GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Starting with this version, you can disable auto update in Settings - System
Did you miss my note from earlier? I was wondering about the progress of the Channel Editor for the HDVR3500. So far everytime I try to edit channels and re-upload to the receiver it just seems to get satellites and channels scrambled all out of place... and sets all the channel numbers as 0. Works OK for me just creating satellite lists, but not if I try to modify channels. Is there a newer pre-release available? I'd be interested in testing if there is...

Did you miss my note from earlier?

I would like to think there is an awareness of the problem. I reported the issue, I see you've reported and repeated the issue as well, and if this editor is being developed in china, the chinese developers may be wrapping up their big holiday week or are just stuck in a massive traffic jam. ;)

What about the updating of the IPTV Glorystar channel lists, can they be turned off or blocked from repopulating the menus after they are deleted. Would be nice.
Glorystar will not be turned off because that's why we made it, but In FTA mode I will check how to do it

Reactions: dsmith0429
Glorystar will not be turned off because that's why we made it, but In FTA mode I will check how to do it
Yes, having the ability to block the Glorystar Channel menu's in FTA mode would be nice. I have discovered though, that if I "Delete All" and clear out all of the menu lists, then import my list into the empty field of menu lists, followed by rebooting the HDVR3500 then my list will precede the system menu lists and will be the first to show whenever I push the IPTV button. Therefore when you create your own channel lists if your favorite channel is the first channel in your custom list then that is the channel that begins when you open the IPTV module.

I have a question sorry if it have been asked, how do I delete a channel.
If I pick FTA the box always list G19, Astra 3A and I now have it on a single fixed disk not G19or astra 3A.

I've noticed that some transponders need slight east ward adjustment
My receiver developed a problem and I haven't been able to fix. I did a factory reset, and now USALS or DiSEqC 1.2 does not work. The receiver is set to FTA mode.

I tried a different receiver and have no problems, so it's definitely something going on with this receiver. All the settings are set as they were before I did the reset, so I'm not sure what is going on. It does work with only 1 fixed satellite and no DiSEqC switches connected, so I'm thinking it no longer will recognize my switches, but they did before the reset, and they work with my other receivers.

I have a 22k switch coming from the motorized dish with a Invacom QPH-031 Ku LNBF (linear & circular) into port 1 of a 8x1 DiSEqC 1.1 switch, and a C-band on port 2. The other ports are still unused at the moment. I have the settings in the receiver for DiSEqC 1.1 set accordingly. I also tried a DiSEqC 1.0 4x1 switch but didn't work either.

I even tried reloading the firmware. Any ideas?

Please back up the settings from one receiver and restore it to the receiver with messed up settings.
I don't have another HDVR3500, the other receivers are a different model or brand. I do have backups I did each time before changing any settings, maybe that will work, hadn't thought of trying that...

how do I delete a channel
1. Press OK to list channels
2. Press BLUE button to go to EDIT
3. Press down arrow to select DELETE SERVICE under "Select Edit Mode" then press OK
4. Highlight the channel you want to delete and press OK and observe it move to "Selected Service" table in the middle of the screen.
5. Once all channels to delete have been moved to "Selected Service" please move the cursor to the middle as well clicking the right arrow key on the remote
6. press GREEN button to Delete selected channels, prompt will come up "Are you sure you want to delete the selected? - Press OK to confirm.
7. Exit to view channels

Please back up the settings from one receiver and restore it to the receiver with messed up settings.
I think it may actually be the HH90 motor that is dying, because now it doesn't want to work with my other receivers. It was facing at 121W, and when I reconnected the HDVR3500, turned the receiver on and it went to the center position and stopped.

And now it doesn't move at all, with USALS or DiSEqC 1.2, with any receiver. I had removed all the other DiSEqC switches and had connected only one port of the Invacom QPH-031.

I tried each port individually and no response from the motor, except circular would make it move about a degree or two and immediately returned back to center. Thinking it may be an internal power issue. because when it is connected the LNBF strength drops as well.

The LNBF seems to be fine when I manually rotate the dish Left or Right, it locks on to the satellites.

I was wondering if I would get any benefit from getting a HH120 motor instead of another HH90... will I possibly be able to see more satellites where I live (near Lake Okeechobee, FL) or I'm pretty much stuck within the range that the HH90 sees?

Also thought of getting a WaveFrontier Toroidal antenna, has anyone used one of these? Was curious how well they work.

I have the same invacom lnbf you will find if you test current that it draws a lot.
Invacom, motor, and two diseqc and or 22khz is to much load, with out adding power from other source.
The HH 120 is slow and I mean slow, about half the speed of other motors great motor but slow.
As people have told me the WaveFrontier Toroidal antenna is good head on, But the side lobes loose a
lot for liner signal as the dish is for circular.

New firmware 1152 is up.

Updated CC
Updated IPTV (added refresh button)
improved HD processing
My opinion, the refresh button is probably good for users who are connected using the Glorystar mode but for FTA users it wipes out any personal channel lists that you have installed and refreshes the Default Glorystar lists which I would rather get rid of. Constructively speaking and not complaining. I just work around them. But I won't be hitting the REFRESH button again and liked it better, as a FTA user, before it was added.

Constructively speaking and not complaining.
This is understood. The intentions are: 1. to provide solid links that work 2. make it easy to add channels 3. allow you do decide what you want to watch.

I've noticed you are mentioning Glorystar in many posts. Glorystar mode is only half of our business. When we go to FTA mode, we are open to provide much wider options of public programming by default, and then, the customers will be able to build their own experience in addition to official list.

Reactions: Gfox
This is understood. The intentions are: 1. to provide solid links that work 2. make it easy to add channels 3. allow you do decide what you want to watch.

I've noticed you are mentioning Glorystar in many posts. Glorystar mode is only half of our business. When we go to FTA mode, we are open to provide much wider options of public programming by default, and then, the customers will be able to build their own experience in addition to official list.
I understand and I do watch a couple of the pre-programmed Christian channels. But I don't speak any foreign languages and I prefer programming that aligns with my religion and beliefs which I am sure people of all beliefs feel the same. I am not knocking anyone and am merely using Glorystar as a descriptor to identify the pre-programmed channel lists that I am referring to. I really do enjoy watching much of the Christian programming on ITBN where I can select recorded programs from their library format of my interests. Hopefully my post can be of help to tailor the unit to meet the desires of the FTA community.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts