gateway timed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Site is running rough this afternoon.Scott you working on it?

I just hope that I do not come to the site to find that it is down due to crashed disk array or something. Something appears to lock it up for a while, like it is recovering from an error.

If it was a disc issue it would be happening all the time.

It's something chewing on the database which is locking it up causing the error.

It always seems to happen when I am not In front of a computer when it happens, so I can never catch it to find out whats causing it. When the process is done the site returns to its normal speeds.

I wish I was better with MySQL so I could better track it down.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

It is happening now...

And I am logged in and trying to figure out whats causing it. I am NOT going to stop it, so for a few minutes you may get a Gateway Timeout Error.

Don't know if this is related but the basic image uploader for PC does not work, the url option still works though. Images from a PC can be uploaded by using the attachment tab with the paper clip logo only.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 85
I was having issues with this earlier also. Maybe Scott has fixed it now. At least I know it was not just me, or something I was doing wrong.

Not working for me. Just tried. I normally use the attachment uploader under the "Go Advanced" Tab, that works fine. May be something with IE 10 or Windows 7. I would try another browser on a different machine but I have to shut things down. Big storm about to hit here. Once it passes I will try.

Back up and running. Works fine on a Vista machine with Chrome. I didn't actually post the image, just went as far as the preview. Worked good. Must be something with IE 10 or Windows 7. I cleaned up all the files in the browser. Still doesn't work. Glad I can rule out a site issue. I will continue to use the advanced option. Sorry to bother you with this Scott. At least we now know. ;)

Thankfully the storm wasn't to bad for us.

I found the issue to be with the Standard Document Mode for IE 10. While still using IE 10 but using IE 9 Document Mode the basic uploader works fine. When I go back to the Standard Document Mode for IE 10 the basic loader does not respond. Capture.JPG Capture1.JPG

I hate to risk of it happening again because I am posting... I have not seen the gateway timeout in over a day now, was there something fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)