GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any update on remote control support for Slingbox? Or any chance you could just put the bin file here so we can upload it?

It seems to be 99% compatible with other Geosat remotes, but some crucial buttons (like I think the OK key) don't work making it impossible to control.

And I would still love to be able to lock certain channel names so they don't get overwritten each time I rescan!

Any update on remote control support for Slingbox? Or any chance you could just put the bin file here so we can upload it?

It seems to be 99% compatible with other Geosat remotes, but some crucial buttons (like I think the OK key) don't work making it impossible to control.

And I would still love to be able to lock certain channel names so they don't get overwritten each time I rescan!

The Slingbox should work 100% in about two to three weeks. We should have software end of this week, but will test it first, then release.

Reactions: dsmith0429
What about bluetooth? Will it support that if I plug in a dongle? I have a bluetooth keyboard with a built in trackpad... that would be awesome if I could use that
What model do you have? If the keyboard with trackpad comes with it's own adapter that transmits communication on either 2.4GHz or 5.8 GHz, it should work, because the adapter itself has a processor and requires no additional drivers. '

The actual receiver does not have a bluetooth enabled, it can not communicate on bluetooth link, it requires bluetooth adapter.

I just ordered few generic wireless keyboards, one with pad on amazon and I will test it and report to you findings.

Reactions: N5XZS
What about bluetooth? Will it support that if I plug in a dongle? I have a bluetooth keyboard with a built in trackpad... that would be awesome if I could use that
1. Reporting from successful test: 2.4GHz keyboard with mouse pad worked great for browsing the internet.
Amazon product ASIN B00I5SW8MC2. Also successful just the keyboard - comes with the 2.4GHz adapter. I would not recommend just a keyboard, because navigating with just a keyboard would be more complicated without mouse on a browser -
Amazon product ASIN B00PK076163. - This one is the best, because it's full size and has both keyboard and mouse. $27. Compatible with any other computers.
Amazon product ASIN B00BP5KOPA

1. Reporting from successful test: 2.4GHz keyboard with mouse pad worked great for browsing the internet.
Amazon product ASIN B00I5SW8MC2. Also successful just the keyboard - comes with the 2.4GHz adapter. I would not recommend just a keyboard, because navigating with just a keyboard would be more complicated without mouse on a browser -
Amazon product ASIN B00PK076163. - This one is the best, because it's full size and has both keyboard and mouse. $27. Compatible with any other computers.

Those keyboards with the built in mouse pad are great for navigating while sitting on the couch in front of the TV or lying around in bed. I find it hard to use a separate mouse while lounging.

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Those keyboards with the built in mouse pad are great for navigating while sitting on the couch in front of the TV or lying around in bed. I find it hard to use a separate mouse while lounging.
I agree. From further testing, a small keyboard with the mouse pad will actually give you plenty of typing access and the mouse. But I was thinking that elderly would have difficult time with either one, so Apple TV may win with siri :)

What model do you have? If the keyboard with trackpad comes with it's own adapter that transmits communication on either 2.4GHz or 5.8 GHz, it should work, because the adapter itself has a processor and requires no additional drivers. '

The actual receiver does not have a bluetooth enabled, it can not communicate on bluetooth link, it requires bluetooth adapter.

I just ordered few generic wireless keyboards, one with pad on amazon and I will test it and report to you findings.
I didn't have any with their own adapter... bummer :( I did find a USB Logitech mouse that worked, model M-BQ85. But a USB Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 v1.0 will NOT work...

OK, I have a working keyboard & mouse, but it only works with the web browser. I want to edit the satellites and channels, how can I do that with the keyboard and mouse?

Okay I see the online update, didn't realize that was built in. However my local Firmware version is 1279 and the server version is 1279. So no luck. I guess it's just not going to work, oh well, I can get around the broken recurring schedule options, it's just kind of a pain to manually set a once off timer every week for all my shows (daily for my kid's show). But hey at least recording isn't completely broken at least.

Great news I just updated to Firmware 1297 and now setting up manual recording on recurring schedules works. Woohoo. I'm a very happy camper. It was getting really old to set up one off recordings every week.

BUT with further testing I found that it used to only allow a "once" recording and none of the "recurring" options. Now the "recurring" options work, but the "once" recording does not work. However, that's really okay by me. Even if I'm just recording a single item I can set a recurring schedule and just delete it after it records. If it can only work one way or the other, I like this way best, but figured I'd report just in case.

Reactions: SatelliteAV
Great news I just updated to Firmware 1297 and now setting up manual recording on recurring schedules works. Woohoo. I'm a very happy camper. It was getting really old to set up one off recordings every week.

BUT with further testing I found that it used to only allow a "once" recording and none of the "recurring" options. Now the "recurring" options work, but the "once" recording does not work. However, that's really okay by me. Even if I'm just recording a single item I can set a recurring schedule and just delete it after it records. If it can only work one way or the other, I like this way best, but figured I'd report just in case.
Also, we changed the way recording works with pre-set lengths when hitting record button, it just starts recording and green led blinks. Default pre-set recording length is set to 2 hrs but can be changed

Also, we changed the way recording works with pre-set lengths when hitting record button, it just starts recording and green led blinks. Default pre-set recording length is set to 2 hrs but can be changed

So in addition to the manual "once" recording not working any longer. It seems recording in general is a bit flaky. Now that the recurring methods were working I reprogrammed all my recordings last night. Including two items that were to happen over night and in the morning. This morning I got up and noticed it wasn't recording like it should. I went to media and the earlier recording was missing also, I checked the schedule and my entire schedule had been wiped out.

I set it back up and put in another trial recording and it seemed to work this time. Will continue testing and see if I can nail down what caused everything to be erased.

Please let me know if this happens. There is no process set up to erase things, but let's investigate. Thank you.

So the morning recording ran fine. Then I had a recording set at 12:30 to record for just 30 minutes. My wife actually watched it and then turned it off right at the end and watched something on the antenna. In the past this worked fine, but not this time. After her other show I booted it up, the show that was recording only recorded 29 minutes 09 seconds. About the time she turned it off. I checked the schedule and the entire schedule was empty. 5-6 items were programmed.

One other thing happened. When I booted it up I got a quick error message that said "Unrecognized Filesystem" It was only up for a short time. When I went into the DVR, everything was there but I don't know.

The recording I ran this morning was running while the box was running and ran fine. I'm starting to think it has something to do with being off. I'm going to run another test and have it record something in a few minutes and then turn it off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts