GeoSatPro DSR200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
have been dealing with ac3 satellite lockup issues on the geostapro 100 since day one. have been in email conversation with brian/satav and they have located the problem. assured us that corrective code will be in the next firmware update.

we are appreciative of the sadoun efforts, hobbyist efforts, satguys efforts, satav efforts - all make it possible for us buzzards to play the game we play!

thanks especially to brian/satav - perhaps he will respond to his recent efforts to clear this code problem.

There are 2 models of the receiver, the 200 which is the base unit and the 1100 which implements a DVR function.
I blind scanned a few satellites with the settings at 6MHz and was very impressed at the thoroughness of the scan along with the speed. Now I’ll tell you this isn’t as fast as my Coolsat but it’s a lot more through. A blind scan on a normal satellite takes about 45 seconds to maybe a minute longer than a Cooslat but the Geosat picks up TP’s that the Coolsat misses. I tried the infamous KFTL on 72W which is at a 1666 symbol rate. Coolsat even on detail misses it. Geosat picked it up every time I blind scanned. It seems like the blind scan is like a bloodhound. It finds the feeds other receivers miss. It picked up KTEL on 79W with the s/r of 2170 no problem. I blind scanned 103W which has the funky skew. My motorized isn’t compensated for that so normally I grab 1 maybe 2 of the NBC feeds and the usual others like Pentagon. A scan on the Coolsat brought 2 TP’s, Geosat had 9. A few days later I used this to blind scan the C-Band arc for an update to thelist and was very impressed. It found channels that I had never seen before and apparently had been there for a while. The threshold of the meter is very low. Many channels that read low signal the other receivers will pixelate. I found a few channels that the quality meter was low but the Geosat played it just fine. I did notice one item when blind scanning (or any type of scanning for that matter). If the channel does not have a name the GeoSat seems to take a while to log the channel. I know the Coolsat takes about 5-10 seconds to log these type of channels. The GeoSat takes about 30 seconds. So when you scan in 125W it does take a while since most of the channels do not have a name. It logs them as Un-named 02, 03 etc. Even though the receiver does not do 4:2:2 or HD when you lock on a HD channel the receiver actually tries to play the channel. You get part of the channel to show up (just partial and it looks black and white and scrambled). The receiver will work with Dolby digital (AC-3) audio. Just hook up your audio decoder or Sonic Voom and you can hear the audio from PBS and other channels.

I hooked the receiver up to my motorized setup to see how well it works with a motor. I mean what good is a receiver if you cant motorize it? Well I am very happy that it works fine on both USALS and Diseqc 1.2. It is bang on even after numerous scans across the arc. You can even hook up switches for multiple LNB’s and still use the motor which is something not every receiver can say. The meter is a very nice one. IN the right hand side it shows the signal in blue and quality in green. What makes it different is it also shows a bar graph if the signal fluctuates. This is great if you are aiming a dish. There is a beeper on there so you know when you are locked on the signal. Don’t worry if you don’t want that you can turn the feature off.

Some of the reasons I love this receiver are the very thorough blind scan and the picture it puts out. As a feed hunter, I want to find all the feeds out there and not have a receiver that takes 10-15 minutes to scan a satellite.

Excellent review, Ice!!! I may have to get the non-pvr version because of the red highlighted.

We regret that the main chipset limits the automatic scanning of APIDs to four PIDs. Additional APIDs could be manually added to additional channel presets, but only 4 PIDs per channel. :(

have been dealing with ac3 satellite lockup issues on the geostapro 100 since day one.

We learned about AC3 lockup yesterday and was able to replicate on the bench. This issue will be corrected in the next firmware release. Thank you for bringing this to our attention! :up

If anyone runs across any operational issues, please email, PM or post. Provide us as much documentation about the issue and include the firmware version. You don't have to accept negative performance! We value your input and don't view as criticism of our product. You can help make our product the best that it can be!

If we know about problems, we can address. :D

We regret that the main chipset limits the automatic scanning of APIDs to four PIDs. Additional APIDs could be manually added to additional channel presets, but only 4 PIDs per channel. :(

no worries. Its only a couple channels that have more than 2 anyways :)

well from what I have heard there is a new software that is in beta and does fix some issues. Also fixes a couple things in the blind scan menu
-allows you to select all or FTA....use to be a crap shoot as to what you got when scanned
-the TP limit has been changed from 950-2150 to 950-1450 which is for a standard LNB

well from what I have heard there is a new software that is in beta and does fix some issues. Also fixes a couple things in the blind scan menu
-allows you to select all or FTA....use to be a crap shoot as to what you got when scanned
-the TP limit has been changed from 950-2150 to 950-1450 which is for a standard LNB

What if the user wanted to use the receiver with a "Universal LNB" on a satellite beaming signals on Universal frequencies.:confused: I think there should be at least an option to chose either Standard or Universal.

