General Sports Trivia

Sports and television go hand in hand today.
a.) What, when, and where was the first sport ever televised?
b.) Who was the victor of this event?

On May 17, 1939, baseball became the first sport ever televised in the U.S. The game was between Princeton and Columbia at Baker Field. Princeton won 2-1.

On May 17, 1939, baseball became the first sport ever televised in the U.S. The game was between Princeton and Columbia at Baker Field. Princeton won 2-1.

That's word for word of what I found on the web. I guess I gotta quit skimmin' off the top of the internet - I'm pitchin' softballs! :D

You are correct! Next?

I thought there were 3; or do we not count the last one?

NHL's Quebec Bulldogs (1919-1920) became the Hamilton Tigers (1920-1925) who became the New York Americans (1925-1942) / MLB's Detroit Tigers

NHL's Pittsburgh Pirates (1925-1930) became the Philadelphia Quakers (1930-1931) / Pittsburgh Pirates

NHL's Kansas City Scouts (1974-1976) became the Colorado Rockies (1976-1982) became the New Jersey Devils / MLB's Colorado Rockies

So are we not counting the Colorado Rockies as a defunct NHL team; are my facts wrong/inaccurate?

One of the "Flying Finns" also nicknamed "Mechanical Man" and "Phantom Finn". What was his true name and his claim to fame? (I gave too many hints)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts