FTA? missing channels on the same sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

akimbobo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
is there a reason that I can get some channels in and I can get in

an example would be on Galaxy 23 121.0 west I have no problem getting in the following 2 channels

TVW washington state
the sportsman channel

I would like to get in IMAGINASIAN TV and yet I can't get it in

Any idea or info would greatly help thanks

i have no issues with this channel .... i didn't have it tuned so i manually entered it and it came right up . can you manually enter it ??

it has the same polarity as the other channels listed so that isn't an issue.

deleting it and trying a blind scan now ....

EDIT .... ok i did a blind scan with my coolsat 5000 and it missed the channel but i can manually enter it and get it at 95% signal and 94% quality ( so its not a weak channel )

Last edited:
I agree with George, do a Manual scan. I think the reason a blind scan probably doesn't pick it up, is because of the extremely low signal rate?

Al

would it have something to do with pid? I can't turn pids on with the bob jones receiver and I have to wonder if there are certain things I am limited on with this receiver.

I can only enter the SR and and dl freq number I can't enter a vpid or apid number could that be the problem

thanks for the response

put in the frequency, polarity & symbol rate and do a manual scan. It will automatically log the right pids

hmmm I do that and I get nothing for imaginasian TV and some of the other channels are hit and miss also.

I am still trying to get my big dish arced correctly. I can get most of my west sats in and a few are fuzzy. I am sure it has something to do with my problems.

On the other hand if I can get TVW and the other channles in on the same sat I would think that I would also get all the channels in. The channels I do get in are great looking and have a steady signal.

I love the challenge and I am sure it's something simple :)

Thanks for the help and the input

I think some receivers have problems with signal rates below 2000? That being said, I still think it should get it with a Manual scan? However, I know nothing about the Bob Jones receivers, so that may not be a problem?

Al

Also, you might try a Manual scan several times. After all, if at first you don't succeed..............

i think i would try a channel editor and see if its compatable if you have a loader then maybe you can get a channel list and fix it up the way you like and put it back into the box.

just a thought .

My receiver found the TP as 3774mhz @3.007mbs, when I changed it to 3777 @1.860mbs, it locked right on..

Now, if I can only get the DSR-4402x to do the same thing...

My receiver found the TP as 3774mhz @3.007mbs, when I changed it to 3777 @1.860mbs, it locked right on..

Now, if I can only get the DSR-4402x to do the same thing...

I think a 4402x will only do Symbol Rates above 4000 or something like that. I had that problem with a channel on a headend I was working on and switched it out to a SA 9850 it it came in. Then I got to reading the manual and found out it wouldnt do symbol rates as low as I was trying.

I work in Cable TV so I get a whole lot of expierence with the professional receivers.

Wholeshoe

I also work in a Cable Headend.. And you are correct, the 4402 would not lock on to that carrier for anything, so I swapped in a 9828 (which is way overkill, but I could not get the 9223s i had around to kick over)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts