FyreTV Beta Testing (Please Read)

SPECIES11703: You also may want to check your span box and filters as FyreTV has been sending emails with this info and it seems you are not getting them.

With the 5 or 6 threads all on this same subject I was not sure if anyone had posted this yet and I will post it the threads I see:

I fired up the FyreTV box again tonight with the wife and see a firmware upgrade is D/L. I will try to note anything new or different I see.

Well, the FyreTV bugs have been really bad the last few days. I cant seem to play any sceen fully without being kicked out to the menu screen.

Also looks like they pushed a new firmware 2.1-2.

Oh well. Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out. Looks like they're up to over 340 movies.

-John

How do you see how many movies? I was digging around yesterday and it only shows like 10-15 at a time. Do you just have to search by category?

If you search by title, then you see the 15 movies. Hit the up arrow, it will give you a text box to type in a name. Just hit the OK button. It will list all of the movies available. In the bottom left it will say something like "1 of 341 movies".

-John

No issues here except for reboot needed anytime the box is left alone for more than 24 hours. Guess it gets lonely.

Easy fix for that problem... include an old school lamp timer in the box. Set it to go off at 6am and come back at 7am. You'd be good to go everyday.

You don't get kicked out of a movie while you are watching it? I always do. And I'm on a fast 15Mbps internet connection. Searching the FyreTV forums, its a known bug with their servers that is supposed to be fixed in a few weeks.

So far, I'm a little less than impressed with their responsiveness to fixing issues. But its still beta, so no firm opinion yet. However, they do need to fix the playback problems before I can actually use the box on a regular basis. Right now, it just sits there most of the time.

-John

Yeah, mine always needs to be rebooted. I always just unplug it and plug it back in before I try to use it. It never comes back to life by pressing the power button the remote.

mike1973, yeah usually after fast forwarding. Who wants to watch the beginning of the scenes where they interview the girl? Blech.

-John

I've never had the issues with the kicking you out during FFwd. I just have to remember to reboot it when I want to. They could at least add a reboot function to the menu until they fix the dead box issue.

The dead box issue is getting better with the latest firmware... other problems are around, but the dead is fixed I think or at least it was for me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts