Gameplan

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Roger

Roger

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 11, 2003
844
0
I see that DTV is offering that for $109 as an early bird special. I find this kind of high, I thought it would be like 89 or 99. What do you think?
 
iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
7,391
144
daytona beach
it's been $99 for, at least, the past 2 seasons that i had it.
 
nuts4scuba

nuts4scuba

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
540
1
OKC
it's gone up again. same price on dish. it is the price shown on espn's site. 119.00 if you don't get earlybird. if you buy it by the week it is 19.95.
 
I

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 16, 2006
569
0
nuts4scuba said:
it's gone up again. same price on dish. it is the price shown on espn's site. 119.00 if you don't get earlybird. if you buy it by the week it is 19.95.

Anyone ever try the online version and hooked it up to their tv? I have a computer input on my LCD TV but it would take some sort of 25 ft monster cable to go from my computer to the TV. Are there wireless options?
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
$109 high vs $99? Its only $10: 1 less soda or hamburger each month should cover it or just 1 less night out / trip to the movies for the entire year will easily do it.
 
I

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 16, 2006
569
0
charper1 said:
$109 high vs $99? Its only $10: 1 less soda or hamburger each month should cover it or just 1 less night out / trip to the movies for the entire year will easily do it.

I remember last year they offered a few games online they didn't through tv.
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
Then that would be because they were not given broadcast rights to those games; which happens quite a bit for the NCAA stuff. I am sure they will have almost all of the quality games.
 
satjay

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
12,676
846
Michigan
I was thinking og getting that package......But there is alot of college ball during on saturday already........Though it would be nice to get the big games that may not be in my shown in my area.
 
I

igator99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 16, 2006
569
0
satjay said:
I was thinking og getting that package......But there is alot of college ball during on saturday already........Though it would be nice to get the big games that may not be in my shown in my area.

Anyone know of a wireless option to get it from the computer to a LCD TV with a computer input? I know radio shack has a 25 foot cable but that isn't something you want to have lying around the house.
 
jimmiepens

jimmiepens

Member
Jul 1, 2006
9
0
Charper1,
I see that you continually defend D*...the fact is, that $10 represents a 10% increase. Is D* compensating us with 10% better service for this? I think not. Would you just sit back and accept a 10% increase in your phone bill, electrice bill, gas bill, etc...with no explanation or increase in service? Bottom line is that D* knows that NFL fans are truly fanatics and will most likely pay out the ear for the chance to watch their hometown team without having to go to a bar and sit with 200 other drunk fans who may be cheering against them. I would at least want an explanation as to what I am getting for the increase?
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
A simple cost increase (fuel, utilities, insurance, carriage agreements, wages, etc ) to them being partially or mostly past on to us. Easy as that, same as with all the other items you listed. Happens every day, on nearly every item we buy, and like everything else, if you don't agree, don't buy. Simple market economics. I also defend some on Dish Network as well; most of you guys lose any common sense and simple economic ideas you should have; you have some weird thinking that DBS should be free (or damn near) for some odd reason; maybe because its only TV.
 
Last edited:
jimmiepens

jimmiepens

Member
Jul 1, 2006
9
0
Charper1,
10% is not what I call a simple cost increase. Standard COL is somewhere around 2.5%. If they want to pass that along to us, then I will accpet as an increase in the cost of running the business. What is the other 7.5% for?

I have never received an unexplained 10% price increase on any other service being provided to me without an explanation or an increase in the level of that service.

Please dont include me in your "most of you guys" statements as they dont apply here. Saying that throws you into that same "shoot from the hip" group that you are continually defending D* against.

I dont mind getting screwed...just kiss me before you do it D*!!!!
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
COL is a rate for residential consumers not commercial, give me their standard operating cost increases. You could always reduce or cancel your service. That would be a great vote with you buying power against the increase.
 
Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
65,976
5,358
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
jimmiepens said:
Charper1,
10% is not what I call a simple cost increase. Standard COL is somewhere around 2.5%. If they want to pass that along to us, then I will accpet as an increase in the cost of running the business. What is the other 7.5% for?

I have never received an unexplained 10% price increase on any other service being provided to me without an explanation or an increase in the level of that service.

Please dont include me in your "most of you guys" statements as they dont apply here. Saying that throws you into that same "shoot from the hip" group that you are continually defending D* against.

I dont mind getting screwed...just kiss me before you do it D*!!!!
Have you looked lately to see how many years in a row your CABLE company adds and increase, without calling you to explain themselves.
If my bill goes up if it's reasonable, I don't worry about it.
btw, you are talking about an EXTRA not normal programming.
Seeing it is exrta, they can charge what they want, if you don't want it, pick up the phone and cancel it....
It's really pretty easy....
They offer you programming in packages, you chose the package you want and tell the person on the other end of the phone line and Wala, it's turned on, you want exrtas, you get them the same way.... you can always turmn stuff off....
Also, someone has to pay for the new satellites up there and that 10% is not going to cover it.
I personally want more HD programming and it looks like it is starting to take shape.

Jimbo
 
C

chazcbh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 6, 2004
174
0
The market shows that people will pay $109 they are going to charge $109. Look at gas prices $3 a gallon. Everyone was going to cut back not drive as much. We Americans have not slowed down at all. Which means we will be at $4 soon enough. They will charge what ever people will pay. When gas went from $2 to $3overnight that was a lot more then a 10% increase huh?

It is all your choice. Buy it or don't.
 
Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
65,976
5,358
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
chazcbh said:
The market shows that people will pay $109 they are going to charge $109. Look at gas prices $3 a gallon. Everyone was going to cut back not drive as much. We Americans have not slowed down at all. Which means we will be at $4 soon enough. They will charge what ever people will pay. When gas went from $2 to $3overnight that was a lot more then a 10% increase huh?

It is all your choice. Buy it or don't.

Yes , but getting to work and such are nessesities.....

Jimbo
 
Roger

Roger

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 11, 2003
844
0
I will order Gameplan but just got done paying for ST so I've been paying a lot lately for TV. I wasn't really complaining just a little disappointed. There is a lot of "free" college games on but at times my local ABC shows a boring game and some become blowouts so it's nice to see a top match-up rather than a 2nd rate regional Conference match-up.

As for gas prices this is not market demand but an essential service where there is no alternative so we are getting screwed. Some people have cut back while others just give more of their income to these greedy bastards while skimping on other things like food, clothes, entertainment, and saving etc. The big oil companies also bought up almost all private refineries and closed many as well while not building any new ones in decades so this is nothing but price fixind and you haven't seen the end of it because these people want $150 a barrel (42 gallons) according to what Kissinger allegedly said at a Bilderburg meeting two years ago. Look at the author who wrote the book "The non-energy crisis" who use to be an insider and these prices have been planned for years and all of his predictions have come true for at least a decade now so this is not market demand in any way, shape, or form.
 
Jimbo

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
65,976
5,358
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Roger said:
I will order Gameplan but just got done paying for ST so I've been paying a lot lately for TV. I wasn't really complaining just a little disappointed. There is a lot of "free" college games on but at times my local ABC shows a boring game and some become blowouts so it's nice to see a top match-up rather than a 2nd rate regional Conference match-up.

As for gas prices this is not market demand but an essential service where there is no alternative so we are getting screwed. Some people have cut back while others just give more of their income to these greedy bastards while skimping on other things like food, clothes, entertainment, and saving etc. The big oil companies also bought up almost all private refineries and closed many as well while not building any new ones in decades so this is nothing but price fixind and you haven't seen the end of it because these people want $150 a barrel (42 gallons) according to what Kissinger allegedly said at a Bilderburg meeting two years ago. Look at the author who wrote the book "The non-energy crisis" who use to be an insider and these prices have been planned for years and all of his predictions have come true for at least a decade now so this is not market demand in any way, shape, or form.
I think the Market Demand was refering to the NFL package, not the gas prices.

Jimbo
 
JerryVolunteer

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
637
13
Memphis, TN
jimmiepens said:
Charper1,
10% is not what I call a simple cost increase. Standard COL is somewhere around 2.5%. If they want to pass that along to us, then I will accpet as an increase in the cost of running the business. What is the other 7.5% for?

I have never received an unexplained 10% price increase on any other service being provided to me without an explanation or an increase in the level of that service.

Please dont include me in your "most of you guys" statements as they dont apply here. Saying that throws you into that same "shoot from the hip" group that you are continually defending D* against.

I dont mind getting screwed...just kiss me before you do it D*!!!!

You must not have Bellsouth. They add price increases all the time without defending anything. I tend to agree with Charper1. It's only $10. It doenst bother me to pay $10 extra for more football that's a hell of a lot better then having to pay more phone services...
 
riffjim4069

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
35,251
327
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
There should be more Big Ten games on the ESPN channels this year. This fact, along with the $109 price tag, prompted me to discontinue my GamePlan subscription this year.
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Similar threads

Wesro
  • Locked
Replies
30
Views
3K
jb14075
J
Ronnie-
  • Locked
Replies
6
Views
1K
Ronnie-
Ronnie-
Oskee I
Replies
7
Views
2K
osu1991
osu1991
S
  • Locked
Replies
2
Views
1K
JerryVolunteer
JerryVolunteer
Wesro
Replies
10
Views
2K
Ronnie-
Ronnie-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top