Galaxy 18 and 27?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, I used to have my P* dish pointed @ 123.0w with an extra lnbf pointed @ 129.0w. Since 125.0w has come to life, I couldn't get an lnbf close enough to work with the P* as it is. I thought about pointing the P* @ 129 and having the other 2 lnbf's point @ 123.0w & 125.0w. But, I had an extra 90cm dish laying around and opted to point it @ 125.0w & 129.0w, while keeping the P* as it was/is @ 123.0w.
Shorter answer..... Yes..!

Yep I'm doing that myself.
I prefer 123W on the main LNB and placing 129 just off to the east of that LNB (remember you'll be reflecting)
When the sun rises I'll go take some pictures of my dish to post specifically the LNB's.

However the setup is so common that a little use of the forum search should show alot of old posts with pictures of that setup.

Finding the spot is/was difficult for me with just a analog (squealer) meter.
I was better at setting the Coolsat and TV outside with me and watching S/Q meter as I moved the LNB about.

Skew: 129W (for me) is about 5 degrees further than 123W so keeping the LNB tilted like the 123W LNB is a good point of reference.

EDIT: Okay here is mine (since I don't think I've seen anybody try to do this with a C120 flange LNB as one of the positions)

The pic is of the LNB's looking from the dish
The overly large one is what I was referring to as a C120 flange
The smaller one is a Geosatpro UL1

123W is my True south.
Since these are at the top of the arc for me the satellites are spaced farther apart, making this easier.

Attachments

• 1218081421a.jpg
    1218081421a.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
I use to have 119/123/129 set up

119 for NASA
123 for G18
129 for WSTV

works real well....since WSTV is pretty strong signal it shouldnt be too hard :)

I think I'm going to try adding 129 to my g18 dish. Is there any rule of thumb for lnb spacing?In this example 6 degrees would be so many inches, that would make tryng to find it a little easier.

That depends on the dish you're planning to use. The size and shape of the dish will change the position of the added LNB. Before making a bracket I'd just hold the LNB in your hand and see if you can pick up what you want first to see approximately where you'd need to position the new LNB.

TVroPro - beautiful work!
I can't believe I didn't complement you on it back in 2007.
Well, it's never too late. - :cool:

I think I'm going to try adding 129 to my g18 dish. Is there any rule of thumb for lnb spacing?In this example 6 degrees would be so many inches, that would make trying to find it a little easier.
I've been known to take a ruler to pictures posted by other members (certainly some of Linuxmans, see below) and knowing how big his LNB is, measure the distance.
Then, knowing what birds he was shooting, it's possible to estimate spacing for other satellites.
That's very dependent on how close the satellites are to your horizon, versus overhead.
See page 5 of the AMC-21 thread for some examples.

Here's some good reading, if you are up for it.
MJflash and his math to put two LNBs on a single dish:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/89049-offset-lnbs-theory-practice.html

Linuxman and dual Sky Mexico LNBs on 87 / 97
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/99108-87w-97w-primestar-84e-multi-lnbf.html

Linuxman and dual LNBs on 123 / 129
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/97742-123w-129w-1-meter-primestar.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)