GEOSATpro HDVR3500 - New DVBS2 STB - Photos and Initial Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi,,,,I don't know how you could be working on the problem then turn around and ask me to explain the problem to you....I'm confused about your answer, but anyways just go to the link below and read it,,, it explains the problem.....JJ............ http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...stb-photos-and-initial-testing.351697/page-59
JJ, I don't particularly need your explanation for the problem I know, but I always ask people to describe the issue from their point of view. I want to hear from customers what is their experience in particular.

SatelliteAV

I'm not noticing any issues with my HDVR3500 since the 1314 update.

But I was trying to figure out how to use two 8x1 DiSEqC switches so I can fully utilize my recently acquired Wave Frontier Toroidal Dish. I tried using a 22k switch but couldn't get it to work. So I'm stuck at 8 satellites at the moment, but have 5 more configured (3 are on other dishes) and ready to add as soon as I figure out a solution. My goal is to have 16 satellites configured when I'm done.

Could I utilize a 4x1 DiSEqC switch, and connect the two 8x1 DiSEqC switches that way? If so what settings would I need in the receiver to get them to work together? Also, can the receiver go beyond that, say up to 32 satellites? I didn't see any settings beyond 16.

SatelliteAV, Did you have any luck with the 16x1 DiSEqC switches you were testing? And, if they work, can 2 be used with this receiver for a capacity of 32 satellites? I'm thinking if you get the 22k issue resolved, this would be an ideal solution for my setup.

THANKS!

SatelliteAV

I'm not noticing any issues with my HDVR3500 since the 1314 update.

But I was trying to figure out how to use two 8x1 DiSEqC switches so I can fully utilize my recently acquired Wave Frontier Toroidal Dish. I tried using a 22k switch but couldn't get it to work. So I'm stuck at 8 satellites at the moment, but have 5 more configured (3 are on other dishes) and ready to add as soon as I figure out a solution. My goal is to have 16 satellites configured when I'm done.

Could I utilize a 4x1 DiSEqC switch, and connect the two 8x1 DiSEqC switches that way? If so what settings would I need in the receiver to get them to work together? Also, can the receiver go beyond that, say up to 32 satellites? I didn't see any settings beyond 16.

SatelliteAV, Did you have any luck with the 16x1 DiSEqC switches you were testing? And, if they work, can 2 be used with this receiver for a capacity of 32 satellites? I'm thinking if you get the 22k issue resolved, this would be an ideal solution for my setup.

THANKS!
How many dishes/lnbs in total do you run?

My suggestion is to set up each lnb and satellite separately then use 22Khz switch between two DiSeQc switches. I am still working on the issue, will update you.

Reactions: dsmith0429
How many dishes/lnbs in total do you run?

My suggestion is to set up each lnb and satellite separately then use 22Khz switch between two DiSeQc switches. I am still working on the issue, will update you.
Sounds like I was doing it right with the 22k switch, just that it's not working because of the issue. But that's exactly what I have done, set up each LNB separately, then connect them to the switch.

Currently I have 3 Ku dishes, the Toroidal Dish has 7 LNBs configured, with 5 connected at the moment, a Ku dish with 2 LNBs (1 connected), another Ku with 1 LNB, and I also have a Mini BUD project C-band dish with 1 LNB. So I have a total of 8 connected, out of 11 LNBs I currently want connected, with plans to add more.

Sounds like I was doing it right with the 22k switch, just that it's not working because of the issue. But that's exactly what I have done, set up each LNB separately, then connect them to the switch.

Currently I have 3 Ku dishes, the Toroidal Dish has 7 LNBs configured, with 5 connected at the moment, a Ku dish with 2 LNBs (1 connected), another Ku with 1 LNB, and I also have a Mini BUD project C-band dish with 1 LNB. So I have a total of 8 connected, out of 11 LNBs I currently want connected, with plans to add more.
I guess cascading DiSeQc will be the best. I will investigate

Thank you

Does the 3500 have separate diseqc menu configurations for diseqc 1.0 and 1.1?

Sent from a phone, probably while I'm driving over the speed limit through a school zone with construction workers present.

this looks like a pretty sweet receiver,

i was thinking about going the cheap route with the X2, i might have to open the wallet a bit further for this one,

i have a KU motorized dish, will i get many more channels with a DVB-S2 HD receiver, as opposed to a standard definition DVB-S receiver??

IMHO, you'd be throwing money away on a dvb-s only receiver. Too many dvb-s2 channels out there of great quality programming.

Sent from a phone, probably while I'm driving over the speed limit through a school zone with construction workers present.

IMHO, you'd be throwing money away on a dvb-s only receiver. Too many dvb-s2 channels out there of great quality programming.

Lol, no, i already have DVB-S SD receivers (many of them), wondering how much extra is out there that im missing on KU (DVB-S2 + HD)

Lol, no, i already have DVB-S SD receivers (many of them), wondering how much extra is out there that im missing on KU (DVB-S2 + HD)
PBS, OETA, LPBS, NBC feeds just for starters.

