FTA receivers and Harmony learning remote??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Technojunky

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 3, 2005
Jensen Beach, FL
Does anyone have any experience in using a harmony learning remote with a Fotec Ultra receiver? I know that the Harmony will control most all A/V equipment, but will it be able to work with the Fortec Ultra?

Joe

I'm gonna add to the question above and ask if anyone has used with Coolsat or PANSAT 2500?

I have a Harmony 628 that I use with my Pantec reciever, which has run both Pansat 2500a and currently runs Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra software..

The remote works well, just needs some fine tuning of the buttons..

Did you have a specific question about it? or just wanted to know if it works?

I wanted to know if I can use the Harmony, I think 768?, to operate my Fortec Lifetime Ultra, along with all the other A/V equipment it will operate? I am getting tired of all the remotes. If I can learn the other remotes, I am sure I can narrow the bunch down to two, maybe three.

The list of functions that make me pickup the OEM remotes are as follows.

Sony HDTV - wide screen control button
Tivo - all buttons
DVD - play, stop, pause
Sony Receiver - master volume - power
Fortec - All buttons
Dishnet DVR 625 - All buttons

Some of the remotes will control other things, but you have to change from device to device, and that is a drag to do. There are too many buttons on some remotes. I have to turn the light on to read some of the less used buttons.

The Harmony will take some configuring.. give yourself like two hours of sitting down and playing with the website... once you get it working, its all a breeze...

I love the fact that its 100% programable.. every button on the thing can be programmed.

Hard to set up, easy to use. thats the Harmony in a nutshell.

I just purchased a HARMONY H659 today and i'm gonna test it with my Coolsat 4000 pro and Pansat 3500s, see how it goes. :yes

The 659 is the same as the 628 (that I have) but they moved the vcr buttons to the bottom, added 4 other buttons around the directional buttons, and changed it to black instead of blue.

My next remote will be the 659 most likely.. Just out of curiosity, how much did you buy it for? Justdeals has it for $65 ( http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/h659blk.html ) and I was wondering if you found it less then that?

They are awesome remotes, I for one would recommend that you carry them.. If you can get your hands on refurbs, that would be even better, as to pass on the savings to the end user..

For example, the 659 is $149 MSRP, but sells for around $70 refurbished.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts