gateway timed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
Site is running rough this afternoon.Scott you working on it?

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I just hope that I do not come to the site to find that it is down due to crashed disk array or something. Something appears to lock it up for a while, like it is recovering from an error.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
If it was a disc issue it would be happening all the time.

It's something chewing on the database which is locking it up causing the error.

It always seems to happen when I am not In front of a computer when it happens, so I can never catch it to find out whats causing it. When the process is done the site returns to its normal speeds.

I wish I was better with MySQL so I could better track it down.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It is happening now...

And I am logged in and trying to figure out whats causing it. I am NOT going to stop it, so for a few minutes you may get a Gateway Timeout Error.

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Don't know if this is related but the basic image uploader for PC does not work, the url option still works though. Images from a PC can be uploaded by using the attachment tab with the paper clip logo only.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 85

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I was having issues with this earlier also. Maybe Scott has fixed it now. At least I know it was not just me, or something I was doing wrong.

Frank Jr.

Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Not working for me. Just tried. I normally use the attachment uploader under the "Go Advanced" Tab, that works fine. May be something with IE 10 or Windows 7. I would try another browser on a different machine but I have to shut things down. Big storm about to hit here. Once it passes I will try.

Frank Jr.

Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
Back up and running. Works fine on a Vista machine with Chrome. I didn't actually post the image, just went as far as the preview. Worked good. Must be something with IE 10 or Windows 7. I cleaned up all the files in the browser. Still doesn't work. Glad I can rule out a site issue. I will continue to use the advanced option. Sorry to bother you with this Scott. At least we now know. ;)

Thankfully the storm wasn't to bad for us.

Frank Jr.

Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
I found the issue to be with the Standard Document Mode for IE 10. While still using IE 10 but using IE 9 Document Mode the basic uploader works fine. When I go back to the Standard Document Mode for IE 10 the basic loader does not respond. Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I hate to risk of it happening again because I am posting... I have not seen the gateway timeout in over a day now, was there something fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)