G10r dying?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cralt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
Waterbury, CT
I was just searching around with google and came accross this site..

http://www.skyrocket.de/space/index_frame.htm?http://www.skyrocket.de/space/doc_sdat/galaxy-4r.htm

It talks about G10r's problems...

"Galaxy 10R has lost both its primary and its secondary XIPS system in August 2004, probably reducing the remaing life to 3 years."

Since this is the second G10 does the R stand for replacement?

Could the reson I cant get G10r with my motor is that its falling out of the sky? I /KNEW/ I wasnt the one messing up.. :D ;)

Galaxy 10R

Don't blame the satellite. Galaxy 10R is working fine. It's end of life is estimated to be 2008 and is scheduled to be replaced in the third quarter of 2007 by Galaxy 18. Perhaps you are blocked by trees or buildings or you are off the arc.

I am talking The Tube.... DFreq : 11720 at 75% quality! Seems my USALS was out slightly, now using DiSEqC 1.2 for G10R : )

size of dish? 40?

reason I ask is I don't want people with a 30" getting their hopes up only to maybe be disappointed

Dish size 33" across X 37" high, using the Invacom LNBF of course, just my usual motorized system.

NOT the 40" I use that for C-band ONLY. Getting MUCH better results there as well after getting some time to reset the LNBF.

PSB said:
NOT the 40" I use that for C-band ONLY. Getting MUCH better results there as well after getting some time to reset the LNBF.

We expect updates in your 40" thread! ;)

I have problem here with G10. I only get Fox, Upn and some university channels. All the other are between 0 and 30% quality. Fox and Upn are 50 and up.

Is the other transponders always weaker like that ?

Yes they always seem to be weaker, I get FOX at 99% and The Tube at 75% Quality.

barney_555 said:
I have problem here with G10. I only get Fox, Upn and some university channels. All the other are between 0 and 30% quality. Fox and Upn are 50 and up.

Is the other transponders always weaker like that ?
While the signal quality on the other tps is low, you should still be able to pull them in. Try re-peaking your dish, and check lnbf skew. good luck :)

My dish is motorized, so I suppose the LNBF skew is correct.

It seems to be a big difference in signals power between the transponders. Fox and Upn are perfect, the rest below 30%. It's really bad, there is lot of stuff I would like there (spanish ch and RTN).

The Canada thing might have something to do with it, barney_555.
My 30" dish was having trouble keeping the weaker TP's steady until I upgraded to the Invacom. I see you have a 36" and the Invacom, that should help out... but maybe it's a North thing.

barney_555 said:
My dish is motorized, so I suppose the LNBF skew is correct.
I would still double check to see if your lnbf has moved since installation. Also try moving the lnbf towards and away from the dish to find the perfect focal point. I have no problem getting a low, but watchable, signal quality on those tps with a 30" dish/.5 db ku lnbf, 1 hour south from montreal.

I have problem with G10R too

drhydro said:
I would still double check to see if your lnbf has moved since installation. Also try moving the lnbf towards and away from the dish to find the perfect focal point. I have no problem getting a low, but watchable, signal quality on those tps with a 30" dish/.5 db ku lnbf, 1 hour south from montreal.

Do you use a motor or not? If you use a motor and make peak on the weak signals on G10R, you will lost the arc and you won't able to get all the satellites. I have the same problem with 11720 V with my SG-2100 motor and a 30" dish. I'm sure my setup arc is right because I get all the satellites from 61.5°W to 148.0°W. But I can't get enough signals for 11720 V on G10R.

something isnt right with the setup

I can get from 58-148 with no issues.....11720 V is around a 45 for me on the Pansat :)

Well, I don't know about my setup : I can track from Telstar 12 at 15degW to G10R at 123degW.
On G10R, Fox and 4-5 others are 50+ in quality but the majority are 0-30.

Maybe move my LNBF a bit... I can't see other things to do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)