FyreTV BETA is officially underway!

Got mine today. I will hook it up later, hopefully tonight. I need to run either cable or get a wireless access point. My wifes cousin has borrowed my fish tape so likely the wireless method.

Got mine today and hook up was a breeze. Also, I think I found the address for the forums, but couldn't get logged in. I thought we were already registered for the forums. Do we need to register again?

Link is FyreTV Forums (looks like the "s" might have been left off in the email.)

Got the tracking number yesterday. UPS sent it to BFE then re-routed it. Came in today. Unfortunately I flew out for a trip today. I had it shipped to office. Won't be able to pick it up until Friday night. Secretary put it on my desk. I hope it doesn't say fyretv on the box as secretary is a devout Assembly of God member. hehehehehehe. She might find out I am a perv. LOL. Oh well. maybe she'll hook it up and learn something!!! :D

If you saw the size of her ass you would not be wishing that on anyone. Her cankles make Hillary feel a super model!!! :D

MMMMM, cankles!

All of a sudden I have a craving for some deep fried bacon or a meat-sicle!

:eek:

Attachments

• cankles.jpg
    cankles.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 119
still no darn tracking number. i am not very happy right now.

I haven't gotten mine either. I'm don't think tracking numbers went out to everyone right away so you might get the box before you get the tracking#. I figure that if mine was sent in the first batch I should see it today or tomorrow at the latest.

i was told it would be shipped tuesday. and since miami is just down the road from me, i wouldn't be surprised if it arrives today. my concern is that i live behind a karate school, in a gated community. if i'm not expecting a delivery, i can't open the gate to let them in.

Mesquite,
Tx, Us 03/03/2008 10:38 A.m. Departure Scan
03/03/2008 5:35 A.m. Arrival Scan Jackson,
Ms, Us 03/02/2008 10:46 P.m. Departure Scan Jackson,
Ms, Us 03/01/2008 11:40 P.m. Arrival Scan Jacksonville,
Fl, Us 02/29/2008 11:32 P.m. Departure Scan
02/29/2008 6:44 A.m. Arrival Scan Miami,
Fl, Us 02/28/2008 11:13 P.m. Departure Scan Us 02/27/2008 9:01 P.m. Billing Information Received

This is taking longer than expected...It was shipped on the 27th..

UPS FTL?
FedEx is much better.

And its been rescheduled for some reason:

Status: In Transit - Rescheduled Rescheduled Delivery: 03/07/2008

well, at least. mine is on the truck for delivery today. hope you get yours soon iwolf!

UPDATE: it's finally here........yay!

Last edited:
I can't believe it takes 10+ days for shipping with UPS, they are lame plus its been rescheduled.
I wonder If I will get my box before beta ends...

Coming that route it can't be bad weather Miami, FL to Jackson, MS..

Seeing that its UPS ground - likely bet a mechanical failure of the truck or even an accident God forbid delayed it a day or 2...

Also if I remember correctly, only count BUSINESS DAYS with UPS as they are union and I "think" they may not drive all day Sat or at all on Sunday.

So thats: bill posted the 27th = actually leaves town the 28th (DAY 1)

3/06 = the 6th business day from the 28th; should be 4 to 5 days to Nevada average, maybe 6 - 7 on the LONG side. BUT if it shows it was still in the Jackson, MS area the 3rd; that could be about right; 2 days from MS to NV. Likely will see a NV arrival scan sometime today.

argh, i got almost everything hooked up but discovered i was an ethernet cable short. for some reason, i thought i had more than 2 plus the one in the box. either i have totally lost my mind (not impossible) or i've misplaced (not impossible either).

i needed longer cables anyway so i just placed an order at monoprice.com. should be here monday or tuesday.

I did not see this posted anywhere but if I decide to cancel at the end of the beta or afterwards, who pays for the equipment to be returned?

By the by, I just signed up, can't wait to give me feedback...
Shipping for returned FyreTV equipment will be paid by the customer as FyreTV will pay for shipping of the equipment to the customer. The customer is given a 30 day window to return their BETA equipment should they decline our invitation to continue their FyreTV service at the end of the BETA program.

Estefano, I looked over the link to the manual and don't see it mentioned, is there a way to assign a static IP config (addr/mask/gateway/DNS) in the box or does it only do DHCP?

Thanks

BTW, signed up via your web site.
In the network settings at the ENTER Pin screen (first screen seen) or in the UI you will be able to manually assign the static IP config.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)