FyreTV Beta Testing (Please Read)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got the box yesterday and I was really impressed with the setup. I set it right on top of my ITVN box, changed the network cables and I was ready to go!

First of all the remote sucks. The range was very limited until I got the bright idea of installing fresh new batteries which seemed to help alot! Other than that the remote layout is pretty hard to follow, the buttons are too small and its very hard to navigate.

Im impressed with everything else, the only real issue I have is getting the content to load.

Im on a 8 Meg comcast internet connection, and im constantly getting "server timed out" messages, and even as of this morning I got a message saying I had to pay $$$ for credits.

I have no issue paying, but I really have not had a chance to really use it and maybe watched a few minutes of 3-4 scenes.
Claude,

The FyreTV BETA program is completely free, PM me the serial number located on the bottom of the box below the zip code and the email address you used to register and I will rectify this issue. Follow the steps below to see if it solves your timeout issue.

Indicates a loss of network connection or a network connectivity issue. The Enter PIN screen and the User Interface have been cached on the FyreTV Boxxx, just because you are able to access these screens doesn't mean your box is configured correctly. To resolve the issue follow the steps below.

* First proceed to the "network configuration" option on the Enter PIN screen > keep the "automatic (DHCP)" option checked > hit the "apply" button to reconfigure the network settings, if this option corrects the issue you will receive a "DCHP configuration has been set successfully" message. If this does not work proceed to the following steps.

1) Remove the power from the DSL / Cable modem and or the router if present and leave everything unplugged for 5 seconds

2) Remove the Ethernet cable and power cord from the back of the FyreTV Boxxx

3) Plug in the modem and allow it to reconfigure itself (wait for modem to reconfigure before proceeding to step 4 if necessary)

4) Plug in the router if present and allow it to reconfigure itself

5) Plug the Ethernet cable into the back of the FyreTV Boxxx

6) Plug the power cord into the back of the FyreTV Boxxx, wait 5 seconds and turn on the FyreTV Boxxx.

The bad thing was each time this happened I had to unlock the box, and then either find the movie they were watching, or look for another movie to watch.
There's a watched selection under the video menu that will take you right to the movie you were watching.

Finally got mine up and running and all I can say is this thing is awesome. Setup is very easy. You don't need a setup manual. Simply plug in the color cables into their corresponding color jack. In 2008 people should know how to do this by now. I found the menu system to be fast and quite intuitive. The video quality is exceptional. I think this product is ready for retail. The only glitch I saw was that only half of the categories populated. I turned the system off and on and the problem persisted.

Can you imagine the logistics of adding content? I bet it is quite daunting process.

BTW, you can buy an ethernet cable splitter for those of you who have both FyreTV and ITVN and one network cable.

still haveing the same problem. videos load when searching no problem and start the first 10 to 15 seconds no problem. then the box freezes and either reboots are sets me back to the scene select.

BTW, you can buy an ethernet cable splitter for those of you who have both FyreTV and ITVN and one network cable.

You will want to go to your local computer store and ask for a network switch. A 5 port linksys is around 30 bucks... plug your internet into the "uplink" and connect other stuff into the other ports.

You could save a few bucks and get a hub, but I personally recommend the switch, and it will be faster, since it does full duplex, and does not broadcast packets to every port.

I can't log onto the fyre forums. I can log on but I am not able to post. Most forums show as "
"private". URL for activation is invalid. Sent email to forum mod for help, no reply.

Their website forums sux! I can't post my observations there. What more can I do? I guess I'm done with my beta, unless I can get onto the fyre website forums to post my observations.

I can't post info here as it is a family forum. Why should I post here anyway as fyre should have a working support system up and running.

You need to register for theit forums, it is quick and free. It is a seperate registration then for the beta test. Then you should be able to log in.

I noticed a problem where the receiver (when coupled with the Onkyo 605) displays at 1/3 screen on full or wide. When hooked up to the tv even the one that is supposed to be in wide screen appears at half screen like an SD program. I have changed settings (wide to full, full to wide) and no adjustment. I have seen no widescreen output and that is using Component to TV, HDMI to TV, HDMI to receiver, and Component to receiver.

