G10R Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The weather there looks good now, if it was the weather shouldn't the signal be back to normal now? (Unless their uplink dish is slightly out of alignment)

Its been down in Q about a week now so weather isn't the issue. I lost 15 points on Q with weather good here & there. Something isn't right.

Were suppose to get another 12 inches of snow today, right now it's iceing. I don't see playing with my dishes in any immediate future:( Short of keeping the snow and ice out.!sadroll

We got the freezing rain/ice pellets during the day, and now are getting the snow. Out with the broom brushing off the dishes (though the snow isn't causing a lot of signal loss, it is not the heavy wet kind that really can kill the signal).

With my 1.2 Meter dish and Pansat 3500 (I don't like the Coolsats meter :() the signal has dropped from 90% to 86% signal quality.

Here is the BLSA scan of 123 Vertical vs. 121 Vertical:

Looking at your SA image of both satellites Echo 121 is fired up. I think they are a 120 watt bird and G-10 is a 100 watt bird so that don't help. It seems that 121 is peaking higher than 123 so either Equity is backed off on uplink power or the stronger 121 bird is doing it to us. Maybe Equity has the issues.

I thought G-10 was suppose to be replaced? A new bird would be able to give 121 a run for its money. :)

Didn't we put up an orbital missile platform during the cold war? Maybe it should come out of retirement, and use 121w for target practice :eureka

Charlie and Echostar are renegade dictators. How does one deal with goverments as such !protest

Last Sunday 11720/27690 was coming in at 56-100, today it is about 45-100. (Could be weather related as we are to get more snow today)

According to the Intelsat website, Galaxy 18, G10R's replacement, is to be launched next month sometime.

If they are going to change over to DVB-S2, then I wounder if it will be done at the same time or will they take it a step at a time to prevent multiple problems. Still have to find a good DVB-S2 card, hopefully in North America. Anyone found any good deals yet? Don't want to be without my RTN feeds.

According to the Intelsat website, Galaxy 18, G10R's replacement, is to be launched next month sometime.

I can't wait!!! :D

Added this from Lyngsat (see attched)

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
If they are going to change over to DVB-S2, then I wounder if it will be done at the same time or will they take it a step at a time to prevent multiple problems.

I don't think DVB-S2 will happen overnight. We still have time.

My galaxy 10r trasponder 11720/v/27692 has not been working for more than a week that's about 16 channels missing that's bad. the signal quality is jumping from 1 to 27-21-18-and so on. the rest of the sats working just fine. hi to everybody.

I was having trouble with 11720 last week. I have been having switch problems and I was blaming it on that. After seeing this, I am not so sure.
Hey jim, Just noticed you are a flyboy!!......I was with the 53rd CCSG mobile operations "MOB SQUAD" Patrick AFB Cocoa Beach Fla 1984-88

My Galaxy10R is locked at 61% on 11720 a week ago it was at 49% and I never touched it.........

Just joining the club. I can't get any KU signals from G10R anymore. On the C band side the outdoor channel 2 HD is banging the quality meter at 94 so my dish is properly aligned

signal and quality hints for G10r feeds

here is the key to g10r....
1. the sat is about to die a painful death and will be replaced in a few months
2. make sure to set pole to null not to peak
3. never peak during the out of box times
4. check little rock weather , if it's bad g10r will be down in level

quick note...we are moving fast towards mpeg4 ( many already on g26...so be prepared...we love the fta world but dvb s2 , 8psk and mpeg4 give us more bang for the buck....oh and did anyone notice katv ?
Gary

Good tips Gary! I almost never think of #4, and as for #3, I used to know how to find that info but not sure if I could now lol. Wonder how many know about "the box" anyway.

Gary, I love KATV... I'm sure its temporary (until they get their antenna back up), but its great while its here! How much of a warning do you think we'll have before the S2 switchover?

At least I can aim my OTA to my local RTN - KWWF.......I NEED to get an Mpeg-4 receiver - is there any out there?

I'll let ya know Friday. I bought a Diamond HD and its is supposed to do MPEG4 8psk. but I need the info to enter it, it has NO scan abiity of any kind I am told. Stay tuned.:up

here is the key to g10r....
1. the sat is about to die a painful death and will be replaced in a few months
2. make sure to set pole to null not to peak
3. never peak during the out of box times
4. check little rock weather , if it's bad g10r will be down in level

quick note...we are moving fast towards mpeg4 ( many already on g26...so be prepared...we love the fta world but dvb s2 , 8psk and mpeg4 give us more bang for the buck....oh and did anyone notice katv ?
Gary
Tell me more about 2 & 3, what do you mean by set pole to null, and what is a box time?
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts