Galaxy 19 help please

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hahaha I'm going to try it with a laptop that has a hdmi port, that should work right? Yeah the cable running inside is too short, I can try connecting the wires with a 1 to 1 connector? While I wait for my friend to get here with the laptop

And always power down the receiver when disconnecting/connecting the coax.

The dish is aimed WAY to high. Likely it is aimed above the satellite by 20-30 degrees.

How are you measuring the elevation angle? Please take a photo of both sides of the bracket on the back of the dish. Is there an elevation scale or scales?

Place the receiver and a TV next to the dish where you can watch the Signal Quality meter reading. I guaranty 100% that you will NOT be successful with the TV inside the house and running back and forth.

Connect the LNBF directly to the receiver with a single coax cable and no switches, no splitters, no other devices. Make sure the settings are still correct in the install menu for the satellite, LNB type, LO Frequency, Transponder and 22KHz. Any one of these incorrect setting will prevent receiving the satellite.

I'm working on getting the TV to work outside, it's a different TV and it's finicky had to change settings on the receiver. I have been positioning with literally almost everything you can think of and zero signal now. It's worrying me

The fact that nothing is appearing on the signal meter is concerning to me as well but I also say to disconnect any splitters in use. Another problem is you might not be using RG-6 or similar 75 ohm TV coax. DO NOT USE RG-59! It does not pass power at all which is needed for the LNB to both function and switch its polarity. You should be seeing somewhere between 10% and 50% on the signal meter when nothing is locked, this basically means the LNB is working.

Reactions: fred555
See email...but you will get it! Takes lots of patience your first time.

If tomorrow will be sunny weather, then you could easily check if your dish is pointed correctly to 97 W.
You will need to place small mirror (1/2", 3/4 or 1") on the dish's face, close to dish's center . Fasten it with a masking tape or electrical tape by its edges. Make sure the mirror back stays tightly to the dish's surface.
The Sun will be on azimuth 209 degree at 2.30 PM, tomorrow (for Tampa). Sun's altitude will be then 49.6 degree, which is 4 degree BELOW sat 97 W (for Tampa).
Sun's reflection from such small mirror should fall a few cm ABOVE LNBF's face at this hour.
You can check it by holding a piece of cardboard above LNBF.
Alternatively, you could lower the dish until the Sun's reflection shows up on LNBF's center, and later raise the elevation exactly by 4 degrees, using markings on the dish's bracket. Not changing azimuth, accidentally.
This simple test will make sure that your dish is pointed correctly.
Cheers, polgyver

Reactions: Tampa Florida
When you find the satellite or get close, the Quality reading will start to shoot upward.

If you are having a hard time finding it, I would move the dish slowly up then down, then rotate the dish to the left or right just a slight bit, then repeat up then down, rotate slightly in the same direction each time, Watching the Quality meter the entire time. Kind of like a pattern search or grid search of a section of sky.
Once you tune your first sat, it will be easier each time.

Bettter hurry, The Classic show "Naked City" just came on Retro TV on G19.

Reactions: Tampa Florida
Are the LNB holders supposed to be mounted on top of the support arms? I've never seen a Tokyosat dish so maybe it's correct but it doesn't look right to me.

Ernie

I think she is going through what I told her in email and you told her fred555 to move back and forth and lower elevation a bit and move and forth...rinse and repeat.

Thank all of you guys so much for your help! I didn't forget about yall, it's working!!! I had to rewire my living room ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.