I guess cascading DiSeQc will be the best. I will investigate

Thank you
I'm assuming this is the settings I need to do cascading, DiSEqC mode 1.0/1.1, with the first 8x1 DiSEqC switch on Port A (or 1 as shown on my 4x1 DiSEqC switch), and the second 8x1 DiSEqC switch on Port B (or 2 as shown on my 4x1 DiSEqC switch), and set the 1.1 ports to match my 8x1 DiSEqC switches. Off this weekend, so time to play with the setup some more. Thanks for your help SatelliteAV:thumbup
IMG_5436.JPG

Problem with timer recording 3hrs. I've been recording with my 3500 with success on many shows on different channels. My problem is when I set a timer to record 3hr long shows the recording doesn't stop when 3 hrs of timer recording is complete. The first time I was gone on vacation and it recorded until my internal usb thumb drive was full. I thought it was just a glitch. 2nd time I tried recording 3hr show, it did the same exact thing as the first time. This time I was here to stop the recording after 30min too long. It recorded 3hr and 30min and was going to keep going until it filled the thumb drive to capacity. Using Firmware version 1314. Anything less than 3hrs stops on time as it should. Thanks.

Problem with timer recording 3hrs. I've been recording with my 3500 with success on many shows on different channels. My problem is when I set a timer to record 3hr long shows the recording doesn't stop when 3 hrs of timer recording is complete. The first time I was gone on vacation and it recorded until my internal usb thumb drive was full. I thought it was just a glitch. 2nd time I tried recording 3hr show, it did the same exact thing as the first time. This time I was here to stop the recording after 30min too long. It recorded 3hr and 30min and was going to keep going until it filled the thumb drive to capacity. Using Firmware version 1314. Anything less than 3hrs stops on time as it should. Thanks.
Thanks for the heads up. I guess the robots have decided if you need to record more, you need to record it all :)
I will look into it.

Reactions: chadg2
I'm assuming this is the settings I need to do cascading, DiSEqC mode 1.0/1.1, with the first 8x1 DiSEqC switch on Port A (or 1 as shown on my 4x1 DiSEqC switch), and the second 8x1 DiSEqC switch on Port B (or 2 as shown on my 4x1 DiSEqC switch), and set the 1.1 ports to match my 8x1 DiSEqC switches. Off this weekend, so time to play with the setup some more. Thanks for your help SatelliteAV:thumbup
View attachment 115174
You can use 22Khz switch and two 8x1 switches. You can also use 16x1 switch that we discussed. I will do additional post on the 16x1 DiSeqC switch.

You can use 22Khz switch and two 8x1 switches. You can also use 16x1 switch that we discussed. I will do additional post on the 16x1 DiSeqC switch.
I wasn't able to use a 22k switch, would not work properly, maybe related to a similar issue as someone else reported with 22k switches? But using a 4x1 with an 8x1 on ports A & B (or 1 & 2) works, with the settings in the receiver as DiSEqC mode 1.0/1.1. But I would be interested in just using a 16x1 switch instead...

I will like to share my evaluation.

I serve as a volunteer Technical Director in LLBN Latino. Most of the local viewers I have met have only one dish with a fixed position. We are exploring distribution over ip and the newest media distribution via streaming channels as well as social media to interact with our viewers.

So, now, evaluating this product has given us the opportunity to add the our iptv channel in 720p which is an upgrade to the SD of the Sat broadcast. Until now, I have tested the fixed dish setting, and the IPTV channel. We are happy with the results.

No testing has been done in the DVR area.

As we would love to go towards live streaming channels and social media, we would like to see the possibilities of a faster machine with more ram, more usb ports for mouse and keyboard to make it interactive and maybe later a use of a camera.

I think that as we have more and more access to the internet the tendency would be more PC use than just broadcasting. At least, for us, in LLBN Latino, it is important to interact with the tv audience.

We still think that in those places where there is no internet access (or slow access) an STB would be of great use, as well as for those with mobile needs (rv, boats, etc,) In that case we would welcome a unit with a solar panel, an batteries.

I would think that a unit with a quad processor and 4 gig ram and 64 SSD and maybe at least 2 USB2 and 2 USB3 ports for about $100 would be a great starting unit for the basic user with a good browser with flash, streaming apps (livestream, ustream, youtube, etc) and Social Media apps (fb, and others) as well as STB would be a great marketing product.

As a broadcaster a "all-in-one" mobile powerful multi access small rugged with a multicast app available unit would be a nice little toy that I can see myself using at home, studio, conferences, demo, hotel, vacation, etc.

Thank you Eugene for what you do expanding the possibilities for us to deliver the content we share. We will be very happy to evaluate more products like this.

Mephi

Sorry friends. We did not make it ! Not enough donations to keep LLBN Latino on Galaxy 19. We will stay in IPTV (rtmp) which this unit works well. I am also testing MXQ units with Google TV and quad processors (android). Bye sat community ...

Mephi

Sorry friends. We did not make it ! Not enough donations to keep LLBN Latino on Galaxy 19. We will stay in IPTV (rtmp) which this unit works well. I am also testing MXQ units with Google TV and quad processors (android). Bye sat community ...

Mephi
Mephi, we are sorry to hear that, as you know, all our units include LLBN Latino on the IPTV. Let me know if you need any additional help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.