FyreTV Beta Testing (Please Read)

Just got one of these boxes today and all I can say is FORGET IT.

I have Dish, Direct, Xbox260, Roku, PS3 so I know my boxes.

This thing set up fine but when I test connection it gives me 84kbs downstream when my connection is 20mb. I can't play a single thing, as soon as I hit play I see some real fast credits fly by, it goes into the play screen for a few seconds then the screen melts away to black and nothing ever plays and I can't escape out of this window. Must reboot.

Any suggestions?

I dont know if that service is ever going to fly... haven't heard anything from them in months.

I turned it on for the first time in a long time last week and found most of the movies that were there before were gone. Selecting categories such as fetish and there were only 3 or 4 movies listed.

Honestly I think the old XTV/ITVN box was easer to use and navigate. Although the PQ on the FyreTV box is good.

Got the Fire box working. I had set the ports open the require to no avail but when I finally made the IP static/manual it worked fine.

Sometimes when mine does not work right, I reboot the router and it then works again. I think the router forgets what ports the Fyre box is using. I don't manually open any ports and use DHCP.

I dont know if that service is ever going to fly... haven't heard anything from them in months.

I turned it on for the first time in a long time last week and found most of the movies that were there before were gone. Selecting categories such as fetish and there were only 3 or 4 movies listed.

Honestly I think the old XTV/ITVN box was easer to use and navigate. Although the PQ on the FyreTV box is good.

I think FYRE tv will fly. They are very active doing updates and adding content. Just check out their forums..

Yeah, I havent used it in a while either. Looks like they have been doing a lot of backend server work lately. Seems like they still have a ways to go before they go live (new remote, new user interface, etc).

Best thing about it so far is the PQ. The navigation would be horrible if they had 10000 movies (could you image it?). Heck, there's only around 300 or 400 movies there now, and it takes forever to search thru them all.

Well, since the beta is now over I sent the box back. This is absolutly not something that I would actually pay money for. Good idea, but very buggy and the content was pretty bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts