Genie install

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thank You very much. That's what I was hoping for. A simple install. :)
Thanks for all the responses guys.
Chad

Always glad to help Chad. Be sure to let us know how the new installation goes.

It would be nice to know if the installer replaces the existing Power Inserter (presumably a 21 volt unit) with a 29 volt model. The existing one is likely hooked in-line in the coax behind one of the DVRs.

There's been some chatter from DIRECTV CSRs that the 29 volt PI isn't necessary but some (myself included) suspect that they are blowing smoke.

Are you saying the 29 volt PI isn't needed at all, or a 21 volt PI is sufficient? Neither is correct. You need a 29 volt PI with a swm8/16.

Are you saying the 29 volt PI isn't needed at all, or a 21 volt PI is sufficient? Neither is correct. You need a 29 volt PI with a swm8/16.
Re-read post #23 very carefully.

I'm saying that DIRECTV CSRs are telling people that the PI21 has replaced the PI29.

Re-read post #23 very carefully.

I'm saying that DIRECTV CSRs are telling people that the PI21 has replaced the PI29.

You didn't say that in post #23. You were vague, as usual. Why would the csrs say that? They don't know the technical side of things. Do you have a source for your claim?

Install was easy. Only thing he switched out was something on the dish itself, and then the Genie box.

So, any known issues with the Genie HR-44? Have had this on for a couple of hours now, and it has powered itself off twice now while watching recorded programs that are on a networked DVR. I power it back up, and restart the show. Concerned what will happen if this happens while it is recording a show.

It should continue to record even if you turn it off, but it shouldn't be shutting off by itself. I haven't heard of this before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)