gabshere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2006
Rison , Arkansas
its overcast here in arkansas but i did notice my signals on galaxy 18 are up

11.800 is at 93% signal level and 94% quality
normally my levels are at 80% on my coolsat 5000

94 quality here too on my Coolsat 5000. I don't know if that is up or down because I don't go there often but I don't ever remember it being that high before.

Wow! I'm seeing 67% SQ on 11718 here in SW MO...usually runs 30-35%, which is borderline pixellating on my Visionsat. :up

Seeing about 62% on 11798...usually in the mid-40s.

Mine was up last night, haven't looked today. Could Equity have gotten their act together? I hope so.

Mine was up last night, haven't looked today. Could Equity have gotten their act together? I hope so.

SQ was still way up here about an hour ago, it's overcast and drizzling, never would have gotten a lock in weather like this before the power went up. :)

I just checked, my levels are up to where they were back on G-10 last summer. I hope this isn't short lived? I've been avoiding watching the Equity mux's if the weather is bad here since it don't take much to knock them out.

Mine hasn't changed at all since I set my dish up a week ago. At least not on the transponders I posted in my thread "LNB Adapter"

Edit: scratch that - I just looked at 11792H - it is booming at 82 on the CS5000.

Last edited:
I read here when G18 was sent up, that it would be a month or two before they would really be running off of it. Could this be what is happening now. Because I have notice the signal way up as well.:up

I read here when G18 was sent up, that it would be a month or two before they would really be running off of it. Could this be what is happening now. Because I have notice the signal way up as well.:up

No the change to G-18 was done a while ago. The first day ALL the channels were burning up the sky with signal. Then they made adjustments and Equity went way down, less than on G-10. Within the last few days Equity has come back up some. I even realigned my dish after G-18 went up there thinking I may be off a tad. It turned out that my dish was right on the money and I wasted my time. I think Equity has been running with reduced power or there uplink dish has not been in pointed in the box right.

I hope it keeps up

I hope this signal keeps up. A while back like in spring the neighbors tree sprung up and killed signal on G10. Thought it was a dish allighment. No other sats work great. Though down from normal. But after checking a few minutes. Oh wow all the channels are back and good. I have been telling myself for months I'm going to get a bucket and some cement. Plant the Musak dish in it and put it in the open just FOR 18.

thanks for the post,

Later,

Josh

Don't anybody tell them!

Best Equity SQ I've had since I put up the Winegard almost a year ago.:D

Hope they don't find out.:eek:

Best Ever! G18

Today in Chicago we have heavy rain and 12114 is giving me 65/65. Never had signals on any channel that strong. Even the weaker transponders are solid. This on a 76 cm dish.:cool::D

With every new satellite launch, Ku and C Bands should be stronger with advances in VLSI technology.:hatsoff:

Too bad NPR and PBS are in the dark ages, leaving us there to.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Here Pizza dish is subscription service in UK Pie dish is FTA.:confused:

With increased market advertisers should be paying more. !?:hungry:

It would be great if KU Band services modeled after Eurpean FTA Market.:bow

Enjoy it whle it lasts.:bounce

Still trying to find it!

I am just getting started and have been trying to get G18 to come in.
I'm getting a great signal from E*9 next door and did catch 18 once today but didn't get anything when I ran the channel search.

I am just getting started and have been trying to get G18 to come in.
I'm getting a great signal from E*9 next door and did catch 18 once today but didn't get anything when I ran the channel search.
{<

:eureka {11800 - V - 26657}>}

This is a very strong transponder similar to DN signals.:cool:

123 G18 is well worth the effort.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)