It does
IN the menu settings you can select a multitude of LNB LO's. SO if you want Universals or Standards you can (7th pic on 2nd row in the original post shows the LNB LO)

The issue is when you wanted to blind scan. Regardless of LNB it always defaulted to scan from 950-2150 which is 11700-12900. Now with this supposed change if you have a Universal LNB it will stay at 950-2150 but a standard shows 11700-12200. Otherwise every time I blind scanned I had to change the ending frequency to 1450 even though I use a standard LNB. This streamlines it :)

It does
IN the menu settings you can select a multitude of LNB LO's. SO if you want Universals or Standards you can (7th pic on 2nd row in the original post shows the LNB LO)

The issue is when you wanted to blind scan. Regardless of LNB it always defaulted to scan from 950-2150 which is 11700-12900. Now with this supposed change if you have a Universal LNB it will stay at 950-2150 but a standard shows 11700-12200. Otherwise every time I blind scanned I had to change the ending frequency to 1450 even though I use a standard LNB. This streamlines it :)
Thanks for the clarification!:up:D

New Version GEOSATpro DSR firmware 1.27 is now available for download via satellite Galaxy19 KU OTA-SSU update.
Perform Manual Update then Factory Default to fully implement the new firmware.

Fix: AC3 Audio Lock-up
Fix: Random Remote Control Lock-up
Fix: Random C-band TP Lock-up
Add: Blind Scan Scan Options: FTA / ALL
Default: Blind Scan Ending IF Frequency: 1450 (change to match Standard Type LNBF)
Default: Search Option changed from SAT (FTA) to 1TP (FTA) in Search Screen
Default: OTA-SSU satellite, transponder and pids reassignment (press Red button in OTA screen)

Iceberg:
New here, but have to say, you've written an impressive review of the system I've getting ready to purchase. I'm not completely up to date on all of the satellite stuff, but you've answered alot of questions for me. Great forum and a lot of technical knowledge here, very impressive.

well after downloading the newest software I am VERY impressed now

Fix: AC3 Audio Lock-up
yes it did

Fix: Random Remote Control Lock-up
Fix: Random C-band TP Lock-up
This is what makes it great now. No freeze ups :)

Add: Blind Scan Scan Options: FTA / ALL
Default: Blind Scan Ending IF Frequency: 1450 (change to match Standard Type LNBF)
Default: Search Option changed from SAT (FTA) to 1TP (FTA) in Search Screen
helps solve the blind scan issues of having to reset the end frequency and hoping it catches all

thumbs up to SatelliteAV for fixing the quirks :up

Iceberg:
New here, but have to say, you've written an impressive review of the system I've getting ready to purchase. I'm not completely up to date on all of the satellite stuff, but you've answered alot of questions for me. Great forum and a lot of technical knowledge here, very impressive.

Thanks! We're here to help :)

New Firmware Version GEOSATpro DSR V1.29 is now available for download via the satellite Galaxy19 KU OTA-SSU update.

Housekeeping Version. Added satellite Telstar 14 KU and Removed Galaxy 27 C/KU

Does anyone knows how to anable that anoying beeping signal noice ?. I can not stand it. Is it on the menu?

At the bottom of the Signal Meter Screen there is a BLUE circle with the word Beep beside it. When there is a color button with a word beside it, that is an indication that that specific button has a function in that screen.

Press the BLUE button on the remote control to toggle the audio signal level beeping tone OFF or ON.

Last edited:
Brian,

My SW screen says GS03.28 (Mar27), Data Ver 1.36.

I'm on Galaxy 19 and have tried the OTA download now. I see download progress bars and a re-boot. But the screen looks the same.
Is this the same as DSR V1.29 ?

I still see Galaxy 27 ku in the sat list, and no telestar 14.

Brian,

My SW screen says GS03.28 (Mar27), Data Ver 1.36.

I'm on Galaxy 19 and have tried the OTA download now. I see download progress bars and a re-boot. But the screen looks the same.
Is this the same as DSR V1.29 ?

I still see Galaxy 27 ku in the sat list, and no telestar 14.

You have a DVR1100c, not a DSR100c/DSR200c. The DVR1100c firmware will be updated with the new function during the next release (GS3.29????), but the satellite / channel lists (Data 1.36) have been updated for all receivers.

In order for Data updates not destroy owners custom satellite, transponders, switch, etc. settings, the end user must perform a Factory Reset (default) after performing an upgrade in order to accept the updated Data default settings.

In order for Data updates not destroy owners custom satellite, transponders, switch, etc. settings, the end user must perform a Factory Reset (default) after performing an upgrade in order to accept the updated Data default settings.

Brian,

Wouldn't doing a factory reset do exactly that, erase all the custom settings and return to day 1?

Jim

Brian,

Wouldn't doing a factory reset do exactly that, erase all the custom settings and return to day 1?

Jim
Yes, custom settings are erased, I.E. lists, timers, etc. with a factory default, but not with the satellite OTA-SSU update process.

But..... when a Factory Default is performed, the receiver is reloaded with the most recent firmware, satellite, transponder and if applicable, channels. In most receivers that I am aware of, day 1 (previous factory data) no longer exists when a receiver is updated with firmware and embedded satellite/transponder/channel list data.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)