As posted in the FyrTV Review Threads:

Only 2 movies so far that I saw were in 16x9. Try The 1st movie that defaults; Housewives #4 especially if you like Kylie Ireland. As far as I can tell the ever 4x3 movies include the pillars so your display thinks is getting the 16x9 image; so no auto-stretch.

I wonder if something is wrong with my box then... I'll take pictures later and post them in the pub's backroom but the menu is not widescreen it is SD 4:3, videos that are full screen appear even thinner than that. The default video also appears 4:3 but a full SD 4:3 not the extreme pillarboxing that I'm seeing. I have checked and I do have the widescreen checked. I've also tried the hidden menu on the Onkyo605 to force upconversion with no luck. It's having a similar problem to that of the Wii hooked up to the 605 (but with a direct connection to my tv as well) where it is telling it that it should be widescreen but it is maybe sending a 480i connection?

You need to register for theit forums, it is quick and free. It is a seperate registration then for the beta test. Then you should be able to log in.

I HAVE registered for the forums, I stated that above. I can log onto the forums but they are all marked PRIVATE except for the announcement ones. I signed up back when the board 1st rolled out and was the white background.

I received an activation email but the URL in it was invalid, therefore I cannot "activate" my account, I guess.

I DO NOT see any "register" link to try and re-register. Even if I logout, I cannot find one. There are statements to register and have access but I cannot find any link. I cannot find a way to resend the activation email.

I emailed a mod but there is no reply and it looks like the mods rarely post there. :confused:

I have looked at in in FF & IE and cannot find a register link. If you could show me the page for it or a link, I'll see what I can do.

Ok here are some images (clean so they are safe to post in the non-pub room) showing my problem:

The one is the menu which shows that it does not go widescreen (My tv's wide mode is set to Normal, the same setting I use for BD and Xbox)

The second image is from Cheating Housewives 4 (the only confirmed widescreen video) and you can see it is pillar boxed. This is with the box set to widescreen mode.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Attachments

• P1020970.JPG
    P1020970.JPG
    580.6 KB · Views: 258
  • P1020966.JPG
    P1020966.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 229
Maybe i am missing it, is there a way to simply view all the available titles alphabetically? Other than that, Got love satelliteguys for allowing me this wonderful opportunity.

Ok here are some images (clean so they are safe to post in the non-pub room) showing my problem:

The one is the menu which shows that it does not go widescreen (My tv's wide mode is set to Normal, the same setting I use for BD and Xbox)

The second image is from Cheating Housewives 4 (the only confirmed widescreen video) and you can see it is pillar boxed. This is with the box set to widescreen mode.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

1. How are you connected?

2. Since the FyreTV box is set to 16x9; what are the other display options for the TV?

I HAVE registered for the forums, I stated that above. I can log onto the forums but they are all marked PRIVATE except for the announcement ones. I signed up back when the board 1st rolled out and was the white background.

I received an activation email but the URL in it was invalid, therefore I cannot "activate" my account, I guess.

I DO NOT see any "register" link to try and re-register. Even if I logout, I cannot find one. There are statements to register and have access but I cannot find any link. I cannot find a way to resend the activation email.

I emailed a mod but there is no reply and it looks like the mods rarely post there. :confused:

I have looked at in in FF & IE and cannot find a register link. If you could show me the page for it or a link, I'll see what I can do.

I was looking for that too. I went back to my activation under the beta testing and found that I had put in a forum name. That was the only way I found it. If you still have all your emails look at the registration after activation and see if it is on there.

1. How are you connected?

2. Since the FyreTV box is set to 16x9; what are the other display options for the TV?

Pic 1 is component to tv, Pic 2 is HDMI to tv.

TV Display Modes are: Normal (HD), Full (What I Use to put SD in full screen), Partial Zoom, Zoom

I see no difference when I change to 4:3 or Widescreen

Scott

I got my box today and hooked it up but the pin I used is invalid. I tried emailing Fyretv with not success. Do you have a person I can contact?

Attention SatelliteGuys FyreTV Beta Testers:

The folks at FyreTV are looking to set up their own forum for Beta Testers, however this forum is not currently online.

If you are a SatelliteGuys FyreTV Beta Tester, please post all bug reports and suggestions here to SatelliteGuys.US and the folks from FyreTV will see them.

We look forward to your reports and comments which will help make FyreTV better for all!

Thanks for being a SatelliteGuys Member! Enjoy your FyreTV Service!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)