I can't turn pids on with the bob jones receiver and I have to wonder if there are certain things I am limited on with this receiver.

I can only enter the SR and and dl freq number I can't enter a vpid or apid number could that be the problem

thanks for the response

put in the frequency, polarity & symbol rate and do a manual scan. It will automatically log the right pids

hmmm I do that and I get nothing for imaginasian TV and some of the other channels are hit and miss also.

I am still trying to get my big dish arced correctly. I can get most of my west sats in and a few are fuzzy. I am sure it has something to do with my problems.

On the other hand if I can get TVW and the other channles in on the same sat I would think that I would also get all the channels in. The channels I do get in are great looking and have a steady signal.

I love the challenge and I am sure it's something simple :)

Thanks for the help and the input

I think some receivers have problems with signal rates below 2000? That being said, I still think it should get it with a Manual scan? However, I know nothing about the Bob Jones receivers, so that may not be a problem?

Al

Also, you might try a Manual scan several times. After all, if at first you don't succeed..............

i think i would try a channel editor and see if its compatable if you have a loader then maybe you can get a channel list and fix it up the way you like and put it back into the box.

just a thought .

My receiver found the TP as 3774mhz @3.007mbs, when I changed it to 3777 @1.860mbs, it locked right on..

Now, if I can only get the DSR-4402x to do the same thing...

My receiver found the TP as 3774mhz @3.007mbs, when I changed it to 3777 @1.860mbs, it locked right on..

Now, if I can only get the DSR-4402x to do the same thing...

I think a 4402x will only do Symbol Rates above 4000 or something like that. I had that problem with a channel on a headend I was working on and switched it out to a SA 9850 it it came in. Then I got to reading the manual and found out it wouldnt do symbol rates as low as I was trying.

I work in Cable TV so I get a whole lot of expierence with the professional receivers.

Wholeshoe

I also work in a Cable Headend.. And you are correct, the 4402 would not lock on to that carrier for anything, so I swapped in a 9828 (which is way overkill, but I could not get the 9223s i had around to kick over)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)