Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Attention SatelliteGuys FyreTV Beta Testers:

The folks at FyreTV are looking to set up their own forum for Beta Testers, however this forum is not currently online.

If you are a SatelliteGuys FyreTV Beta Tester, please post all bug reports and suggestions here to SatelliteGuys.US and the folks from FyreTV will see them.

We look forward to your reports and comments which will help make FyreTV better for all!

Thanks for being a SatelliteGuys Member! Enjoy your FyreTV Service!

Well, I found my first bug last night. When I select "Live TV" and then select the "Help" button the box either freezes or reboots every time. The one really good thing is that the reboot is very speedy!

I'm honestly amazed at the speed at which this box is able to buffer. I have it set to the highest quality (DVD quality) and the start up time is almost immediate after selecting content. Dish Network could learn a lot from this on their DishONLINE service!

i got my box today, very easy to setup, pic quality is awesome, and it plays right now when you select a movie, the only thing i found which may or may not be a bug is, when you select a movie and select where to play entire movie, it only plays one scene at a time.

also when i ff thru a movie the pic will go blank and come right back on, and also on the main page there are movies at the top of the page, dont know if they are ready or not, but nothing happenes on them, when you click on them, when i click on live tv also then help the box will reboot, but it is fast to reboot

there is sort of a stutter when fast forwarding. I don't know if its my internet or the box. or maybe its just the buffer, not really sure but wanted to throw that out there as well

I agree with an earlier post that their should be a panic button. I would also like a backlit remote, for watching in the dark.
This will be tough but a way to equealize the volume of the movies, even saw radical diffrences between scenes of the same movie. Also one movie had no audio. Was confused when nsearching as only the new releases were showing up, but quickly figured it out.
Should be an option, when watching a movier from a scene to watch rest or movie or not. Perhaps a default settings page.
An esplanation for the movies on top would be nice.
Had to hit play 2 or 3 times to stop FF.

I did the same thing with the live tv help bug.. Yes I agree I was looking for the panic button today. That is needed! Could of useded it when I got a phone call while taking pictures, and my 3 year old brought the phone to me as my wife did not know what I was doing. Thankgod for the quick tv button as i had the remote for the tv in the other hand.

I also agree with backlit remote.

sorry if im out of line (new here)... but i'll throw in my two cents.

i recieved my box today. pluses: they include pretty much every cable you would need (including hdmi, which is rare)... its tiny, and quiet.

im having non-stop issues though that i am hoping they can answer soon or my end of the beta testing will be completely unproductive.

1. my box likes to reboot frequently. help sections, tv guide, etc (most have been previously mentioned) cause it to reboot.

2. (and most importantly) nothing plays. i have tried viewing at least 3 dozen different clips and movies and all have resulted in playback errors that state "Playback Error - Unable to play the video" with two buttons: Try again, and Skip scene. I have tried everything i know to do, from changing quality levels, to checking all network logs... and have found nothing. just flat out, does not work. (for troubleshooting info... i have comcast cable connection, get plenty of bandwidth - roughly 25mb/4mb, am using an airport extreme base station as my router, and do have a good network connection as it see's everything else fine, can pull dhcp, and is able to view menus and the like on the box... i can also see the traffic through the aebs)

so.. before i can even begin to evaluate or help out... ive got to get point 2 taken care of.

as for the rest... i think some of the suggestions (backlit remote, an "oh crap" button) would be great additions. also... some documentation on the functions and remote buttons would be great, but i suspect those are probably coming sooner or later.

i have had this box playing several different clips. I used the search button and then went to a category and selected something at random and went to play. worked fine for me.

but the vids at the top of the screen will never load. i don't know if they are actually up there or not or just idea of what is available currently

yeah... same here for me with the clips at the top of the home screen... but i still cant get anything at all to play. finally found their forums (their url was messed up) so i'll be posting this in the master beta testers area.

Well what can I say about this so far (1 day)?

1. Nice "slick" packaging; well boxed and laid out.
2. Thanks for the cable selection! Easy setup without manual for avg PC users and above; BUT maybe not for below avg or Joe 6 pack.
3. Nice menus and layout; but a lot of options do not work. A couple menu options crash the box.
4. Nice PQ and remote and as above the banner movies will not play.
5. Only average selections in the "New Releases" section. Did NOT see many movies that were really new; most seemed many months old.
6. Most other offerings outside of "NEW" are old and very thin at best. Many of today's most popular stars and series are nowhere to be found.
7. Category search option is nice and setup well with default searches pre-built for the user.
8. Other search tools only have manual entry; no default pre-built selections which is bad navigation to me. Especially the search by series & search by studio.

I just hope the the BETA doesn't end and we start getting charged before we see a good bit of SPEEDY improvements. XTV failed to update selections and etc; and they FAILED.

So far I am honestly stretching to give this item a C-

Last edited:
1) I do agree with the slick packaging and layout
2) I am also getting the "help bug" reboot
3) I love the PQ compared to my ITVN box. ( I honestly was just amazed by it)
4) I'm not to much into this so I dont know if the movies are new or not. But I agree that one reason I was leaving ITVN no matter what is that the same movies are showing since I subscribed over a year ago.
5) I wish the remote had a "Back" button as I found the sometimes the only way to get back to a previous screen is to press the home button and start over.
6) SOmeone mentioned before and I agree that I wish there was a guide kinda like ITVN has where you can see all the movie titles

1)
5) I wish the remote had a "Back" button as I found the sometimes the only way to get back to a previous screen is to press the home button and start over.

Actually there is a back button. It is the one that has the arrow pointing up and to the left.

Haven't had much time to work with this but did find one thing, the remote not only turns off the box but also my Dell W3101C LCD panel.

Am I the only one that live TV doesn't work for. If you hit the button it does nothing. If I go to live tv and select the guide in the menus I get nothing.

In the beta notes posted by Scott it said the live tv would not be active to the full launch. Keep in mind this is the first beta launch so I for one am not worried about lack of content I read somewhere the they planned on adding about 20 titles a day during beta. On the other hand once beta is over the content will determine if I subscribe:I would also like to see toll free tech support with extended evening hours especially with very little documentation I also had problems getting up and running for about a half hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts