Gameplan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I am interested in ordering the Alabama ppv football game this weekend. I called DirecTV last night and the lady said they no longer offer Gameplan by the week. I would have to buy the single game or order the whole Gameplan package. Is this correct?

Thanks

I'm not sure as to your question, but be warned. If you live in the state of Alabama, it will be blacked out on the regular gameplan channel. You will still have to pay for the PPV.

I'm not sure as to your question, but be warned. If you live in the state of Alabama, it will be blacked out on the regular gameplan channel. You will still have to pay for the PPV.

This is correct. If you live in Bama, getting gameplan is worthless to you to see just the Bama games. Just buy the single game ppv. I had to do this last year.

Can I buy the Alabama game through directv.com or do I need to order with my remote?
Last year you could not get them online. Not sure about through the remote.

I always had to call. They will try to stick you with a convenience fee, but they dropped it every time I ordered last year.

So, I just called DirecTV and the response I got was hopefully wrong. The CSR told me I could not order just the Alabama game by itself. I would have to first order ESPN Gameplan then I could order the Alabama game by itself on top of Gameplan.

Please tell me this isn't right.

So, I just called DirecTV and the response I got was hopefully wrong. The CSR told me I could not order just the Alabama game by itself. I would have to first order ESPN Gameplan then I could order the Alabama game by itself on top of Gameplan.

Please tell me this isn't right.
This is not correct.
You can order a single game ppv, but you may have to wait until game day to do it. Which is what I did last year.
Find out what channel number it is on and the time then call and order.

Most CSRs were clueless on this last year, so I am not suprised that you got that answer.

This is not correct.
You can order a single game ppv, but you may have to wait until game day to do it. Which is what I did last year.
Find out what channel number it is on and the time then call and order.

Most CSRs were clueless on this last year, so I am not suprised that you got that answer.

Just curious. How come since your in Mississippi you have to order the game separately. Shouldn't you get it with Gameplan?

Just curious. How come since your in Mississippi you have to order the game separately. Shouldn't you get it with Gameplan?
I do live in Mississippi, but I "moved" to get birmingham locals for the alabama basketball games and such.

Sort of OT, but why do you guys think that some CSR's don't know these kind of answers to a PPV/GP question? That seems odd to me but I don't call DTV (CSR's) often. I think I've only talked to a CSR 2-3 times since '99 but I remember a similar incident when I had to call last summer shortly after I upgraded to DTV HD svc. I wasn't receiving the MLB EI HD feeds since they hadn't authorized me for the "SF" equivalent of EI. If I recall, they've done away with that requirement for MLB HD access. Anyway, the 1st CSR kept trying "re-hits" to get the EI HD feeds active. I suspected at the time that the problem was with the EI extra (HD) option. I called again and got a CSR that said "yep, that's right". All's well that ended well but I admit I'm a little surprised that some CSR's don't know this kind of stuff.

I'm temped to get that 'Bama PPV game as well but haven't yet bought any PPV from DTV. "Roll Tide".

Sort of OT, but why do you guys think that some CSR's don't know these kind of answers to a PPV/GP question?

Because when I called the CSR today he was wrong. I can't speak for DirecTV but with the times I have dealt with them the CSR's are not trained very well.

Hmmm, this makes me want to "move" to Fayetteville Tn. I would be able to keep Huntsville locals.

What if I have 'moved' to Atlanta? Figuratively speaking of course.

Depends on if you were in the spotbeam. If so, yes you would get the bama game with gameplan, but if thats all you want you would pay much more than just getting the ppv.

What all are you wanting from gameplan exactly? SEC games? If so it is a waste now IMO since they are all on somewhere basically.

Hmmm, this makes me want to "move" to Fayetteville Tn. I would be able to keep Huntsville locals.

No you would not keep the locals you had before. You would have one or the other, and "moving" only works if you are in the spotbeam of the area that you "move" to.

Because when I called the CSR today he was wrong. I can't speak for DirecTV but with the times I have dealt with them the CSR's are not trained very well.

Some are, some are not. It varies, but based on ordering these types of PPV last year, most do not have the info to tell you the correct info (to the guy that asked).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)