Status
Please reply by conversation.

schnitz411

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2008
Hi all-
Followup on post from last week.
Using a Coolsat 7100 (with dish pointing by a motorola 4DTV). Doing blind scans on Galaxy 26...I am finding some stuff, but never what I expect. Most baffling is that almost everything seems to be on a frequency (at least if i am reading the screen right) that is lower then anything on the lyngsat list.
For example, just now hit some news stuff on 11007H and 11132H, but on lyngsat there isn't anything till 11711.
I am almost certain the dish is pointed correctly and the signal runs straight to the coolsat (the 4dtv gets its feed through the coolsat but is connected to the dish motor).
Any thoughts.
A very confused newbie.

Sound like you are using a Standard LNB vs. a Universal.
LNB Type: Standard
L.O.: 10750

Look on the LBN for the L.O. settings to confirm

Lyngsat doesn't know everything.... But, those numbers are Universal numbers, like Lak ask, what are your settings in the Coolsat, and what lnb or lnbf are you using.

LNB is a Pat 1208HA would that be a standard as opposed to a universal?

Rerunning searches no. Got similar results as before with new LNB settings on coolsat.
Per a prior suggestion also tried flipping the channel on the 4dtv and am rescanning again.
i've seen a feeed or two from Fox that are identifiable but thats about it of the 40 the blind scan finds that actually are viewable.

Seems like I'm on the right bird right? the issue is the box and not if the dish is pointed properly?

Hmm...it is getting the Macys feeds (at least what it thinks is macys although they are blank right now) and those are G26...im starting to think this has something to do with how the two receivers and the dish are wired together.

Sorry... I'm seeing G26 as in Galaxy 26, but thinking G25 as in 97W. :)

If you're seeing Macy's channels, you're definitely on G26 93W.

I don't know about seeing Fox type stuff on G26, but you could see CBS news related stuff there.

Victory! finally found things that made sense there. Bizzarely it doesn't seem to matter which way I have the LNB settings but I'm leaving them on standard.
Now back top finding the rest of the birds on the 4dtv which just has very poor pointing....

Sorry... I'm seeing G26 as in Galaxy 26, but thinking G25 as in 97W. :)

If you're seeing Macy's channels, you're definitely on G26 93W.

I don't know about seeing Fox type stuff on G26, but you could see CBS news related stuff there.

On my Merc II, 12007/H/3984 contains a channel labelled "FOX News". It's test card, though, shows CBS-H TV CITY . That could be some of the confusion.
:)

I sometimes would have to bump my BUD one way or the other when trying to lock ku-Band as opposed to relation to C-Band locations. I finally got a dedicated ku (1.2m) dish for watching ku with. It makes it much easier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)